Install Linux

>install Linux
>have to deal with systemd
>have to chain together half baked abandonware to get something functional
>at the end of the day Linux still can't work with audio at all.

Why do people stand for this and not demand better

Attached: sigh.jpg (676x676, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Install Gentoo

>not demand better
You're free to write a fix, just as everyone else is. You don't demand something, you get in and do it. Entitled fool.

Install windows (or 'just werks' distro like Manjaro KDE)

>do research before installing Linux to make sure I am using supported hardware
>everything works better than expected
>mfw
>god&anime.mp4

But why is it acceptable for Linux to only work on a subset of hardware?
Evidentally this doesn't work as not even you are able to get off your lazy ass and fix this shit.

(You)

Because some proprietary blobs cannot be open sourced.
Have you ever thought that maybe they have fixed it, but just don't want to share it with autistic animefrogposters that are just going to open a million issues, because their "subset" of hardware doesn't work?
Fuck off.

Because hardware drivers are a lot of hard work.

These two books may help you understand the details.

lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/

Attached: 013359162X.jpg (508x648, 149K)

>have issues with linux
>automatically treated as a shitposter or idiot

Why? I've looked around on Linux forums to try to solve the audio issues and so many people are just loke, "oh well ill accept it"
what the fuck is this? Why don't you guys have more self respect? The computer is meant to work for you and be your slave. There should be no inconvenience

Attached: Fuck_China_.jpg (1599x752, 1.04M)

>Evidentally this doesn't work as not even you are able to get off your lazy ass and fix this shit.
I don't know what you want to fix, it works on my machine.

Are you reading your posts? You sound ridiculous.

I've never had issues with audio.
If ever there was a problem it was because I misconfigured something.
Unironically install Gentoo and learn something about the operating system you're trying to use.
You also avoid systemd that way.

>frogposter
?

I know a lot about Linux. That's why I feel I am in a position to critique it.
Linux is just as much of a mess as Windows. Shoddy repairs on a shitty foundation built on sand.

If you're genuinely having issues with audio in $CURRENT_YEAR, then chances are you don't know half as much about it as you think.

poettering may be a faggot but pulse audio and pavucontrol give you very granular control over what plays where. I have a USB headset, speakers, and a bluetooth headset and each is played to by a different application, it can properly divide the sound between all three and remember the setting across all apps, and changes depending on the priority set and which is attached.
If I activate my bluetooth some sound will get piped there and the rest will remain on the speakers, disconnect it and the sound is back to the speakers. I am not sure if even wangblows has this kind of fine control.

It's genuinely not fixed I don't know what you want for me. I guess I'm just supposed to live with it like everyone else?
Fuck this you people win you guys are just making me cry again. All I want is for computers to be good. Linux isn't perfect but I can't even say anything on it I want things to be better so maybe I'll actually use a computer . I really just hate technology I'm the only person in the computer science department who does work on a typewriter. Computers just seem to be a disease. I am sick of crying because if you Jow Forums mean people

>I am sick of crying because if you Jow Forums mean people

Attached: koth-laughing.jpg (750x1061, 112K)

There, there user. Don't cry.

Attached: 1497923137419.gif (500x401, 137K)

yo, you (you)ed two. The FOSS community is legion.

Don't tell people what to do. There is nothing wrong with crying.

It's because issues rarely happen.

Normally the problem is between the keyboard and chair.

>But why is it acceptable for Linux to only work on a subset of hardware?
because manufacturers only support Windows themselves and don't provide information for other people to support the hardware for them
you can't support what you don't have documentation to interface with
if you want to be certain a machine supports Linux, go buy a computer with Linux pre-installed from the factory
you already do the same with prebuilts and Windows or macOS

that being said, although I've had issues with Linux on all kinds of hardware (almost entirely video and wifi), it's been over a decade since audio hasn't worked on a machine I've tried, and that was mostly because "lol everyone switching to pulse for no real reason" rather than hardware support issues

>solve the audio issues
What are your audio issues?

He's not wrong, though.

>Install arch
>No problems at all, just werks

What the fuck are people doing?

>at the end of the day Linux still can't work with audio at all.
pic related

Attached: topkek.jpg (504x138, 36K)

It's because you act as if this is a complaint that applies against linux as a whole rather than linux + your hardware and/or software configuration. This is a you specific problem. While I do feel sorry that you're having issues that get in the way of enjoying the software, you'd probably get more sympathy if you stopped talking about it as if all linux users have this exact problem, and they are all just sweep it under the rug. Genuinely though I wish you the best of luck user

He has a point, the Linux community, in general, treats a lot of unstable and broken shit as tolerable, because they're already in the habit of nigger rigging a solution for what ever is bleeding or on fire today.
This is not a new thing, this is inherent to the DIY nature of the community.

Take for example, the software manager and system update tool in most distros is unstable and is almost guaranteed to do wierd shit to you, everyone knows this, and works around it by either using apt, or synaptic or equivalent such as muon.
So why then does no one unfuck such an obvious trashfire that is right out in the front end of the system?
Because they already solved the problem with a workaround, for themselves, and thus the issue never really gets seen as an issue.

Use pulseaudio, it just werkz.

STOP USING SYSTEMD!
go on distrowatch and search for non-systemd distros. please!

> have to deal with systemd
It is orders of magnitudes better than the Windows, OSX and Android inits though.

> have to combine the possibly most well-financed well-maintained software ever with some smaller software projects that do more things
FTFY. Business as usual. Nothing is perfect, but at least Linux lets you have a lot of good choices for most things. You don't have to deal with WIndows' shitty work space management and can instead use tiling WMs that work rather beautifully overall, for instance.

> at the end of the day Linux still can't work with audio at all
Are you high?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1516321865484.png (394x487, 225K)

> the software manager and system update tool in most distros
Package manager? That is quite to extremely solid and has a much broader scope than it has on Windows or OSX or even Android (the play store may update applications, but it's not generally updating the "system" software package wise, nor does it support alternative sources itself).

> works around it by either using apt
Eh, apt is literally the software manager and system update tool for Debian. It's not the best around at this point, but lesser OS' don't even have that.

>go on distrowatch and search for non-systemd distros. please!
Any recommendations, besides
>install gentoo
?

I use Artix. It's basically a non-systemd Arch.

>thinking apt is a "workaround"
You have no idea what you are talking about.

>Why do people stand for this and not demand better
Just go demand a refund. That should teach them. I mean it's just code, why aren't they fixing it? They must be stupid or something. Just change the code so it's fixed.

Why? SystemD is great!

Read the manual. Alternatively, write your own audio layer.
It seems like you are a little too dumb to actually use Linux correctly.

>t. Poettering

>But why is it acceptable for Linux to only work on a subset of hardware?
This is a hurdle that must be overcome by developers thanks to hardware companies being a shit

But over on the MS side, you have windows 7
and older arbitrarily blocking newer cpus or viceversa unless you work around it because muh closed source software

what is this post
like, I can understand
>the Linux community, in general, treats a lot of unstable and broken shit as tolerable, because they're already in the habit of nigger rigging a solution for what ever is bleeding or on fire today.
because it's true

but then
>Take for example, the software manager and system update tool in most distros is unstable and is almost guaranteed to do wierd shit to you, everyone knows this, and works around it by either using apt, or synaptic or equivalent such as muon.
is entirely just bullshit since apt IS the software manager and system update tool, it's not some workaround

>it's not some workaround
linux is built of workarounds

Void

low quality post

>can't work with no audio

Yes it can you fucking retard.