There's no need to use photoshit when GIMP can do the same for free

there's no need to use photoshit when GIMP can do the same for free.

Attached: 2018-04-02-191403_1440x900_scrot.png (1440x900, 892K)

There's no need to use GIMP when you can pirate Photoshop.

You can also do the same for free by writing your own image editor and filters, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea.

except you need to buy it if you're working professionally.

>nonsensical binds
>garbage UI
>terrible menu layout
>everything is ugly
>barely has any tools
>the tools barely have any options and work strangely by default

yeah no I think I'll stick to my pirated CS6 running perfectly fine in WINE

Do you actually believe that

also, if you're working professionally with image editing, you definitely own photoshop and treat it like an investment anyway, considering how much better it is than GIMP, which no one sane uses professionally because the workflow is so incredibly GIMPed

>literally can do 99.9% of the same as photoshit by free
>but is an investment
yeah, like your subcription of BLACKED, good goys.

GIMP: photoshop decompiler frags taped together into a stolen sack of shit with saner defaults for MSPaint use

>mfw KVM Win10 with full passthrough
>can in fact use PhotoShop in Linux

yeah and a fiat punto can do 99.9% of the shit a supercar can do, doesn't make them in any way comparable

yo, just a PSA, CS6 actually runs pretty goddamn well in wine, if you ever need to do a bit of quick editing and can't be bothered starting your VM.

high five though, I've also got that there VM + passthrough for the adobe suite

Attached: ps.png (1496x836, 123K)

I use GIMP but Photoshop is easily the superior tool.

nigger im not gonna use some free as in communism clusterfuckui(tm) mspaint clone when i can get pirate ps. And if i need to use it pro il fucking buy it outright and not do the subscription.

Stop running proprietary software on GNU.

Attached: a.jpg (480x451, 59K)

I do not enjoy the flavour of foot fruits and thus do whatever the fuck I want

There is no need to pirate Photoshop, when you can use GIMP.

> thus do whatever the fuck I want
This is one of the freedom of GNU, but you are not supporting free software.

Draw me a circle in gimped

except if you want to actually edit an image, which GIMP sucks at.
Also creating a circle.

Does this even apply to pirated software? I thought stallman's rule was just don't use any software that you can't crack.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-02 20-54-44.png (1920x1080, 187K)

fucking hate that wilber in the top left corner

Krita is an art program, it doesn't even come close to Photoshop in terms of image manipulation.
I have no idea why some people use Photoshop for drawing though.

>not using Paint.net to create your memes

>6 different tools to transform a layer/selection
>those tools barely work in a sensible way
>default keyboard shortcuts are whack as fuck and a plethora of shit isn't even bound, have to spend time rebinding everything to make it usable
>lacking many basic industry standard tools

I need to actually get shit done properly and quickly, so yeah, I need photoshop

>not pirating a 15 year old version of paintshop pro

(woah holy shit I just googled it and paintshop is still alive and kicking)

>(woah holy shit I just googled it and paintshop is still alive and kicking)
You'd be surprised how many old Windows apps are still alive.

WinZip, Winamp, Copernic, mIRC, etc.

Attached: sheit.png (1440x900, 385K)

fucking high quality user

Attached: 7ATxfoA.jpg (2336x3504, 484K)

>two of them aren't even a circle
>the one that kind of looks like a circle has the line squished in places

Attached: die cicrle.png (1440x900, 82K)

Actually, there are 2 circles, and 2 elipses.

/gd/ hea. I can replace Illustrator with something like Gravit Designer, which is free as in propietary web application running on Linux. But Shitnux has no comparable variants for raster editing. And forget about integration between software.

Now that I'm neeting around due to health issues and switched to Linux as my daily driver, I'm still using Ps & Ai & Id in VMware when I have odd jobs because I'm not insane (arguably).

Attached: 1491314872223.jpg (640x853, 41K)

different tools to transform a layer/selection
>>those tools barely work in a sensible way
>>default keyboard shortcuts are whack as fuck and a plethora of shit isn't even bound, have to spend time rebinding everything to make it usable
>>lacking many basic industry standard tools
It is like saying, that Boeing 737 is difficult to fly, so many dials and toggles, I'd better drive a pickup with automatic.

