/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of whorology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for new people:
youtu.be/dU7iKNmQBIs

>Used watch guide:
pastebin.com/4cP1Tpri

>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

previous thread

Attached: 116200dial.jpg (640x640, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

toro.fun/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_141&product_id=2562
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Post watches set to current date and time

Attached: 9741B983-3EEC-447F-874B-7BF09E1AD655.jpg (4032x3024, 3.09M)

Thoughts on the montblanc heritage slim?
38mm wide with 5.8mm thickness.
Looking for a smallish watch to wear with suits. Not too dressy looking though.
Almost bought a nomos tangente but I just couldn't get over how ugly the lug was when I saw the watch in person.

Attached: mb.png (1500x1500, 982K)

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 3.53M)

Im not even trying to be a dick here but these watches have no horological value at all. Why do you even post in watch threads?

What does wt think of my G Shock. This is my only watch that has a moonphase complication. Classy!

Attached: 61m8qb9BcVS._UY395_.jpg (373x395, 21K)

I tried one of these one and really liked it but its a bit dear for what is offered.

If that's true, why does it have a red stripe on the winder?

Xth for
CASIO GANG CASIO GANG CASIO GANG

Attached: haute_horology.jpg (5575x3717, 3.99M)

How do you like my NOMOS collection?

Can you guys just make your own thread? I feel like you have more than enough activity to warrant it. This way we can avoid having half the threads filled with shitposting and arguing.

I love this watch.
Might get a replica of it as it's far too expensive for me to spend on a watch.
Will make a good beater.

Attached: JLC MAster DAte.jpg (1200x800, 115K)

Attached: Nomos.png (800x1639, 1.55M)

You would prefer just inane arguing about Rolex vs Grand Seiko?
What's wrong with my G Shock post??

My sister literally wants a gold A158/168. These are kinda fashionable now.

Make a Rolex thread yourself, this thread is for all watches.

In what way does the new technology of a solar powered watch that is synced to an atomic clock not have any horological value?

Horology is about about the science of timekeeping not only the science of 1800s mechanical technology. Advances in solar power and atomic clock sync to a wrist watch are of huge value .

The people here think 1970s shitters and Russian junk from the 80s are the height of horological achievement lol!

Not of fan of the numbers.

fuck off nerd

Attached: 1509601415623.jpg (640x853, 90K)

I literally fucking did

>gold casios and a gold invicta

either chav scum or a wigger to the highest degree

>Can you guys just make your own thread? I feel like you have more than enough activity to warrant it. This way we can avoid having half the threads filled with shitposting and arguing.
see you dummy, this thread is about horology not just old mechanical geartrain tech lol

Indeed they are, the trend is switching back to "fashionable" from cringy.
Next thing will be ana-digis.
I live in a place (country) where these trends land with a lag of 5 to 10 years.. Gonna be really popular with my Casio in the future.

Attached: casioaq230.jpg (1280x720, 319K)

WHY DO YOU COME HERE TO SHITPOST FUCK

>Casio gang represent

Attached: 882D9B37-BEBD-4AEF-9B49-6730066F783D.jpg (2401x2981, 1.34M)

This was set to the current date and time a couple hours ago when I took it.

Attached: LRM_EXPORT_20180403_094919.jpg (2393x2394, 2.48M)

I was referring to a japanese thread and then a normal thread

Stay classy, Invicta.

>/wt/ Watch Thread
>This thread is about the appreciation of whorology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.
Literally just the op pic is Rolex.

Try again with.

/rt/ Rolex Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of Rolexes, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine Rolex, Rolex, or other Rolex.

>Might get a replica of it

Attached: 1518548644597.gif (270x279, 1.98M)

normal people buy Japanese

I was actually pretty impressed at how reasonable most of the people in that discussion were. It's been a long time since /wt/ could argue about anything without immediately descending into an avalanche of shit posting and trolling.

would wear with my tux when partying
6th to bottom looks fucking great
are you in EOD? the heaviest watch i can actually have on my wrist is my citizen eco drive
>cloth band
why

What quality should I expect from this?

