Thoughts

Thoughts

Attached: wear-os-0.jpg (980x620, 99K)

Thoughts about what? About the OS or smartwatches in general?

Wear OS.

>smartwatches

Attached: 1515007970126.png (398x436, 34K)

I meant specifically the OS but I don't see why it couldn't be a general discussion

Works for swimming.

Attached: apple-watch-underwater.jpg (1180x660, 105K)

Smart watches are just normal watches with more features.

I have pic related and never looked back. The only time smarwatches are retardcore is when people sacrifice style for functionality. You need one that finds a balance

Attached: michael-kors-NAVY-Grayson-Navy-tone-Smartwatch-2.jpg (1300x852, 211K)

I like my smartwatch a lot, its really pratical to get your notifications, or controlling your media player.

But Android Wear ecosystem seams barely alive. Not much coming out for it.

>wasting the only slot men are allowed to wear jewlery for hipster trash

why did pebble have to die

it was perfect

unless you can get one on a major sale, smartwatches aren't really worth the money. It is nice having notifications on your wrist I guess, but there is no 'killer app' to having one.

>he doesn't rock a cock piercing
Explore your options, user

>men that wear jewlery

Attached: 1519074871285.jpg (1072x1360, 160K)

gay/10

>doesnt realize that its a status symbol and soyboys are to poor to buy proper armwear

This. Every app that doesn't come preloaded is either some crap game or a companion app for something like Spotify that is completely redundant because you can just control all of that from the notification slide.

Not that I hate mine. I actually love having google assistant right on my wrist. There just isn't a lot beyond that

Sorry cucky, but people like Ozzy are far chad than you

shopped

>The only time smarwatches are retardcore is when people sacrifice style for functionality.
Like years of battery?

Because like that other user said, it sacrificed style for practicality. No matter how you spin it, a square watch some a black and white digital watchface simply looks awful. Even apple watches which have selectable watch faces will never catch up to real watches as long as they have that artificial square look. Don't even get me started on the ugly rubber straps, the only straps for them that won't cost you an arm and a leg

Not really. As long as you can get 24 hours out of a charge there is no problem at all. Just charge it when you sleep.

>As long as you can get 24 hours out of a charge there is no problem at all. Just charge it when you sleep.

Attached: index.png (210x239, 3K)

Prove me wrong

>Technology that instead of taking things away from your "shit I gotta do" list, it ads itself to it as another fucking thing you have to do.

Veri gud tech m8.

Well I don't know about you but I take my watch off when I sleep so it literally adds nothing to my day. Plus now I have a dock for my watch to sit on instead of just laying on the nightstand.

>56bpm after 250m of swimming
Bullshit

Wristlets. When will they learn?

They just do the same things a phone does in an inferior way.

I also can't see why I'd be unable to dedicate the time to pull out my phone, but would be ok to do the same task on the wrist

pre-pubescent child detected.
in some jobs you cant just pull your phone out

maybe only if you work at a factory or if you're a chef. Most jobs you can, in fact i'm always on my phone at my job, with the amount of shit i have to google and the people i have to talk to.

Nope, pebble was going strong. It just got bought from Fitbit.

>Pebble was going strong
My ass. Pebble went bankrupt and Eric fucking sold that shit

I'm not a fat fuck and I like to work out. it's so much easier to control my music and reply to important messages from my watch while I'm running or working out than it is to stop, pull out my phone and reply there. also tracks heart rate pretty well and records workout data as well so those features are pretty important to me.

I think Google had it right the first time around with Android Wear.
I'm not a big fan of the idea of strapping an entire phone to your wrist. A smartwatch should basically just be a notification center.

