Question: How long would it take for a person to complete all of the following courses...

Question: How long would it take for a person to complete all of the following courses, studying at roughly 10 hours a day?
>github.com/ossu/computer-science

If you do the math, the total time required by the max estimate equals out to be 199 days and 3 hours of study, assuming you don't sleep or have a life.

Can this be done faster? Can you "Catch Me If You Can" this shit and absorb most of it in under three months?

Attached: cmiyc.png (500x550, 450K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8dPuuaLjXtNlUrzyH5r6jN9ulIgZBpdo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>10 hours a day
grats on the burnout
also
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8dPuuaLjXtNlUrzyH5r6jN9ulIgZBpdo

All the exact time estimates are LITERALLY posted on that page.

Clue Flash: if you can't build a simpleton spreadsheet, you're fukt in spades. Get a job at McD's. If you're qualified.

>All the exact time estimates are LITERALLY posted on that page.

See:
>If you do the math, the total time required by the max estimate equals out to be 199 days and 3 hours of study

Question being:
>Can this be done faster?

I suppose I should have found the minimum estimate and posted it here, but I was more curious about the max estimate when I ran the numbers.

The question really comes down to, what percent can I safely subtract from the minimum total estimate time to completion? Looking for a rough figure here to help me estimate the time required to complete this pet project.

Attached: 1487328396896.jpg (241x209, 10K)

Okay, so the min-max estimates look like this:
>Intro to CS: 255-375 hours
>Core CS: 1294-1779 hours
>Advanced CS: 1707-2625 hours
>Totals: 3256-4779 hours

How much time can I realistically do all this shit in?

Attached: 1517465724053.png (489x423, 10K)

You cannot study 10 hours daily. After you get tired you stop learning / memorizing new information that's why classes are usually 2 hours long top.

What if I'm gifted?

Attached: 1507108570996.jpg (472x461, 31K)

Do you know how to learn?
Do you have a system to learn effectively?
Do you know how to get things done?
Can you "speed-read"?
Can you watch videos at 1.25x or even 1.5x the speed?
Are you able to create quizzes for yourself, that test your understanding of the material?
Are you disciplined enough to be self-taught?

If not, then I suggest you start there. Yes, it's always possible to cut down estimated times, but it depends greatly and how you approach the whole thing.

Also, studying +10h a day is a waste of time. The human brain can only do so much deep work a day ("geniuses" can get about 4h done max!).
If however you got your system, then you can get a lot of things done quickly in a shorter amount of time.

Things I suggest you look into:
-Learning how to learn course
-Cal Newport books: How to become a Staight A Student and Deep Work
-David Allan Book: Getting Things done.

>Do you know how to learn?
I think, therefore I can?
>Do you have a system to learn effectively?
Coffee and unlimited money for things like more LCD screens and GPUs, maybe an Adderall prescription, but not lecturers, tutors, or schools (I have you guys for this).
>Do you know how to get things done?
Not really.
>Can you "speed-read"?
No. I tend to actually read pretty slowly when processing new information, but I retain it really well.
>Can you watch videos at 1.25x or even 1.5x the speed?
This I can do. Most of my videos play in 1.25 but I can do 1.5 no problem. Get bored at regular speed.
>Are you able to create quizzes for yourself, that test your understanding of the material?
I have a few projects in mind.
>Are you disciplined enough to be self-taught?
Yes... Maybe. I mean, I have goals and I'm tired of procrastinating.

Attached: 1486824100778.png (489x423, 23K)

That course stuff is pretty cool

if you were gifted you wouldn't be in this situation to begin with

>Can this be done faster? Can you "Catch Me If You Can" this shit and absorb most of it in under three months?

no. you have limited "daily buffer" and sleep reinforces your daily learning. learning less each day over a longer period of time is the best for long term retention and concept scaffolding

i despise this post

Attached: 1516418738104.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

You?

Is give you about 10 hours until you give up and go back to playing PUBG for 12 hours a day.

>GPUs

Gotta learn fast

Attached: IMG_2440.jpg (870x870, 59K)

>199 days to finish what is effectively a low-grade Masters degree in CS
Sounds about right.

You're asking the equivalent of "How do I become a master mathematician/engineer/chemist without spending the time". This is an ENTIRE FIELD you're trying to cram into your skull, it's going to take a shitload of time and dedication. If you want to be a code monkey and get paid $25k a year to feel like an idiot all day every day at work because you write shit that sometimes works but you have no fucking idea why, go ahead and join a code bootcamp.

You want an easy way out. This is not an easy field if you want to be successful. Go learn plumbing.

AP()5:163:324:297:01

bullshit

>"geniuses" can get about 4h done max!
bullshit

I've personally sustained 12+ hours of study a day for 4 weeks leading up to a qualification for financial services and passed with flying colours.

I know many people better than me.

>bullshit
>>Are you disciplined enough to be self-taught?
>Yes... Maybe. I mean, I have goals and I'm tired of procrastinating.
adorable
have fun failing for the Nth time by not pacing yourself.

>>bullshit
lol, rly? maybe it's true what they say about millennials

Are you one?
Because you certainly seem to have teenager-tier delusion going on.

>asking dumb question
>open source CS course
>frogposter
>browsing Jow Forums
You're gifted alright. If were a hardcore nerd that can spend 10 hours studying non stop without losing concentration every day you wouldn't be here fucking around, you'd be in a top university.

>delusion
what's the delusion? you don't believe I studied more than 12 hours a day for 4 weeks? is that really incomprehensible to you?

lmfao

Then what are you doing here arguing about petty shit. Go and explore your options, you were already given answer here. I highly doubt if you're capable you would show off your false superiority before doing anything worthwhile, but so far that's all we have here in this thread

>I know many people better than me.
So do we

>I highly doubt if you're capable you would show off your false superiority before doing anything worthwhile, but so far that's all we have here in this thread
maybe you're just so far down the socio-economic ladder you've never met anyone like me before, which is kinda sad

this was what I would have expected, but apparently that other idiot doesn't

>You want an easy way out.

Absolutely. Where there's a will there's a way. Anyways, most of you claim that this course can only be studied 2 hours a day, at 3256 hours, the low end estimate, that's 1628 days, or four and a half years. That's bullshit and you know it, considering we're skipping all of the left wing indoctrination courses that universities force feed their students.

There must be a way to absorb this shit in under a year. It's all there, in front of you, there is no commute, there are no financial barriers, it's just there for the taking.