Reminder that is outdated useless technology and you’ll be cringing at yourself in 3 years for making jokes about...

Reminder that is outdated useless technology and you’ll be cringing at yourself in 3 years for making jokes about Apple getting rid of them

Attached: AA11ECAC-64B3-4495-AE46-28167FFE0B40.jpg (3200x1680, 384K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=utfbE3_uAMA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not outdated if there's no replacement for it.

If there were two ports. One for charging and the other for headphones. Nobody would complain desu

Here's your options faggot:
>Use a shitty fat dongle and have your headphones sticking out of your phone's asshole
>Use shitty wireless headphones that fall out, die, and have horrible audio quality
>Get a phone with a headphone jack and enjoy yourself

We had that "feature" in 2005.
Bullshit. Even if you wouldn't need a dongle you'd be very limited in how you are able to put your phone in your pocket. Straight connectors would die from bending and angled connectors would die from torsion(a problem that doesn't exists with 3.5 because it can rotate). Dongles alleviate durability problems, but it's less convenient.

>squandering rf bands with crap that could easily be in a cable

Attached: kwe.jpg (751x731, 234K)

I'll say it's outdated once I see it being replaced in studios.
Heck, studios still use the even older quarter inch connectors.

Its not outdated yet, and when the time comes and a new medium is established enough in the market they will remove it.

While apple is as dumb removing the complete display from the phone because in near future you can connect the whole phone to your brain (but its shit).

>Absolute state of consumerists

Studios still use neve mixing desks from the 60s if they can get their hands on them.

Always pick industry standard over crapple.

The greatest studio engineering minds ( patrician) beat Tim Cook. Every time.

At first I thought it was a stupid decision. Apple did something stupid again and will suffer because of it. About that time my older phone died and I got an Mi A1 because it had a jack. I tried to remember when was the last time I used the jack but it was in vain. I couldn't remember. I didn't even use it on my old phone. I didn't even use Bluetooth headphones for that matter, so Apple's point that "people use Bluetooth instead" doesn't apply to me. So while I agree it was a stupid decision because a lot of people would've used it, I'm perfectly okay with this decision myself, but looking at threads like these it seems I'm in the minority here.

I've never used any sort of headphones for my phone, wired or wireless, so it's pretty irrelevant to me.

Regardless of Apple's decisions, I've been using BT headphones for over a year now just because I was tired of every single cable failing on me within 6 months, whether cheap or expensive. The path forward is to improve the protocol which is happening anyway.

There is no "replacement" using passthrough over usb c or lightning is no different. They still need to use a DAC. So i seriously don't get the space constraint. And there is nothing "better" about new standards.

ITT:
"""""Audiophiles""""" complaining about quality issues with wireless headphones or dongles, whilst fapping over 5 cents worth DAC in their low-mid tier (((((smartphone)))))

Yeah, USB2.0 Lightning port is useless technology.

Attached: this.jpg (640x960, 41K)

Never seen this in my country.

>actually retrofit the adapter inside the phone, add a jack, make a youtube video that pays for it in ad revenue and exposure
youtube.com/watch?v=utfbE3_uAMA

Man I'm SO GLAD people who are "smarter" get to make up my mind for me. If something is"dead" in your opinion, it's probably "dead" for anyone else too.
>path forward
>happening anyway

Attached: your opinion man.gif (270x152, 30K)

pretty self explanatory pajeet

look I'm not imposing my opinion on anybody, but the market has always been driven by demand, and judging by how manufacturers are responding, demand for wireless is exploding. The problem is that for the "real" high quality sound there are competing codecs like AAC, AptX HD and LDAC and very few devices support either one. But unless you're super autistic it really doesn't matter

Actually this makes sense. I'm not super autistic, but I am on the spectrum. The inherit security implications of everything going wireless is just as staggering as the IoT.

Attached: 1439895201759.png (571x540, 489K)

IMO security went out of the window with the Internet. If your private information is exposed to the web, your headphones and fridge are your least concern

it's easy, Apple data mined all its users and saw who use headphones jack. I would say the majority don't use it so it happened, they removed it. we aren't the one who decide anymore we're like babies

Yeah let's replace it with Bluetooth audio, which is outdated and inferior at the same time!

Attached: 1520995520878.jpg (654x643, 40K)

I still use this in live pro audio systems when live performers have custom music/backing tracks they need me to play for their act.

Last time almost everyone had to e-mail me those files because I couldn't plug in their phones to the mixer.

This has made me skip my update cycle, looks like I’ll be sticking with my 6s till the very end, why don’t you want my money apple?

I always assumed nobody gave a shit about them outside of California.

I use the jack almost every day

100% guarantee I'll be cringing harder at the notch meme they started.

What would it sound like if you plugged one of those into your line in?

Perhaps the initial commercialization of the net began that trend? I understand that networked appliances are low hanging fruit in the grand scheme of things. However, it's indicative of a much larger problem that will only get worse. Google hacking alone, can reveal pretty much anything, if the bad actor knows legit operator commands and how to utilize them.

Attached: 1526498_607742642632892_951784220_n.jpg (250x250, 18K)

shill much ?

