Question about qBittorrent

Forgive me, I know you are not tech support but please reply if you know the answer. I've been using this software for years and only now noticed that despite torrent being downoaded at 2-3mbp/s (for example), task manager shows that qBittorrent uses up to 50mbp/s of my network. How is this possible? Is this normal?

Attached: 56456.png (1200x1200, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1524
cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list.php?vendor_id=6117
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Depends on peer connections, upload speed, etc. Great torrent client, dont ditch it

not op but i cant use qb because i constantly get i/o errors when downloading stuff. are there any other modern alternatives that arent garbage?

yes its normal

Deluge

MB/s =/= mb/s

Transmission

Downloading what?
If, for example, it's music and you have a program scanning your music folder that program will use the files and qb will give I/O errors.

fix your hardware, retard

µTorrent 2.2.1
µTorrent 2.0.4
µTorrent 1.8.5
µTorrent 1.6.1

That's a comprehensive list of clients that don't suck.

You joking? Why not use GPL licensed bittorrent? Deluge is greatly recommended

thx just installed win95 too

3MB/s is only 24Mb/s

Deluge peers fine but it has no options and its default classic mode is fucking broken.

Dont get that slow ad filled pile of shit called utorrent

it can happen when i'm downloading anything. it gives me an error saying that its open, it can happen on rars even.

my hardware is fine, im coming from an older version of utorrent so i've been able to download stuff without any issues for a while now.

Probably your antivirus or sth if you are on windows.

i only have windows defender so there shouldnt be anything else messing with my folders. the only thing on my pc that can scan my foldes would be windows/microsoft related.

>uNigger still mad that he got kicked from every private tracker because of his insecure proprietary abadonware

uTorrent 1,x and 2.x have no ads and are some of the fastest, most stable, and best peering clients in existence.

3.x was banned because it went to shit when Bittorrent Inc. tried to monetize it. 2.2.1 and below are still going strong everywhere that matters.

2.2.1 probably still has an exploit but the guy who found it said it wasn't worth his time to test because nobody should be using outdated software like that

Imaginary exploits don't count.

utorrent whiners literally made him lock the thread

And this makes your imaginary exploits valid how?

lots of places are kicking 2.2.1 off, i used it for years but i have to change now. the only problem i have with it is that all the other clients suck except qb but it doesnt work on my computer.

Nobody is, and it would be death to any tracker that tried without a valid reason. uTorrent is just too good.

bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1524
Have fun on public trackers.
I can't wait for someone who gives a shit to exploit all 2.2.1 users.

Attached: file.png (924x188, 9K)

>uTorrent is just too good.
No, all utorrent 2.2.1 users have baby duck syndrome and cry like autists.
Animebytes banned it completely. OT banned it completely. All other trackers banned 3.X because it has a major exploit.
literally said it isn't worth this time to check 2.2.1

Post torrent stats, little LARPer.

OT has never allowed uT because it's run by a freetard. That's why it's also irrelevant compared to sukebei.
AB has been going down the shitter for 6 months now.

What the fuck kind of magic did they use to make utorrent so good and keep people using it when it's such a security risk now?
Why can't open source shitters just make a torrent program as good as it?

Unless I'm mistaken and utorrent became a household name and that's the only reason why it's still widely used. Like it's the McDonald's of torrent programs

>What the fuck kind of magic did they use to make utorrent so good
It wasn't programmed by a dev whose work is worth $0.

>Unless I'm mistaken and utorrent became a household name and that's the only reason why it's still widely used.
No, people are stuck in the stone ages because utorrent sold out and got infested with aids.
Literally the only reason people use it is because it's the last version before it turned to shit.
And years later it becomes a security issue. People have baby duck syndrome and everyone who was recommended that version over the years keeps perpetuating the meme.

>if I cry enough that makes it insecure!
No it doesn't.

utorrent 2.2.1 had a nice UI and was very easy to setup and customize. so many other newer clients look fucking terrible and take double the effort to do anything or just lack basic shit.

t. autist in tears about his torrent client but got lucky the hackerman didn't give a shit about 2.2.1

Why are you so buttblasted that nobody has found an exploit in pre 3.x uT in 12 years?

differently from some other torrent clients like utorrent, qbittorrent only reports the actual transfer speed rather than the total bandwidth used, however if you bring up the speed graph you should be able to see all the components such as the transfer speed and overhead, and the total bandwidth should correspond to the number reported in your task manager

That means my qbittorrent is doing something wrong?

>nobody has found an exploit in pre 3.x uT in 12 years?
Wrong.
cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list.php?vendor_id=6117
Just not 2.2.1.
It's only a matter of time.

Needing to put a DLL in the folder first doesn't count as an exploit, since your system is already fucking exploited if they have write access.

that shouldn't be the case, it's simply a different method of relaying the same information to the user

also you need to consider that qBit reports its speed in kibibytes (base 2) which means that the numbers it reports in its UI will be slightly lower that other application using kilobytes (base 10) and its multiples

>n-not a REAL exploit!
t. kuchikirukia (AKA utorrent defense force)

Attached: 1495753218736.png (951x462, 111K)

I know about ads post-2.2.1, and I wasn't sure if utorrent just simply hit all the right marks in terms of gui or what.
But unless utorrent was coded by John Carmack himself, how fucking hard is it to make a better torrent program?

Seriously, is it really just a gui thing? A babby's first torrent program nostalgia thing? Or is it coded in such a way that handles the torrenting protocols and algorithms and all that shit that only a $300k-a-year dev could craft?

It actually pisses me off. Just all of it. Why?

>But unless utorrent was coded by John Carmack himself
It was coded by Ludvig Strigeus, who wrote Spotify.