I can edit in pirated Photoshop for like 5 minute.
But in GIMP, I need to google everything since the GUI is fucking shitty. And my editing progress for like 30 minutes. Thanks GIMP.

I've pirated GIMP, nice tool tho.

better make shit obtuse for no fucking reason instead of just making the tools sensible and intuitive to use right?

Honestly, GIMP has shitty GUI, as well, as GTK.
Cancers of GNU by the way

There's no need to use GIMP or Photoshop when Affinity Photo can do the same for $30.

Attached: Affinity_screen.jpg (1560x983, 531K)

>he doesn't have installed GIMP + GIMP plugin repository + GMIC + Mypaint + Krita + Inkscape + Blender + Agave that literally BTFO photoshit

LOL, plebians.

Attached: 2018-04-02-202325_1440x900_scrot.png (1440x900, 710K)

jesus christ if that's the level of quality you get out of all that shit I'd rather just go back to pen, paper and my scanner

>gimp

Attached: gimp.png (800x650, 70K)

OP btfo

Layer effects is available in GIMP 2.8.22

I cannot agree more.

>32 bit images
>color profiles
>raw file editing

this is all coming in 2.10 which is due out real soon, you can check out the release candidate now if you want

>it took gimp until may of 2017 to get one item on that list
lol gimp btfo forever

It is free, you can't complain, and it is free, so you can do the fucking feature. Do it, GNU is like a Lada, if you don't work on it - it doesn't work.

if you want them to go faster then donate, it takes time and $$ to develop software

Or just do it yourself, source code is available.

>lincuck SEETHING

Is it just me or does GIMP also have a problem with random crashes?

For some reason pirated Adobe Photoshop CC runs like a dream in comparison (at least on Winblows).

No software watermarks exist, in addition to this, addons have better support for the non-cloud pirated version, without subversive DRM that only serves to lock you to your internet connection, than they do to the actual real version of photoshop. I have over 200 plugins for photoshop pirated, the actual version that I also own crashes if I try to run this many at once. Also my photoshop only uses 200mb of ram usually, even though I have set it to use as much as 24gb of ram, just because it is a pirated version that doesn't need to run a big fat cloud service.

It has seriously become like EA's simcity, the game actually ran better as a pirate because the DRM had to connect to a fucking shit server that kept breaking down, while the pirate version was localized and fast. I do very much enjoy using Photoshop to an extent that not even the software engineers can achieve because they tried so hard to fill it to the brim with DRM shit.

Pirated photoshop runs better in wine on linux than gimp in linux natively

>paying for software

>feeding your family

>shit UI
>crashes all the time
>isn't industry standard
>brushes are shit
>isn't just a rubbish
>has less tools that are worse than in photoshop
>Implying that it isn't just a shitty photoshop clone for underages and plebs that aren't willing to spend money or time on a good software
fuck no

what's the best version of Photoshop to pirate? no botnet and works gr8 in wine

This is what pisses me off as a buycuck: the pirated versions of shit work better and are less of a gigantic pain in the ass to get working. As someone who's purchased the damn software, you're fucking punished with roadblocks and DRM, while the pirates pay nothing and get a far superior experience.

>paying people for their work

Attached: zlPSQQv.png (644x644, 531K)

it's truely disgraceful isn't it.

not only are people that pay for software stupid because they've volunteering to give away money when they don't need to. But they're encouraging people to develop software for money, rather than as a hobby.

These people are the absolute state of Jow Forums

Krita is awesome. If I was a hentai artist, I'd use it over the PaintTool SAI everyone else uses.

>dat blur
10/10

>spanish language
not surprising the shit editor is used by the shitskin beaner

I prefer Krita

you're retarded for even playing that trash game when cities skyline exist

>Don't use any software you can't crack
I'm sorry, are you 12 and just learned a few buzzwords from a youtube tutorial on how to torrent the sims?

Also for the future, so you don't appear like a complete fucking pleb. The whole RMS philosophy is that you should have access to the source code, so you wouldn't need to crack anything in the first place

Attached: LaughsInAnime.gif (160x198, 164K)

GIMP won't ever compare to the faeces of Photoshop

>there will be no need to use photoshit if GIMP will be able to do the same for free one day.

Krita's text tool is so, so bad.

This. Photoshop is superior.

No reason...
>draws an oval instead of a circle.
You can draw circles in gimp easily and I can do it in about 30 seconds, but your argument is invalidated the second you post that shit...