I'm not much a fan of having two literal mini lithium bombs on my ears.

>Apple rationalizing a shit decision

Attached: want2believe.jpg (960x960, 35K)

This makes the most sense.

Attached: __marie_girls_und_panzer_drawn_by_gorua_youce01__f00b5cccb889e9222ffac2beaecaf514.jpg (750x1100, 158K)

small businesses that don't dodge taxes like them
your electrician probably has one but your mexican painters want cash

>youtube.com/watch?v=utfbE3_uAMA
This man is the most pathetic human that has ever walked on earth and if I was to meet him in person, I would punch his face as hard as I could.

This is ludicrous.

>all the bad in the world, all the poor, the wars
>he goes to china
>fucking country still killing innocent people for political reasons
>people are being exploited in the worst fucking way possible
>80work hours a day or you are not going to get paid...

>this little piece of hipster shit goes there to get a fucking headphone jack in his 1000 dollar applel instagrampicturetakephone which was previously available but removed on the new model because
>lol

i have lost my faith in humanity

>AA11ECAC-64B3-4495-
You're a retarded consumerist drone. Put your phone down and stop posting.

Nigga. The market is driven by demand but by differentiation. Not even better. It's just cunts throwing shit against a wall and selling what sticks.. With or without technology, everything we make, let's call it shit, we wallow in it. The human race revels in wallowing in the shit, that's what we do. We make shit and we wallow.

Same it's just too convenient, I stream my music in 320 from my server anyway so I don't give a shit if it's not lossless

Probably like a giraffe being slaughtered in Yugoslavia.

Attached: app.png (800x600, 110K)

>Yugoslavia
rip. Serbs were a mistake.

>Heck, studios still use the even older quarter inch connectors.
Because the connectors are less likely to move once pushed in.

What ever happened to the AirPods?

in 3 years i'll be hearing people continue to say what you're saying through my headphones which are plugged in with a 3.5mm jack because fuck battery-powered wireless headphones on a stationary system such as my desktop

all lost

Just because you don't use headphone jack doesn't mean everyone doesn't use it. I use it on my phone and tablet daily multiple times and having another thing to charge is just annoying and pointless.

Not to mention you can get good wired headphones for much cheaper than wireless ones.

Suburbs are the real offenders here.

Attached: tyftrdrestydy.jpg (369x134, 8K)

>not having to charge my headphones is outdated tech
>having better audio is outdated tech

>More durable than USB or lightning or whatever the fuck
>Capable of higher quality audio
>Available on everything since forever
>Doesn't need batteries
>Doesn't suffer from interference
>Doesn't drain your phone battery like bluetooth
Gee OP, I wonder why people still use this technology that's been around for a century. If it ain't broken don't fix it.

3.5 jack kill the jewtooth headphone

Fite me

you have to go pretty far back to get into "outdated, useless" with audio
i'm still using a soundcard i bought 15 years ago, and will only replace it once mobos stop coming with PCI slots

in 3 years i'll be on my Galaxy S3 with the latest kernel and a fresh $20 battery, while you'll be paying out the ass for your latest iDevices which won't even let you make calls without an additional hardware antenna (just $99) or take photos (that's $199)

Just put your phone upside down in your pocket, you retard. Nobody needs to read the screen when it's in your pocket, so just put it the way the wires work better. Also, it's better that way because you just tilt your arm downwards and put the phone into your pocket without further rotation, and taking it out is as simple as just grabbing it and pulling it upwards.
Besides that, you raise a point unrelated to what you responded to. Headphones jacks at the bottom of the device exist now, and the bottom-of-the-device position is not a new issue.

Less things to charge is always better.

Legitimately why do these things use the 3.5mm jack rather than USB?

Your story is true

Attached: kusa.jpg (1920x1080, 123K)

Scalability, Practicality, given the device requirements, off the top of my head.

did/does the iphone even support usb otg?

>without an additional hardware antenna (just $99) or take photos (that's $199)
and they'll all be usb, so you have to choose between headphones, camera, calling, and headphones

>epeen secure

yes lets all buy bluetooth headphones that i have to charge

brb charging my phone, watch and bluetooth headphones everynight gtfo 8$ panasonic k series wired headphones for life

Attached: fjkafdas.gif (758x480, 3.64M)

Attached: 1458799356442.gif (250x250, 1.95M)

>being this angry about a person going to another country

Attached: meme juice.jpg (531x531, 20K)

-ish.

it's like a father training a retarded baby and that's a good thing!

I dont even care about the environment that much. I dont even care about people that much. I dont even care for human rights that much. I dont care that much as in "I am not part of the leftist fucking greenpeace hipsters".

But he, he is the most idiotic non-caring person to ever walk on earth.

And the best thing: his fucking youtube video probably made him a target for talent searching technology companies that make money doing exactly that kind of shit.

yeah, I am not angry. I am fucking pissed.

what the fuck are these and why would you use one rather than a card

This

>apple haters gonna hate
>cringe
If you notice, you haven't made an argument as to why 3.5mm jacks are outdated. Not to mention how Bluetooth audio technology has progressed to such an extent all of a sudden. You have the floor, let's hear it.

