What's the most inefficient slow programming language working on so many levels of abstraction

What's the most inefficient slow programming language working on so many levels of abstraction.

Attached: 1349773664266.jpg (361x469, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bitbucket.org/multicoreware/x265/src/2bbff45f761fdd9fb22495587640355432dc45bc/source/common/x86/mc-a2.asm?at=default&fileviewer=file-view-default
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

C

asm and AT&T syntax for a decent ammount of eyecancer

Haskell

Probably Ruby

None of these are anywhere near "the most inefficient and slow" languages

That's the joke.

Attached: 1509510477997.png (284x115, 3K)

the x86 assembly language

This

Javascript

Javascript is quite fast for how abstract it is

Poorly designed, but fast.

How many times are you going to post this stupid thread

Samefag resetting his dynamic IP to fake out the unique posters. We get it. You hate Haskell. Now fuck off.

R

Can I get a Perl 6 vs Ruby test

Yes but there is no point in using this language at all in modern computing.

The one I wrote has to be up there. The closest analogue would be Lisp with Lua's metamethods. Any innocent looking operation like (+ 1 2) may be dozens of value look-ups and function invocations. People do this in Ruby with method missing, sure, and Lua via the same mechanism. But here they may be macros in the method chain that need to be expanded adding another layer of abstraction.

*blocks your path*
bitbucket.org/multicoreware/x265/src/2bbff45f761fdd9fb22495587640355432dc45bc/source/common/x86/mc-a2.asm?at=default&fileviewer=file-view-default

VBA

Smalltalk.
>first we begin by emulating a Xerox PARC from the 1970s....

How abstract are we talking? A lot of video games can have programming. Gmod and Minecraft come to mind. I'm sure you could somehow rig up a computer in Dwarf Fortress.

WHY THE FUCK ARE WE REPOSTING THIS WHOLE THREAD AGAIN FROM LAST NIGHT

nonono don't remind me of that course in uni

But can DOOM run DOOM?

Computers in DF have been implemented in many different ways.

I'd say it's a mix between ruby, python and js. It's what you're doing with them that determines which one is slower.

Perl6 is slower

PHP

AT&T syntax is shit, but not near any inefficient

C#

ruby

Befunge.