Hypothetical Burglary

Somehow a burglar manages to steal all of your computers.

How fucked are you?

Attached: Burglar-looking-at-laptop-through-window.jpg (810x539, 87K)

In the verys', but then again I happen to browse Jow Forums so... unlikely.

thats okay. they weren't mine anyways,

Attached: 1447700526765.jpg (449x410, 26K)

They were your wife's boyfriend's?

Let's pretend they're a magic burglar.

i think it would be nice to be free from computers

Let's pretend I study the mystic arts.

We've got insurance so it would basically mean taking a bunch of useless laptops and turning them into a good one

>steal my $200 thinkpad
fine. i have my backups

hehe I have a usb and Steam is freely available feggot

Well let's see

break into house?
>lose email server (pretty fucked)
>lose file server (it's encrypted though)
>lose desktops (fairly fucked, various account passwords in browsers etc, also photos and emails and everything)
>lose laptops (same as desktops but a bit less so)
>still have fairly recent backups in the storage shed
>still have a core2quad system in the shed
My server would be a biggie, setting email and everything back up again would be a pain. Also a loss of a few thousand euros

break into shed?
>lose backup server (it's encrypted)
>lose some old computers with nothing valuable on them
Not a big problem

break into house and shed?
>lose all my shit
>most recent offsite backup is like a year old now
Having a year's worth of most recent emails and files gone would be quite annoying.

I should maybe think about at least encrypting my email server. But on the other hand I really want it to boot back up on its own after a power failure.

Modified bios with Ryzenfall/Chimera?

Well, they steal about 4k in hardware, and while they can get into my OS since I don't password protect it, all my other accounts are not signed in by default. As for files on the computers, they have access to my movie collection, image collection, and local copies of software. I don't lose anything important as I back up anything I don't want to lose offsite

>steals 10 years old dual core PC
Eh, finally I have an excuse to upgrade my computer.

Around $700 out, but that’s probably less than breakin damage... Backed up yesterday, so no files.
Also almost no encryption except for passwords/key files, so fair amount of pictures and company data, maybe I should do something about that...

jokes on them the keyboard is covered in dried cum

I live on the second floor behind two locked doors
I doubt someone will break into my house

amdflaws.com

Every monitor, PC case, laptops, router, server case, and even my backup HDD rack are chained to desks or other large and heavy objects using a bunch of kensington locks I got for free when my workplace cleaned out the storage rooms. I have dozens of these fucking things I don't even know what to do with. They can have fun with my mice, keyboards, and an old coffee maker. Literally all that's worth taking from my small apartment aside from my electronics is a couple of small kitchen appliances, some trackball mice, some keyboards, maybe my main laptop (the only device that's not on a kensington lock). But I take this main laptop everywhere with me and it's encrypted.

If someone were to try to rob me while I'm home they'd be force-fed 12 gauge shells until their corpse stops twitching.

Attached: 1490313748702.jpg (540x534, 67K)

>Implying a white trash meth head or nigger even knows what a CPU is.

what point are you trying to make?

He's an Intel shill. Buy IBM POWER9 instead. It respects your freedoms and it's incredibly powerful and secure. Talos II is expensive but worth it and you can run x86 virtual machines on it, since it's enterprise server hardware that's made for this sort of thing.

>desktop
Encrypted and BIOS-locked, but unfortunately Gigabyte are a bunch of retards and I'm pretty sure there's no way to turn off USB boot on this board.
>laptop
MacBook, encrypted, firmware password. Resetting it isn't that hard, but I assume most burglars don't have SPI flash programmers lying around.
>phone
iPhone, encrypted. Have fun with that.
>older laptops
No sensitive data and probably worthless.

Unfortunately, I have no backups. Fortunately, I'm a loser who spends all his time on Jow Forums and has nothing to back up, so...

not at all.
I've just spent my whole easter weekend on backing up my data on all of my computers.

>cloned all the ssds on my new desktop pc to separate 3.5" magnetic hard disks which I store in my drawer
>cloned the ssd and the hdd on my old desktop pc to external usb hard disks
>copied the image of the ssd in my new laptop to a usb flash drive
>copied the image of the hdd in my old laptop to a usb flash drive
>cloned the ssd on my simulation and entertainment pc to another 2.5" ssd I store in my drawer
>cloned the sdxc of my raspberries to separate sd cards
>as for my htpc...
well shit, my htpc is connected to a 16tb nas array which lies next to my router. if the nas gets stolen I'm screwed. I'll lose all my movies, series and music.

>pretend
I'm two step ahead of you.

based user