Dear newspaper editor, I'd just like to interject for a moment

Dear newspaper editor, I'd just like to interject for a moment...

Attached: Screenshot 2018-04-03 at 20.03.48.png (1312x241, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/profile/stallman-richard
gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#Google
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How did they have the guts to do that

What do you mean? It's correct after all.

Nigga pls

systemd > linux > GNU

Attached: 1494263898786.png (717x642, 109K)

nice link you got there

Dude, do you even Google?

theguardian.com/profile/stallman-richard

Soon...

Attached: ackshually.png (900x839, 124K)

>G*ogle
I'd like to interject for a moment
gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#Google
>Please avoid using the term “google” as a verb, meaning to search for something on the internet. “Google” is just the name of one particular search engine among others. We suggest to use the term “search the web” or (in some contexts) just “search”.

The kernel is not the OS. We don't call Windows 'NT'

I do.

>advocate for freedom
>try speech policing everyone who wants to hear it or not

he should just talk about how proprietary software is malicious and stop this linguistic autism desu

Huh, where's the issue?

Attached: enhance enhance enhance.png (648x264, 43K)

do you call windows explorer.exe + windows NT + regedit?
This GNU/Linux things is because Stallman is butthurt and FSF doesn't get as much attention as linux and because he failed with hurd. ;^)

I can call my OS whatever the fuck I want. It's free as in freedom.

It's hardly speech policing when they ask you politely, they said please.

I'm using Linux with no fucking GNU components whatsoever. Would you like me to call it gahnoo?

GNU is a shitty name, recursive acronyms not smart and Richard Stallman should wash his feet and write some kernel code.

Attached: 68.png (512x384, 195K)

Well, you're not even wrong

Openrc senpai

Lost

sysvinit or fuck off m80

Nixt your gonna recommend upstart you shuttlecock-gobbling badminton playa

Linux/Systemd?

Systemd/GNU/Linux

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Windows, is in fact, Windows/NT, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Windows plus NT. NT is not an operating system unto itself, but bought it in 90's and it is a component of a fully functioning Windows system made useful by the GNU WinAPI, shell utilities and registry a full OS.
Many computer users run a modified version of the Windows system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Windows which is widely used today is often called “NT”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Windos system, developed by the Microsoft. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
NT is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. NT is normally used in combination with the Windows operating system: the whole system is basically Windows with NT added, or Windows NT. All the so-called “NT” distributions are really distributions of Windows.

Attached: re.jpg (220x293, 18K)

SystemD+GNU/Linux

No u