Google doesn't actually delete your files from Google Drive

>This is my Google Drive, which includes files I explicitly deleted including my résumé, my monthly budget, and all the code, files and websites I’ve ever made, and even my PGP private key, which I deleted, that I use to encrypt emails.

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/28/all-the-data-facebook-google-has-on-you-privacy

Attached: 1044.jpg (1044x626, 85K)

no shit
google versions your files

Dumb fucks

I mean, that's obvious shit. However I've been thinking about this. How much storage do these motherfuckers have if they store every single fucking thing?

What a revelation.

>uses winblows 10
>pretends to care about privacy

>uses winblows
>pretends to care about privacy

fixed

who the fuck puts his private key in google drive jesus christ

How shocking. Google keeps backups of everything you store. More news at 11.

Don't know about Google, but one Ohio AWS receives 2 trucks full of HDDs per day.

>files I explicitly deleted i
implicitly
try harder

delete it from recycle bin, brainlet

I have my doubts that AWS stores everything forever if you delete it, that's probably just because of the growth of S3, Glacier, EBS etc. mostly because it wouldn't sit well with their corporate clients.

Google would have to have a much greater amount of storage if they insist on keeping everything forever.

That's why the button is called "Remove" not "Delete"

Does it also save every version of the file?

It's a good thing. You can use Google to store your files for years without a need to store it on your own computer. After a few years you can download archive of your account if you need these files.

>my PGP private key
What kind of fucking moron stores their private key on cloud storage?! That shit is supposed to be onto one storage you physically have control of.

>all the code, files and websites I’ve ever made

This is why we have Git ffs. Just use GitHub or GitLabs if you can't run your own server to host a central Git instance

If they store everything, why do free accounts have a storage limit?

> How much storage do these motherfuckers have if they store every single fucking thing?
A lot. Haven't you seen how cheap storage is? 10TB are like $300 & 16TB drives exist too.

You can toss 60 of these into a 4u rackmount, plug in the boot/OS usb stick [or whatever they do], connect it to your storage cloud, and move on to the next 4u section while it just starts handling data.

>Google Drive
>PGP private key

Attached: 1504821964271.png (609x714, 99K)

me send files to google... google has my files? me not understand how this is possible

Attached: 1511651924457.png (621x702, 56K)

Oh yes, you make a perfect argument as to why delete shouldn't delete. I see the light now.
Moron.

>uploading your private key to anything
Good job retard.

>he thinks it's his files

Attached: 1492660062569.jpg (5000x5000, 1.76M)

Just checked this, when you "Remove" a file it is put in the Trash folder, where you can then "Delete forever".
He says he explicitly deleted them but wanna bet he didn't clear the Trash?

Anyway, I downloaded my Google data and there was fucking nothing in there except for Contacts that I explicitly sync, my Emails (of course) and Drive files, starred locations in Google maps and Youtube stuff (again explicitly kept on).

All this really is is a wake up call for people who use services without checking the settings. And yeah, you can argue that Google is saving all that data even if you turn it off, and they would be, but the real question is if they still link that data to your account in any way, which is unknown.

Greentexting random shit makes you look like a retard.

Dylan! You son of a bitch.

>windows
>complains about privacy
op is a confirmed retard

>actually using the quote feature for its intended use is retarded

Attached: 1505698039134.jpg (550x550, 51K)

>the file is 5.5GB big, which is roughly 3m Word documents.
There are people who relate data size to x amount of Word documents

Attached: 1513198612586.jpg (256x256, 20K)

this
I'm gonna use this to store all my shit forever

Are you retarded?

Enough if you are working with the NSA, CIA, FBI etc.

>If they store everything, why do free accounts have a storage limit?
>pay up goyim

Attached: caitlyn-you-son-of-a-bitch-14672250.png (500x522, 152K)