>pro
>plugging a phone into a mixer
uh huh

>all the bad in the world, all the poor, the wars
>he goes to china
>fucking country still killing innocent people for political reasons
>people are being exploited in the worst fucking way possible
>80work hours a day or you are not going to get paid...
If you notice, this isn't his fault. But why would you care? You've gotten an epic shitposting rampage out of it and a deliberate and artifical way of making yourself infuriated.

If you have low blood pressure, take medication. Don't do this to your buddy. This amount of artificial stress can't be healthy, especially when it's so easily avoided.

You alone aren't the reason Apple has become "too big to fail". That's why you shouldn't be making weak generalizations like the one you've made.

Except people who have to replace all their working 3.5 equipment for little gain.

Tmydha, you've looked this through. Studios clearly want the lowest audio quality possible, not the highest. That's why the majority of the industry has adopted Bluetooth technology.

because it says something about consumerist idiots. and this makes me sad.

a company removes a feature that is a fucking standard and because of this some asshole goes to a fucking third world communist country to "redevelope" the standard back into the new product...

...when what he should have done was simply say "fuck you" to the company.

this is so fucking stupid, it is not even funny.
it is the same level of stupidity as buiding a fucking wall or allowing everybody the use of whatever pronoun the want. it is the end of the human spirit.

if mercedes was like "we dont like your round screws, you can buy a dongle that will make it possible to fit your tires to the car" when there is literally no reason to do so, would you go to china a create wheel suspension replacement for that car that would allow all tires to fit with standard screws? would you?

would you still do the same thing if you had to go to saudi arabia? (granted, there seems to be some kind of change)

which shithole country is enough?
which product is worth it?

why not simply say "fuck your company" and buy a chrysler or a volkswagen?

WHY IS ANY CONSUMER THAT FUCKING STUPID?

if you accept the removing of standards, it is somewhat fine, it is stupid but ok. if you dont need it. but tinkering around to get it back when superior stuff is available?

how fucking stupid?!

and the worst of all: he will not even die by causes of natural selection because we have technology to make him survive even the worst illness. i bet the people in china would freak out if they understood (but they dont, they are too stupid and uneducated)

/thread

Yes, China is very far from perfect, except economically. It's a matter of time their draconian laws are enforced, from what I've heard. I agree with you on the vanity of consumerism, arbitrarily removed standards, but take this elsewhere. Perhaps into a song.

i love the comment on jewtube
>Trully aweome and mega inspiring! Keep up the great work!

it does not end. please, dear great leader Kim, dear mr president Trump, use your nuke and end this madness.

Why are you sperging out so much? He's just disproving the notion that Apple couldn't fit a 3.5mm jack in the iPhone 7 by doing it himself.

he is a fucking modern bearded hipster that shits on his human dignity by doing that shit. he is one step back in the struggle of evolution to create better life forms.

nobody had to disprove apple, the market had already done that. there are plenty of thin phones with jack available. the consumer fucked up and he is the leader of non caring consumers.

Self caring consumers, since posting a video online equals.. Look at meh.

Havent watched the video coz fahgets everywhere anyway

Bluetooth audio still sounds like shit, even with APTX

Attached: 1521206139480.jpg (960x564, 51K)

Bluetooth is 100% not designed with audio streaming in mind.

I used to be one of the people that complained, but since then I got airpods (with my pixel 2 xl) and I can actually see why they did it.

just buy bluetooth headsets you fucking retards.
>muh quality

yeah

If you have use Bluetooth to send music to your car's head unit is the phone sending the file over to the head unit or is it using its own DAC to convert it to analog and then compressing that to send over to the head unit?

Attached: 1505266710360.png (1280x1280, 268K)

>sound lag phones are future

>carry dongle or buy new headphones (limited to thunderbolt or USB3 port)
>Use meme Bluetooth headphones that cost more, required to be charged and are heavier
Or
>Use headphones as normal with headphone jack

GTFO this board shill.

file > media player's codec decodes the audio > system sound mixer > bluetooth system codec compresses that > headunit (which then decompresses the BT audio and converts it to analog with it's own DAC)

That's kind of what I expected after recently testing bluetooth vs USB stick connected to my car's head unit and the music from USB sounding much better. Really seems like the most asinine way to do it.

bluetooth's only advantage is convenience, it's fine if you want to do a handsfree phonecall in your car, but there's better ways to play music

Yeah but why does it have to be that way. Why not just send the file over bluetooth? Does it not have enough bandwidth to do so in a reasonable amount of time? Why isn't wifi ad hoc networks with greater bandwidth a thing?

Those are magnetic strip readers so vendors can accept credit card payments wherever they go without the need for a dedicated base station tied into a phone line or wired internet.

Honestly this trend of making smartphones thinner is pissing me off. I miss the days of lugging around my old n95 because in the space it had we could fit some decent components without sacrificing anything port wise and with a few design tweaks we could bring it into 2018 without any hiccups but everyone wants anorexic phones now because the world is full of shit.

It's streaming it digitally, the DAC is in the car.