Why are all arguments against owning a mac so childish?

>b-but muh vidya games!!!
>b-but too expensive!!! (can't afford premium products because still lives with mommy and daddy)

Is there any reason for a grown man with a well paying job not to own an imac?

Attached: download.jpg (169x142, 4K)

>download.jpg
>that tiny resolution
good try 3/10

UI looks like absolute ass

yes, i'm not gay

I am under the impression that iMacs' hard drives don't last very long.

It seems that a lot of Apple lovers just shrug this off as something to be expected (for whatever reason), but I'm not sold on it. Most PCs (...I know) last at least 7 or so years; with iMac's, I'm seeing many people having to repair their computers after 3 years. I suspect it's similar with MacBooks.

I'd probably consider getting a 21.5" iMac with a Fusion Drive one day, or some future equivalent. But I'm not sure the durability/ longevity would impress me.

Maybe decent longevity conflicts with Apple's sales...

>why not give apple all those shekels that you can use to get something better?
fuck off faggot

Why would I want an iMac when a decent desktop build and a nice dual monitor setup suits my needs better?

I bet you don't own one yourself

They don't respect my freedom

>downloads tottalyfreehotnewgameforabsolutelyfree.lol.nojoke.completelyfree.notavirus.exe
>OMG WTF I GET VIRUS
>FUCKING M$!!!111
>goes out and buys a macbook
>max r SO secure and KEWL cuz apel doesnt allow me to do anything lol!!!11 no VIRUX xD

>downloads hottestnewjustinbieberxdrniggagangstashit.jpg.mpg.HOT.music.album.FREE.tar.apk
>OMG WTF MY PHONE GET VIRUS
>FUCKING ANDROD!!!11
>goes out and buys ishit
>PHEW im so glad apel treats me like a toddler and doesnt let me install or do anything, freedum is too dangerous xDD

>sees a linux CLI
>OMG WTF THIS COMPUTER IS BROKEN
>MOOOOOOM user BROKE HIS COMPUTER AND IS TOO EMBARRASSED TO ADMIT IT
>WE NEED TO GO TO BESTBUY AND GET IT FIXED
>Y CANT COMPUTERS JUS WORK
>MUH APEL MUH APEL MUH APEL

Why are the only arguments appletards ever have against linux/android/windows is their own technology illiteracy?
Why do appletard brainlets still delude themselves into thinking they will ever belong on a tech board?

well in 2020 owning a mac will be literally retarded when they switch to apple cpus they will start to suck at workstation tasks and when they drop support for intel macs in 2025 or some thing that will really suck

We currently have 3 threads like this. Report and hide.

Forgot pic.

Attached: macshills.jpg (4500x3000, 1.6M)

There's far more.

This is a new level of pajeet rage

windows doesn’t even have a real terminal lol windows baby

Jesus Christ what are the mods even doing.

I'd recommend one to a tech illiterate but I'd never personally use one since it just offers a diet linux experience with almost none of the benefits and all of the drawbacks

samefag

$2,000 Custom PC passmark Score: 1008
$4,000 Mac Pro passmark Score: 648

is an apple logo really worth fucking yourself

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-25_16-07-28.png (1002x193, 70K)

premium products are great, but I don't see anything but commodity panels, off the shelf chipsets, and contemporary web design.

>tty is desireable
the absolute state of Jow Forums

>Chad Laptop
>Apple users begin gay...

>doesn't want to buy products that aren't worth what they're made of
>means they can't afford it
Troll, retard, or both.

>Jow Forums is being raided again
Just report, sage and hide.

>can't afford premium products
>apple
>premium
kys

There is a difference between premium and overpriced. Sadly most apple products fall into the latter category

Attached: iMacProvsRealWorkstation.jpg (3300x4414, 1.36M)

>grown man with a well paying job
where do you think you are? you answered your own question.

>Is there any reason for a grown man with a well paying job not to own an imac?
How about they are all obsolete as of yesterday

Where are your arguments for owning one?

I feel like apple's going to shit. I like macos and all, but I'm getting more and more disgusted with the hardware.

my mac still works after 5 years of abuse
as long as you don't throw the shit around I see no reason for it to break

Yeah, no, I don't feel like giving money to people they don't deserve and apple certainly does not deserve such price.
Why pay more, when I can get the same product for less?

Port selection is awful. Dell's XPS line is a perfect MacBook killer for way less money. iMacs can't be upgraded like a proper desktop can.

The only real justification for a Mac is if you use platform-specific creative tools like Final Cut Pro, or you want better DPI scaling for hi-res screens.