Still, I personally don't see a need for one.

charge a fucking watch is for retarded people, a watch battery should last fucking months/years, you fucking faggot. it`s not a smartphone it´s a fucking watch!!!

android wear is so shit that i unironically went back to my pebble steel

calm down grandpa, I put it to charge on my nightstand because I'm taking any watch off when I sleep and it becomes my alarm clock since it's loud enough to wake me anyway. also it's a great health tracker. i don't want a watch and a health tracker separately on my arm so why not combine the two? you're argument is a pretty stupid one, family.

so does an f91w

Why the fuck would you wear the watch on your left hand?

Come the fuck on, user. Delete this post and try again.

Jow Forums has finally become so autistic that they can't tell which hand is which

Well I meant right hand you dickheads and you know it. Watches are supposed to be worn on the left hand

not that guy but smartwatches are memes. Will go out of fashion in a few years unless they start making these with reasonable components which allow weeks/months of battery life while still being able to keep track of your gay fitness shit. Btw, you are a faggot if you charge your fucking watch every night. Holy shit.

>will go out of fashion
only faggots and women care about what's in fashion, I use it as a tool. function > form. I'm not just going to let the fucking thing die halfway through the next day. I actually want to be able to use it for shit.

They're nifty conversation pieces. That's literally the primary reason I got one. They're still new enough, especially if you have something that isn't an Apple Watch (A.K.A. the only smartwatch most people can recognize). Watches are pretty much the only way to get away with wearing anything flashy as a dude, it's nice to have a gadget there.

Also, although all the functionality of a smartwatch qualifies as "creature comforts", being able to control a bunch of shit about your wireless devices from your wrist is fucking cool. And yes, I have a charger on my nightstand. The phone and watch go there before bed. I don't understand how someone can complain that that is too much effort and in the same breath talk about how "you can still just pull out your phone instead of looking at your wrist, stop being lazy".

WEAR
US

t. retard

Not an argument

They are supposed to be worn on your weak hand

This is obviously right hand.

Nope, Pebble died and Fitbit bought the liquidated assets of the brand from the firesale. They wanted the dev team and the expertise in building closed source software for smartwatches, not the Pebble name itself as that had proven to be a market failure.

Pebble was bankrupt and dead, Fitbit or not. Fitbit has at least kept the Pebble servers online way longer than it needed to and worked with the Pebble community to open sores as much of it as it can to the Rebble team.

Soy as fuck

a garbage framented attemp at beating the iwatch

samsung did a better job with their own tizen

huawei watch was nice as fuck then they ruined with 2nd gen and no plans for a 3rd cus the 2nd is selling well they said....

time to go back to iphones for the apple watch

>I have so many notifications I need another device for them

>I bought bigger and bigger phones and now I need a smaller one on my wrist so I can have TWO fragile tracking devices to worry about

Attached: 1512330991878.jpg (480x439, 39K)

>control music from watch, rather than take phone out
>works for cars using AUX cable
>glance at notifications on wrist while at work, where you can't take your phone out
>tells time
>can pay for shit if you forget wallet

then of course the dozen other shit including fitness stuff

for most people it's a decent buy

Watches are for fags

I really like having a smart watch but I also understand that not everyone can find them useful.
Cheers

Attached: 20180403_045200-01.jpg (3024x4032, 1.15M)

I wear mine while I sleep to track sleep.
I only charge it while I'm taking a shower and occasionally if I just don't want to be wearing it at home.

Attached: Screenshot_20180403-045709.jpg (1080x2220, 203K)

>I bought bigger and bigger phones, and now I can't easily take them out of my pocket
>So does my phone
>I have so many notifications I need another device for them
>so does a watch
>so does a phone

>to track sleep.
kill yourself. track that

Why the heck would a person kill one's self?

First of all, it's on the right. Second, watches MUST be worn on the left, it's the proper way.

Are there any watches that don't have super-locked down ecosystems? I don't want to buy one and then find out the vendor didn't add a way to, say, reply to text messages, so I can never do that now

Please castrate yourself so you don't spread your retarded genes

How does it feel to be retarded?

I know there are a couple of them that run full android

I don't associate with those kinds of """ people"""