>30 seconds just to draw a circle in gimp

Attached: whores.png (449x401, 490K)

It doesn't even have the most basic features.
>layer styles
>smart objects
>non destructive editing
>adjustment layers
>advanced typesetting options
>a real shape tool (no, just making a selection isn't the same)
>different color spaces to rgb 8
Does it actually take 30 seconds to draw a circle?

SOPA

Or you could just use Photoshop.

sudo dnf install krita

yeah, but how do you get rid of that fucking adobe updater? it just sits there on the task bar calling home every few minutes

Yay for Krita, but it's for artists, not for photo editor which Photoshop is meant for.
Because it works fairly well for art. It might not be the main focus, but arguably PS is on the same level as Krita for art if not slightly better.

>It's free, so you can't complain
By that logic I can't complain about essential services like LetsEncrypt etc. fucking up because THEY'RE FREE.

If I were working professionally I wouldn't be using GIMP.

then make your own photoshop and stfu

GIMP doesn't have semen layering effects for me to shoop cum onto my oneitis' face.

Does GIMP can do advanced compositioning and photomanipulation?

Attached: advancedstuffthat-gd-do.jpg (500x500, 107K)

I sure hope that image is not an example of a "realistic composite".

How good Abobe suite tools are running in WINE?! you're using CS6 because CSS doens't work yet with wine? i really need to know this, especially Photoshop and Illustrator.

Attached: adobe-logo-red-290x487.png (91x158, 4K)

Thank you you’ve answered my question

firewall

Attached: 3Q7iXtQ.png (645x729, 51K)

Best method to get Adobe ... CCmaker? Or amtemu?

Also tried antu but the virus magiggers came back false positive BuT the .exe was acting VERY slow like right clicking on it to scan took like 14 secconds.. deleted the exe before using and am afraid to try again...

Photoshop CS6 works fine enough for small edits. it has some artifacting for me sometimes but changing zoom level fixes it and it's uncommon so that's kind of minor. the advanced GPU setting in performance settings seems to make it happen considerably less on my machine (???). I use CS6 because I don't have Photoshop CC readily pirated, and I just installed what I had, but I suspect it'd work less well for a whole ton of reasons, especially the much more advanced rendering engine, as well as the comparable difficulty in cracking it, if you're so inclined. Look at winehq application db for a list of the winetricks shit you will absolutely, 100% need installed for the installer to even work. I've also read that the 64 bit version doesn't work, because certain required winetricks verbs are only available in 32 bit, and my WINEPREFIX is 32 bit because I want Guilty Gear XXACR to work and I'm too lazy to set two prefixes up.

I haven't tried Illustrator CS6 yet, because, well, I only wanted Photoshop in WINE to do quick little edits when I can't be bothered opening my VM. if I'm doing anything in illustrator it's gonna probably take a few hours, so might as well use the VM.

if you're desperate for photoshop/illustrator on linux, install windows in a VM with PCI passthrough on a secondary GPU. have fun with that if you go that route. Hope that gave you some insight lad, good luck

>this thread
Proprietaryshits everywhere.

This user gets it.

what a shitfest! dualboot for the win!

>comparing photoshit with a car
the Jow Forums equivalent of food analogies and video games.

Thanks for reminding me to see if I can mod GIMP to be just like Photoshop (interface and convenience).

>have a program that gives you freedom
>spend time making it look like a prison

Photoshop has 3D tools and touchscreen support

checkmate atheists

why

actual /gd/ fag here
> lack of CMYK support
> lack of non-destructive editing support
> All the "paintbrushes" are defined in terms of scaling factors to a raster paintbrush
> Drawing with a big brush uses an inordinate amount of time even on fast computers and can cause the cursor to lag a significant amount, way more than an equivalent Photoshop instance.
> There's no way to apply any real modifiers to brushes
> Managing gradients is a pain in the dick.
> Practically none of the filters allow you to zoom in or out to see what the image will look like with the filter applied
> Practically none of the filters allow you to zoom in or out to see what the image will look like with the filter applied
> The lighting effects filter is either completely unintuitive or woefully underdeveloped.
> lack of addons
> UI looks like shit and is hard to navigate and get used to it

it probably still can't update fonts live as you add them to your system like PS can
miss me with that trash

>gtk file picker