>premium products
There's literally nothing premium about them, you jackass. You buy an iMac, you get a laptop stuffed in an oversized iPad shell mounted on a post.

Should I post it, because I'm already mad

You have to be 18 or older to post on this board.

>premium
>can't run most games
>can't be self serviced
>macos
>muh ecosystem
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The only thing premium about apple products is the price and """style""".
Everything else is bellow average quality.

So obvious rebuttal, why not have a machine that also games and costs less? why pay more for less?

No, there's no reason not to get a mac if you can afford it. Does everything I need it for and more. Dual-boot with Windows, and guess what, I can still play muh gaymes as long I turn the resolution down to 4k, which is still higher than most of you dweebs probably game at.

By mac, do you mean iMac?

>Is there any reason for a grown man with a well paying job not to own an imac?
If he doesn’t compile linux every day, or run several servers or do really intense rendering or (mostly) have an autism for getting the very last bits of performance with upgradability then no. Macs “just werk” and have more then enough performance even with trotting for normans and lots of professionals that do photo/video, some rendering and other stuff, only thing missing was VR and game performance (as making games) but iMac pro and to an eGpu’s solve this problem in a way, altho it’s fucking useless anyway since you need the very last bits of performance and you will be running windows anyway. But if you don’t need such form factor and performance is more important to you then iMacs are easily shat on by any assembled PC in both price and performance even with retarded GPU prices due to miners.

They're not even remotely as good or versatile as a PC you build yourself. Mac's and iPhones are for Apple cucked retards that are tech illetriate and have no idea what they're talking about. A PC is objectively superior in every way.

>Better value for your money
>Childish
Ok m8
It's not about the money, it's about the value you get
You can get a computer literally better than the best Mac available for cheaper + it can still run MacOS under hackintosh

>childish
Apple hardware is about form over function, hence 0.5mm thick shiny laptops that throttle performance so they dont overheat. They are just for looks. Thats why this thread exists isnt it?

Attached: 1507166618634.png (1234x1515, 2.08M)

I didn't really used to have any problem with Macs. My family's first computer was a Power Macintosh 7600/120 with the PC compatibility card (yes, you could run Windows "natively" on a Mac in 1996). I thought that computer had one of the best designs of any machine I've used before or since. I found the Jobs-era Macs were pretty capable machines that were easy to repair and upgrade, although that got harder in later years. Mac OS X was superior to Windows in most respects. You paid a bit more for the hardware, but it was not much more expensive to buy a unibody Macbooks compared to, say, a Thinkpad T400/T500.

Things started to go downhill near the end of Jobs' tenure when it was clear that he was not able to devote himself as much as he had previously. OS X Lion was a clear step down from Snow Leopard in terms of overall polish and usability; I remember there being a number of bugs which would have been absolutely unthinkable in earlier releases.

After Jobs died the Mac clearly took a back seat to Apple's iOS efforts. Machines got updated far less often, subsequent releases of Mac OS got buggier and slower, and meanwhile Mac users just felt like they were being left out to dry. Meanwhile, Microsoft was making real concerted efforts to step up their game. Windows 7 was huge improvement over everything that cam before; there is a reason why the "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" ads stopped shortly after its release. Windows 8 made some UI errors but largely moved the underlying OS in the right direction while OS X just stagnated. When Apple began updating its hardware, it began sealing and soldering off its computers just as it had been sealing off iPhones for years. So now, you're still paying a premium price but you're getting an experience inferior to what you could find on a less expensive Windows PC. Who wants that?

>I feel like apple's going to shit
tl;dr this

When will these shill threads stop?

Attached: 1505025790540.jpg (813x1402, 177K)

Because unless you fit into a very specific and tiny niche or are balls deep in the Apple ecosystem they suck ass.
>imac
AIOs are only useful for schools so people have less things to fuck with.
>macbook
Actually a joke, like a tablet with a shitty keyboard. Only slightly better than Apple's literal tablet with a shitty keyboard, until you remember the 480p webcam in 2018.
>macbook air
Dated as fuck with an awful screen, only sold because people are still buying it for some reason.
>macbook pro
Pro enough that they shill 5k displays, not pro enough to have RAM or ports.
>mac pro
Dead on arrival and left to rot. Trash can design was prophetic.
>imac pro
Like someone decided to fuse the imac and the trashcan together. Exists purely for businesses or rich schools to buy for the same purposes as a normal imac. Why would you ever want to gimp actual hardware by stuffing it in an AIO. Will be left to rot just like the mac pro.
>I forgot about the mac mini
>so did Apple

This is before bringing up their awful OS and solder/glue fetishism.