I'm kinda don't want to get a clone of a brand every normie knows but I LOVE the Air King

toro.fun/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_141&product_id=2562

Attached: m116900-0001.png (720x1100, 563K)

It is a NATO band, I have nine intch wrists and can’t use the Casio band

How likely are Soyko to replace the SARB033 and SARB017? Should I just hold fire for a couple of years or do I need to get in now before prices go through the roof? I'm in no rush if they'll come back with better movements.

You should be embarrassed for wanting the original of one of the ugliest and most tasteless designs in Rolex history, you should gas yourself for wanting a chinkshit fake of it.

What are you talking about this thread is 100% on topic and going well

Have you not been on /wt/ for the last 12 months? Every thread being 50%+ shitposts is normal now.

Other recent additions include a shitter silverwave penis quartz and this stop watch
Got all 4 together
No real reason, you can pick 1 dollar but some people might think it's junk otherwise
Yeah understandable. I kind of got lured by the chronometer rating but it's the rarer case variation that really pulled me in. Nearly all the ones on ebay/yahoo are the common 6000 cases which don't have the classic grammar of design look either

Attached: 20180326_215309.webm (1080x1920, 2.47M)

>come here 2 days ago
>Everyone else is talking about getting/owning clones

Attached: RolexAirKing-5.jpg (700x467, 58K)

It's beat up to heck, but charming. Would love to get the blue dial Monaco version too someday.

Attached: seiko 7016.jpg (1334x1000, 165K)

>Came here 2 days ago
>Thread was full of shitposters "bragging" about fakes

Seems we share very different perspectives here.

Are you windyknob?

The Milgauss it shares the case with is very highly regarded. IT will be a very good rep and as it's rare, people won't know the flaws compared with genuine.
I like it too.

>tfw waiting for my timer in the mail from Nippon

Attached: 7A07-0010-Stopwatch-eBay-Feb2015-1.jpg (1024x946, 177K)

What will you do with it? Just something cool to have lying around?
I found a Tag Heuer on on Craig's List locally which was like £50.

Attached: Tag Stopwatch.jpg (600x450, 28K)

They won't be coming back with better movements, they were discontinued because they had 6r15s at too low of a price compared to the rest of Seiko's offerings.

Was going to mount it to my dash but now that I think of it leaving it in my car to bake might be a bad idea. So yea probably will just sit on my desk. I plan to pick of either a mechanical Seiko timer or a Heuer timer some time as well.

If you think about it are we all not windyknob in some ways?

I'll take that as a yes.
How's the collection doing?

A question to all those that want a Gurando Seiko (rion):

How much of your like for the brand and its stuffs comes from being a weeb?
Does weebness play any part in it at all?

Attached: shamfurdishpray.jpg (758x783, 202K)

I see thanks, wouldn't be annoying but Seiko refuse to make 38mm watches at any other price point so there isn't really anything analogous to buy even at a higher price point.

r8

Attached: IMG_20180403_095410.jpg (2592x1944, 2.46M)

For me them being Japanese has nothing to do with anything. They make excellent quality watches, price them reasonably for what you get, and I like the grammar of design aesthetic. Really it's their weaponized autism I find most interesting about them, but there are German watchmakers out there that are also highly autistic, so I don't consider that trait specifically Japanese.

Pretty good I want a black out but they’re hard to get

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.09M)

I like the Spring Drive and how they look, if you can find me perfectly sweeping second watches the same price range I will be happy

I bought an SKX for the meme, but ended up loving it.

Could you explain what a normal thread would be, And what restrictions it would have?

Maybe we need our own /wt/ board.

Attached: Hamilton-Khaki-Interstellar-watches-16.jpg (860x1449, 132K)

>Khaki
>it's black

Attached: IMG_20180403_192209__01.jpg (3456x3903, 3.54M)

>have skinny bitch wrists
>trying to decide on the grail watch I want to get after graduating
>36mm Rolex DJ or a GS
>Rolex will probably fit better on my wrist, better resale values (?)
>GS has better movements and finishing, bit too large for me at 40mm+ for most models

Attached: 9d5.png (2688x2688, 173K)

>getting a graduation watch
>caring about resale
user...

Thinking of getting pic related as a first radio controlled, whatcha think?

Attached: image.jpg (800x800, 295K)

Stopwatches are fun. Hoping to pick up a slava 36000 rattrapante soon.

Attached: 1495161060967 (1).webm (644x794, 2.86M)

How much was this Poljot?
From where did you get it?

