Why so many lines of code in a car...

Why so many lines of code in a car , windows vista only had 50M lines of code and Symbian a mobile OS had about 40M lines, something doesn't scale up here hell even android is about 10M lines why is software so increasingly bloated ?

Attached: thefuck.png (551x397, 152K)

9.5 million lines is just npm dependencies *badum tss*

>why is software so increasingly bloated ?
lol just buy a new computer poorfag

and download more RAM

That's a seriously good question, what the fuck are they doing in there? Even botnet telemetry can't take nearly as much so that's not an answer

Well that's os + media player + GPS + fuck knows what else, normies want the strangest stupidest shit in their cars now

Normies are basically addicted to stimulation.

I mean, I think I probably would be as well if I didn't purposely make my work computer a low-powered piece of shit with no speakers or anything but emacs.

car dashboard basically runs linux, thats like 20M lines of code just there

Aircraft are super fast, need quick bloat free software
Cars are status symbols made to attract normies so its filled with the latest gadgets and shit built on top of linux or something

I have no idea why the fuck these people want screens in their cars, its like they're actively trying to be distracted drivers by having beeping, flashing, animated things everywhere.

Funny comparison: The game Black and White is 2 million lines of code in total.

oh you
This.

Because it's cheaper to integrate multiple already available standalone packages into a single system than writing a single purpose program from scratch.

Basically, bloat.

>guys lets write minimalist code for this instead
>user installs freetard version on his car
Oops, we missed an edge case!

Attached: .jpg (1200x800, 140K)

Attached: codes.png (694x732, 44K)

>more lines of code is a good thing

Why are normalfags so dumb?

What are the best practices of reading big open source code that contains several millions lines of code?

>implying bloatware does not slow the reactivity of the car

Not reading it. If you haven't even read that part then its not your fucken problem - just don't touch it.

Writing minimal code has nothing to do with edge cases.

>going from millions of lines to whatever "minimal" means in this case
>some freetard vs hundreds of well paid guys who built the shit from the ground up
nobody implied what you think they did

Why does less lines of code mean you have to be a freetard?

afaik aircraft have more functionality implemented in hardware (fpgas and custom silicon probably) for safety, cars have a lot of microcontrollers that are actually programmed

the better the computers get the worse job the rogrammers get away with.

Every ecu has the base os, which makes up the majority of the lines + the "user" code. Since there are a lot of ecus in a car, the os-loc are multiplied. Thats why there are so many loc

>be some pr faggot, sitting at ford in his pr room
>open up statistics program
>'how is this car better than other cars, my dear statistics software?'
>'140% more lines of code than average competition product'
>proceeds writing article about it, unaware that majoriy of the code is some fucking radio codec or whatever

Copy and paste shit into it.
If it has something like Android Car then that's a few million lines of code.
Probably has support for being copy pasted into other vehicles as well, unlike a Raptor or 787 where the code is for THAT plane and probably THAT specific hardware, and isn't including the onboard entertainment for the 787.

Pretty sure it runs android and those retards counting kernel and jvm locs.

We've come full circle to where LoC is considered a performance metric again.

I just want to read all source code to understand how the software is written.
But I don't know where to start on big source code that contains +100k lines of code.

AP()8:3112:044:571:49