Attached: 1464817911465.jpg (610x457, 163K)

>man

I used to agree with you, but Apple killed their last-pseudo maintainable computer with the 2016 touchbar macbook.
>imac post all-in-one
all-in-one designs are for retards that can't maintain their old tech.
>macbook post-2015
shite keyboard, shit trackpad (lul forcetouch), literally can't replace keycaps without replacing the whole topcase.
>macbook air
Basically shitty macbook pros (see above)
>mac pro
trashcan is garbage, old mac pro was god-tier
>imac pro
See imac complaints, but even worse because all-in-ones and pro devices are two incompatible ideas.

Basically what said. I bought and am typing this from a $2k 2012 MBPr (and it's honestly going to likely last me another 6 years; the thing takes unreasonable amounts of abuse), but my next computer is almost definitely a Windows machine. Modern Windows machines have better displays, better keyboards, better trackpads, and replaceable innards. It's not even a contest at this point. The only + that Macs have are a better default supported OS than >Windows, but Apple's trying their hardest to screw it up with every revision. And GNU/Linux run circles around either of them anyways.

I have been using the same MacBook Pro for almost 7 years, still works like a dream. Only had to upgrade memory because 4gb was a mistake. Before it, I had an iBook G4 which also did good, although the whole Intel thing happened which shortened its lifetime.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 5.21.19 PM.png (1280x800, 1.44M)

I'm a grown man with a well-paying job. I run Windows on my gaming machine and Linux on my laptop. I have a Mac Pro tower at work (it's mine), but I only use it for media production. Mac is a waste of money for most purposes, but it's unbeatable for the few things it still exists for. If you like how Mac works, but you don't create media, there's no reason to restrict yourself to its constraining interface. Mac OS UI is almost identical to Deepin and a few other distros', and you'll have way more fun computing with Linux. Only reason to run Windows at this point is for office work and video games. Fuck Mac. Fuck Windows.

>chinese
Is it a botnet, or do they participate in code audits?

>Intel HD graphics

External keyboard caps lock lights don't work
Nonstandard keyboard layout
Command + x/c/v for cut/copy/paste instead of CTRL + x/c/v
Pressing delete in finder does nothing. Must use command + backspace to move to trash
Enter in finder renames file instead of opening it
Maximize button doesn't maximize
Clicking a programs icon in dock doesn't minimize/restore
Menu bar doesn't extend across multiple monitors. Must go to primary monitor to open menus for programs on secondary screen
No proper package manager
Finder has no option to show hidden files, must execute a terminal command and kill finder
No preview of program windows when hovering over the dock icons
Lol no ports. Lol just use a dongle
Filesystem isn't case sensitive
Glossy screen instead of matte. Not even the excuse of being a touchscreen

So far I haven't seen any proof that they're sending my Facebook statistics back to a Chinese server. If they are, they know my name, that I like to play pool, and that I sometimes stare at my ex-girlfriend's pictures for longer than my wife would be comfortable with if she knew.

When caps lock is on, holding shift doesn't allow typing lowercase characters

Attached: 1501757942911.webm (640x290, 2.43M)

>it's not a real terminal if it doesn't emulate a 1930s teletypewriter
K

It's the hottest (not necessarily fastest) components available constrained inside something that can be easily described as a giant tablet, aiming at a public that need all the CPU power they can get as they do video and audio editing.
When apple do a real, reliable and repairable computer, with a dual socket threadripper support, then we talk.

Powershell's commands are shit, and Cygwin is an imperfect emulator that keeps Microsoft's stupid file syntax.

imac is a joke. mb air was ok for its time...

Why would I use a mac for gaming when I already have a console?

>Powershell's commands are shit
Explain in a way that doesn't boil down to "I already know GNU and bash and I don't want to learn something new"

Apple is 4fag

Windows' filenames are unintuitive and UNIX has been the standard since the advent of modern computing (and Powershell provides no added functionality to justify).

Finally, while not directly related to Powershell specifically, Windows has far too many processes you can unironically not kill with any amount of permissions. I can't believe the number of times I've had to manually reboot Windows machines because it didn't understand that the file explorer had a memory leak.

This and also Windows is by design virtually incompatible with any other operating system but itself. POSIX-compliancy is a wonderful thing when you actually get to experience it.

>Steam

Also the idea of discarding plain text as a means of piping data between programs and replacing it with C# objects is a horrible one. Lets also remember that Windows can't even get plain text right - it uses UTF-16.

>why would I piss my pants when they're already filled with shit?