Im learning Linux any suggestions what Linux distro i should use

im learning Linux any suggestions what Linux distro i should use

Attached: learning linux.jpg (474x450, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/
cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20180402.iso
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

any.

this

also ubuntu or manjaro good for starters

install gentoo

OpenSUSE

anything but this

please dude, just install that Ubuntu terminal thing on windows 10. Full linux is bad, everyone here is fucking delusional.

wait for ubuntu 18.04 lts

i started on debian then moved onto fedora, then centos, then gentoo.
after all that, things are pretty easy, especially *bsd
ignore this middle schooler
get everyone here is truly into technology. if the only distro you've ever used is emulated ubuntu because you don't have the balls to install it on an actual machine, you need to not post here and go back to fucking reddit.

>everyone here is """"truly"""" into tech
>judges whether or not you're legit based on if you're stupid (>HAZ BALLS LOL) enough to install a shitty OS on bare metal.

peak retardation.

Depends on how much time and effort you want to put into it.

>low time / effort
Any Ubuntu variation. Easy to set up and you will be able to work immediately. You can play around with the filesystem, look for interesting programs etc.

The downside is that everything is so streamlined, you will hardly learn anything.

>high time / effort
Install Arch Linux. Yes, I'm not being ironic. Arch Linux was the second distro I tried after Ubuntu and I don't regret it even a little bit. The install process will be tedious and downright impossible without a step by step guide. The massive advantage though is that you will HAVE to follow a guide and through that you'll basically build up your system from the ground. You'll learn to use many important tools like mkfs., gdisk for managing your hard drives, importing packages, configuring the system settings etc.
You will make mistakes and be frustrated when something doesn't work. But that leads to repetition and through that you'll get a lot of self confidence and knowledge very fast.

From there you will be able to set up your system like you want to. You start on a command line and are able to choose between many Window Managers, Desktop Environments, Programs (Browsers, File Managers, etc.) and everything else that is available on the repositories. You will have full control and information about what's going on on your computer.

If you want to learn a lot and are not afraid of reading then check out the wiki (especially the FAQ section):
wiki.archlinux.org/

Another big advantage is that Arch Linux (and most of its forks) are very well documented. I haven't encountered a single problem that hasn't been mentioned in the Wiki or Forum yet.

Attached: snailisokay.png (752x588, 375K)

everyone who mains lignux on here has mained windows in the past, but now use lignux. ignorance doesn't help your skills.

Oh, but I definitely recommend to try it in a VM or dedicated laptop first. That way you can use your standard OS to look up information and won't fuck up everything when you make a mistake.

Also I don't recommend dual booting (installing Windows and Linux simultaneously on the same hard drive) for your first time. It has its own set of difficulties and will only distract you from actually learning about Linux based systems.

what the fuck are you talking about?
you can still learn linux through emulation, without all the cons of installing it fully.

KDE neon

zorin
ubuntu gnome lts
kde neon

Sounds quite fun, will try this

linux from scratch

They said that they were learning.
Not at what level they are.

>without all the cons of installing it fully
name a single con

cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20180402.iso

Attached: 2018-04-01-152033_1360x768_scrot.png (1360x768, 181K)