How do you listen to music on the go? What device do you use? What IEM or headphone do you use...

How do you listen to music on the go? What device do you use? What IEM or headphone do you use? Is a DAC really necessary? Do you like controls on your IEM or headphone?

Attached: Android_Phone.jpg (840x394, 43K)

iPhone 7 Plus + AirPods

y does he do it

Attached: 547846120FC.jpg (345x370, 32K)

DonglePhone X -> dongle hub -> dongle -> earbuds.

tons of people use them at my college, have had them for a year and they're nice

my galaxy s8 with droidsound-e and either use my monoprice earbuds or AKG earbuds that came with the phone. they sound identical in sound quality

Audio technica ATH-IM02 with custom molds, maximum volume reduced by half in kernel adiutor because the IEMs are too sensitive. USB OTG DACs make it WORSE, too powerful and noisy.

>LG V20 using it's Hi-Fi quad DAC
>Skull candy Crusher wired headphones with intern amp.

It works.

S8 headphone jack with M50x headphones. I get music from my Plex server if I have signal, or a few albums locally with the Samsung Music app.

>M50x
you have to go back, rebbitor

Are DACS a meme?

sansa clip+ flashed with custom rockbox, 64 gb class 10 microsd, all flac level 5, rock zircon iems or koss porta pros

>horticulturist
>Samsung Galaxy mini 2 with 32GB microSD + samsung earphones
>metokur_archive.m4a + music everyday
life is good

Attached: A1aSWA8013AQd-gKKXVa_1082129476.jpg (721x562, 83K)

Honestly haven't used an audio jack for years. I use bluetooth headphones when outdoors and a USB headset at home. I don't see much of a point outside of budget territory or audiophile shit when it loses out in both the convenience and features fronts.

I'm waiting for a PXC 550 revision with BT5 and USB-C to consolidate both my headphones into one better pair as well, although I do feel a bit nervous about blowing $450 on headphones.

Mee audio m6 pro with the Bluetooth adapter on my iPhone 8. I regret getting the iPhone so much how do I escape this hell? Seriously considering saving up my paychecks to pay off the rest of the bill and buying a v30

DACs are super-inconvenient on the go (even the tiny ones like Fireflys), not to mention they're pricy and easy to lose. If you're a frequent traveller, your goal should be to carry as little as possible. unironically has the right idea, but you can probably replace the AirPods with something like a pair of V6s if you want a bare minimum of enjoyability.
If you're travelling via plane or train, the background noise is going to leak through enough that all the fidelity in the world isn't going to save you.

Or you know get some isolating fucking headphones. And having your headphones discharged/wasting phone's battery on bluetooth is not something you'd want on the go.

Active noise cancellation headphones have trash sound, and the whole concept of active noise cancellation is somewhat of an anathema to high quality sound. Passive noise isolation still generally will leak sound as well, even if you're using a vice to keep them on your head.

And I thought the poster I was replying to was talking about the stupid earbuds that come with your iPhone (I don't pay attention to Apple's marketing jargon). BT headphones absolutely suck because they drain your battery and they're easy to lose. But something like Apple's $10 earbuds are unironically not a bad idea. Leave hifi for the house.

Hifiman supermini, either packaged earbuds (kinda crap) or my sennhauser hd something headset.

I fell for hi-res audio and it's ok

>How do you listen to music on the go?
With my phone. Google Play Music.
>What device do you use?
iPhone 8 Plus
>What IEM or headphone do you use?
Westone UM Pro 30s plugged into a dongle. (I use them for other things like work, I'm not retarded.)
>Is a DAC really necessary?
External? Absolutely not.
Internal? Eh...it depends, I suppose.
>Do you like controls on your IEM or headphone?
Yes. It's nice to press a button on the wire instead of having to get the phone out and fiddle with it.

>isolating
>noise cancellation

>not reading my whole post
I also talked about passive noise isolation, but I wanted to make sure I covered all my bases.

HBQ i8 (chink AirPods) with my Google Pixel

Fiio X1 1st gen + Takstar 2050

I don't own a good separate pmp so I just use Spotify for it's convenience.
>What device do you use?
Galaxy S8
>What IEM or headphone do you use?
KZ ZS6s regularily, but I take along the KZ ZS5s to the gym or if I don't want wear to the 6s.
>Is a DAC really necessary?
Not necessarily, it helps a whole lot if you're into professional sound, but since we're talking with a phone, or with on the go use, I'd have to say no.
>Do you like controls on your IEM or headphone?
Not really, it's just another added weight to the cable. I use a Gear S2 smartwatch so I can just use the music control from there if I want to change volume or tracks.

Attached: 8977300-4.jpg (960x520, 60K)

HTC M8, SE215

I have a Sandisk MP3 player from 2007. It isn't plugged into headphones at all, just one of those fake-cassette-tape adapters in my car.

I don't think I've ever played music on a phone.