The 36mm DJ is very nice, I would not hesitate to buy one instead of a GS.

I also wouldn't say that GS has better movements. Both make excellent movements with differing strengths and weaknesses.

looks like a fashion watch desu

35£. From some britbong on eBay.

Why are you wearing your watch on your hand?

Also, do you even lift?

Is that really 48mm or does that include the crown?

Mine is hanging by its original cord in the kitchen right now, so far I'm using it for steaks and poaching eggs. I picked it up for 31 euros including fees so even if that's all the use I get out of it it's definitely worth it

Why is your underage gf always wearing the same ratty pants? Does she not have a job?

Attached: B5047808BF13432CBD116676E1694FB3.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

Normal discussion where all watches are judged based on their own merit ignoring brands. Basically a thread with no fanboys or shitposters

That's a sick deal right there, considering the condition.
Where you the only bidder?

That’s clearly a dress user

Also

>letting your loli have a job

While you’re at it could you start a computer hardware or operating system thread like that?

It was put out for 40£ or 44£ iirc. There was no movement picture. I asked for a picture of the movement and when he put it up and I saw it's the original 2209, I made an offer to which he agreed.
It has a little bit of case damage to the underside/sides and as you can see the lower right lug is also damaged but the spring bar sits in it securely so it's not a problem.

a wot
>implying making a new thread will fix the problem

Great deal, the dial looks fucking wonderful, makes up for the damage on the case easily.

Favre leuba 253 parts movement arrived. I'm pretty sure at this point the first king Seiko has this beat for first production balance bridge wristwatch but will disassemble this regardless to see exactly how much of a balance bridge it is. My guess at this point is maybe there's some kind of pin on the non-screw side adding some stability.

Attached: 20180403_135127-2133x2082.jpg (2133x2082, 679K)

No good pictures yet.

Attached: 20180403_135455-788x1265.jpg (788x1265, 188K)

Do shit posters get banned or anything? They're fucking rife.

Attached: 1508511150262.jpg (2383x2366, 956K)

Yeah they get banned, most people here just stay on topic and post about watches they like tho

It's just that some people here get salty about anyone posting a watch they don't like and define that as "shitposting"

Odd keyless work. Does the crown ratchet when you turn it backwards in the winding position? Sometimes with these rocking keyless work designs the crown rotates freely with no resistance when wound backwards.

Attached: intredasting.jpg (685x567, 96K)

Holy shit is this real? is windyknob a grill??

What if I want to trade up?

Hopefully by the time I graduate in a few years the entire 36mm DJ line would have been refreshed with the new movement.

The only downside with a Rolex is it just feels a bit too common, at least with a GS a keen eye will spot it and know that you understand watches.

Could you seiko shitposters please leave? Nobody cares about your blocky soyko shit chrono, post fucking real watches and stop shitposting fuck every other post here is a shitpost metatroll now

>Not caring about resale value not matter what watch you get
>Being a responsible adult
Pick one.

Seems like a good time to post my Giugiaro

Attached: SCED039_g.jpg (1550x1377, 1.19M)

Can you get banned for being mean about my edgy watch?
I'm upset now and I need another soy latte.

Attached: IMG_20170624_122232.jpg (3000x4000, 2.15M)

try harder :^)

Just trying to point out that you post that chrono a lot and some people would consider you a soy shitposter, one man's watch pic is another man's shitpost.

It's stupid to call anyone who is posting a watch they own/like in /wt/ a shitposter

I'm talking to you. I'm only attaching that pic for funzies.
What a prick.

Attached: Rep Spectre.jpg (1208x808, 105K)

The stem doesn't currently have a crown. A few cursory attempts to turn the street resulted in no success, though I'll try harder once I get down to trying in earnest. There is currently no torque in the gear train so I assume the mainspring is currently depleted. But it was sold for parts so not sure.

what's with the /wt/ stigma against seiko and chronos?

>It's stupid to call anyone who is posting a watch they own/like in /wt/ a shitposter

Attached: windyknob.png (2000x2000, 3.1M)

Posting soyko for funzies is shitposting

ironic shitposting is still shitposting

I'd consider windyknob more of an artist than a shitposter.

Attached: archie_poster.jpg (200x150, 8K)