You do have a way to manage your passwords user. R-right ?

You do have a way to manage your passwords user. R-right ?

Attached: horo.1ee94229778473b6fe533f79970f8ff4.jpg (600x400, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pwsafe.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gray matter.

Attached: 1517631541935.gif (304x429, 1.99M)

Absolutely!
pwsafe.org/

I have an encrypted file with all my passwords. I use GPG with a passphrase.
Never use twice the same password, unless if it's for websites that doesn't matter.

pass

KeepassXC is great.

>there are "computer savvy" people in 2018 who use the same 2-3 passwords for EVERYTHING and then use dictionary-crackable stuff for the few sites requiring legit passwords

Password managers + difficult/random passwords are the only "placebo" (aka not a placebo at all) that's truly worth falling for, tech-wise.

>dictionary-crackable stuff
>random passwords
Consider you have a passphrase of ~30 caracters. It's not random at all, it's a phrase that makes sense, like
> I really love chocolate cakes.
How secure it is ? Even if it makes sense, it probably can't be brute forced.

>You do have a way to manage your passwords user. R-right ?

Yeah, a textfile full of usernames and passwords for each online alias

Attached: C9HLe6XUIAEHzlL.jpg (400x400, 23K)

i can't forget my passwords because i am too smart

Attached: history.jpg (1000x1412, 320K)

>plaintext
Some malware from your browser can read the contents and upload it to wherever.

Right, these are burner accounts.

i have a photographic memory and don't trust third parties with my personal information so i just memorize the different passwords to my 57 or so online logins

Actually, I had an idea recently, it goes like this.

Each password is a hash value of a unique file, stored locally, process the correct file for the correct hash value when needed, copy, and paste.

your passwords are 'dictionary crackable' if they're based on things from your life like pet name, favorite show etc, right?

use ButterCup, it does not reveal websites and usernames in archive files in plain text

buttercup.pw

I just use the same password everywhere because I stopped caring when databases from very big companies were getting leaked daily. If someone wants my account they'll get it.

thoughts on password card for remembering passwords?

passwordcard.org

Use post-it and hide it.

>security through obscurity
Just use an open-source password manager.

Sure, the process could be automated.
But separating the actual data from the management program is my goal here, also harnessing my meme folder for security purposes.

buttercup is open source

Attached: pen & paper.jpg (260x194, 5K)

Just use the forgot password every time you login so you only have to remember your email password.

I use keepass.

i only have one password

Attached: 1522688966823.jpg (319x89, 4K)

Also anyone else unable to upload the gif version of OP's pic?

Yes, my brain.

Most my passwords are segments of code which makes it easy to remember, long, full of symbols, etc.

I keep a KeePass for other people's passwords that I have to use from time to time because i'm not remembering their random shit.

Yeah, I remember them.