I'm getting a gaming laptop for two years of school. Should I go 17 or 15 inch?

I'm getting a gaming laptop for two years of school. Should I go 17 or 15 inch?

help me out Jow Forums.

Attached: 17-inch-comparison-1.jpg (500x333, 41K)

Desktop. I feel for the gaming laptop meme before. Biggest waste of money. Enjoy throttling and sub par lifespan.

Go for 15.6 inches my man

>gaming laptop for school

I was thinking of getting a gaming laptop until I saw the surface book 2.why spend a shit ton of money for a laptop that can only do one thing well when you can have a jack of all trades.

bait?

you want a jack of all trade? get a t420 or x220.. not even memeing..

Gaming laptop and school do not mix. Pick one or another.

this. 17 inch is to big if you want to carry it around at all.

just get yourself an E series and pen&paper. Taking notes digitally goes out the fucking windows as soon as you need to write equations.

>inb4 Latex

13 inch and buy a dedicated monitor. it will feel more natural to have your laptop on the left, mouse on the right, and a real monitor in front of you.
dork

Fucking idiots

>gaming laptop

Just get a good business-class laptop and use an external GPU. Then you can bring a laptop that won't overheat and drain its battery within an hour to class and when you go back home or to your dorm, you can still hook up your GPU for vidya. Then in two years, you can buy a new GPU if you want, because your business laptop will still be great for non-gaming tasks (whereas a gaming laptop will be absolute shit in two years).

E545 checking in, I upgraded it to quad-core A10-5750, 16gb RAM and 1tb 7200rpm HDD, it's plenty fast, have had it forever.

E-series has plenty of horsepower for college as long as you aren't doing CAD and even that is probably fine just don't drop it. My T60 fared better at 4' than my first E545 fared at 2'.

Battery life is decent and it has USB 3.0. Supposedly you can upgrade the screen from I believe the W540 or 520 and give it 1080p graphics, the stock 1366x768 screen is absolutely dreadful but otherwise it's a decent machine.

no u

t mouth breathing debtor that LOVES video games

t namefag

already got a decent desktop but I will be spending a lot of my time there.

Stop being a teenager

Needs to play video games on the go?

Are you autistic?

>i have to play my games wherever i go!!!
kill yourself

>gaming laptop for school
i didn't know the course load in middle school was so demanding
don't be a fucking laughingstock, get a thinkpad, macbook or xps if you don't want to be given hundreds of swirlies at a time

prove me wrong, in 2018 you don't need anything more powerful than a higher-end Core 2 Duo to do 95% of what most people do, hell I can browse Zogbook on a Pentium 3 with 2gb RAM

Memory is what kills most computers these days, your Big 3 browsers will use as much RAM by themselves as the rest of your system uses.

Then play games in comfort of your home, retard. And spend time in school doing school work, if you're at a program that actually isn't unless you'll never have no school work

I really get wanting a gaming laptop since it can be much more multipurpose and has a longer useful lifespan than a weakling netbook.
I would choose 15.6"/15", make sure it's 1080p screen minimum.
Also make sure laptop switches off the GPU once it's on battery, and throttles the CPU.

kys namefag

(You) first