Almost an entire year since I upgraded to a new PC with Win7 installed and I just figured out last week that the reason...

>almost an entire year since I upgraded to a new PC with Win7 installed and I just figured out last week that the reason the sound was so low was because I had my headphones jacked into the back audio port this whole term
You ever derped this hard with tech before, Jow Forums?

Attached: Dell-Alienware-X51-Gaming-Desktop-review-ports[1].jpg (1500x991, 316K)

>Not having a external DAC amp
HD558's here have no bass without a decent amp

Those ports can be reassigned with Realtek software. And back ports are better than front ports.

I got two GPUs for ATI Crossfire but I couldn't figure out how to make it work so I just threw one GPU into the trash

Attached: 1516047040900.png (658x662, 59K)

What's the difference?

The back ones think you're plugging in speakers.

The back port was like the audio was turned down to half while it was at it's maximum value. Unless this SPEC-02 case is amplifying audio on it's own, using the port that comes attached to the motherboard results in pretty low sound

I know this is bait but how could someone be that stupid

my screen was having an odd washed up black color for two weeks i switched HDMI from different lengths/manufacturer until i reused the DVI it came with it it fixed the color but i had to get speakers for the audio

u r dumb

>derp

Attached: file.jpg (640x795, 112K)

>The absolute state of Jow Forums

>back ports are better than front ports.

Sauce?

>implying HD558s have decent bass with an amp
I have HD558s. I have a decent amp and foam modded them and they're still mediocre.
I ended up upgrading to HD650s, which are a lot better.

>why is a port that's hard soldered directly to the circuitry better than one that has to send the signal through a foot+ of barely shielded cable in a box of EM interference

Attached: ovCusiI.jpg (1600x901, 161K)

Man you're a dumb fuck.

The amp pushes a stronger signal through the headphones. It doesn't magically increase certain frequencies, it just makes the headphones louder.

I just have my gpu hooked up to my monitor with display port and have my speakers and headphone hooked up to the aux on my monitor.

1) not using the 1080 ti HDMI out (kek)
2) putting laptop back together naturally had the laptop display facing me so it wasn't going on (was backwards) with the bottom of laptop facing up instead of keyboard up. I clicked the next day

which is why i bought the maximus x code, both front and rear outputs are amplified.

Those wires are EMI RFI shielded which is designed specifically for this application, the interference if any would be so low you will not notice.

Those wires are EMI RFI shielded which is designed specifically for this application, the interference if any would be so low you will not notice.

>You ever derped this hard with tech before, Jow Forums?
Yeah, I installed Windows once too

Maybe in a high end case like a 900D or something, but I've had plenty where I could definitely tell a difference between the front and rear audio ports.

Stop being poor

Not always, and especially not in prebuilts. HP, Dell, and Lenovo desktops always had terrible front audio sound quality because the audio wiring would be stringed through some of the "noisiest" parts of the motherboard. Even the Skylake and later models have static muddling the sound quality.

Yeah mine are almost 8 years old, gonna replace them soon do you recommend the 650? Are they more comfitable?
bullshit i ran them through a Forte (off brand xfi) and a Audigy 2 ZS and it sounded so much better through a amp

Moron why would i choose to have less volume and less bass

You're both retarded.
Read up on output impedance.
Plugging low impedance headphones in high impedances outputs will distort sound.

Amps themselves don't alter sound in any way, but they have a dedicated headphone output with low impedance.

I found an old hard drive of mine from my first pc and it was IDE so I ordered an IDE to USB adaptor, however I needed to power it so I plugged in the molex in the HDD while PC was on and fried my motherboard.
I still don't know what is in that hard drive.

Motherboard outs are designed for speakers, not headphones.

WHO CARES AUDIOFAG

>the whole term
The whole time, you uneducated underage.

for me the front port sounds like shit

Its AMD so you should throw the other one into the trash too