AirPods work fine for me at my college, comfy and last long enough

What is a DAC

what's IEM, wtf is DAC?
i just plug the headphones on my phone and listen to something on spotify or youtube while riding the bus
never knew i needed so many stuff to "enjoy" music

LG V20 + NuForce IEM's. Quad DAC on the phone gives some pretty damn sexy audio. It's not nearly audiophile grade but it's far better than anything else I can bring on the go.

>Phone or cheap Benjie chink PMP (Rockboxed)
>Spotify + MP3s on phone, FLACs on the PMP.
>Headroom MS16 or Rock Zircon as my earphones. I don't want expensive shit I could inevitably break or lose for on the go. My expensive headphones stay in my basement. You fags should really check AudioBudget's site for actual non-shill chink earphone recs.
>DACs are stupid and excessive for on the go. It makes you look like an autist when you pull it out. Whatever sound improvement is canceled out by the fact that you will be listening to them in noisy environments.
>Controls are fine. Just need mic, vol up and down.

Didn't mean to greentext. I hate phoneposting.

lgg3 w/ shure se215
listen to subsonic or spotify

in my car, with my lg V20 headphone out
>is a DAC really necessary?
at some point in the chain yes, yes it is
>do you like controls on your IEM or headphone
no, I prefer them on the cable

They're fine for a college campus; they're a pain if you travel frequently.
IEM=In-Ear-Monitor
DAC=Digital-Audio Converter

IEMs are just fancytalk for earbuds with the silicon tips. Usually they mean more powerful and advanced drivers, though.

DACs basically turn the electrical signals on your phone/computer into soundwaves. There's a default one in your laptop/phone, but it's generally a cheap $5 piece (unless it's a notable exception like LG V20). A good DAC doesn't sound like anything, a bad DAC introduces noise and jitter.

S8/X1 to se215

Thanks for the explanation. So if we want flawless audio without resorting to apps like Viper4Android, it's better to have a "DAC" nearby?

>So if we want flawless audio without resorting to apps like Viper4Android
V4A is a software solution that tries to mitigate a hardware problem, and while it works for many devices it's nowhere near perfect and you'll still experience poor quality audio depending on:
source quality - shit in, shit out
EM shielding (this is normally a meme, but not for phones which have very active RF transmissions and not a lot of space)
the thing making sound - if that's shit then why bother?
when people say "DAC" here they typically mean an external, not built-in, DAC. Get one or don't, but it's more convenient to buy a phone with a decent built-in chip. If you do get one, it will likely be a combo DAC/amp meant to portably power high impedance (and therefore low noise) headphones

Hi, I use an oppo ha2se with my phone and a pair of campfire audio Andromeda. It gets the job done but it doesn't sound as good as real headphones.

Attached: andro.jpg (1903x2537, 909K)

I use an iPod Video with Sony MDR-XB700 headphones. Getting some PortaPros for something smaller while I'm skating

DACs are basically a device that translates electronic signals into sound waves.

What you have right now:
Phone internals -> Internal DAC -> Headphone Jack -> Headphones

If you had an external DAC:
Phone Internals -> external DAC via USB port (bypassing internal DAC) -> headphone

Pic related is a DAC.

Attached: df-main-3.png (1098x553, 740K)

Samsung Galaxy S5 + 64 Gigabytes class 10 MicroSDXC + Apple EarPods with TRRS connector made for Apple iPhone 6

My old phone (Droid Turbo 2), with ATH-M50x and a FiiO A3 amp. I max out the phone audio, and control the volume through the amp. Real comfy setup desu

What are some decent small USB DAC?
I need to unify the audio quality over several devices.

good shit

iPhone8 + bluetooth KZ ZS5's

Thanks again for the answers, guys. I may now think about investing my money for them but it looks pretty inconvenient for mobile music listening, though.

PHONE

Attached: 90s cutie.jpg (635x601, 53K)

>DACs are basically a device that translates electronic signals into sound waves.
no they're not you complete fucking retard

Phone/Shure SE846s.

I really don't see the need of a DAC when using a phone as you likely aren't in a positon to appreciate any improvements you might see.

Attached: SHURESE846.jpg (1481x831, 83K)

This. Only I have 215s because I have a lower budget.

I mean, they turn digital signals into analog signals which the headphones turn into sound. But for a layman explanation, I don't think it's meaningful to differentiate between analog signals and sound.

LG G4 with V4AFX + HD 461. No external DAC/amp required

>Huawei Mate 10 Pro
>Hi6403 sound chip
>LG V20 fags can't even keep up.

Redmi Note 4 loudspeaker here. I mainly listen to Patrice O'Neal on Opie & Anthony while taking showers. I stopped listening to music like 3 years ago, don't even miss it.

what a strange existence

I mostly listen to music in my car so I just use my play music sub with my own weebtrash uploaded on it over bluetooth and control it with the assistant so I don't have to look away from the road to play a specific album

>90s cutie
I think you mean used goods.

>pretty much drive everywhere now
>when i'm not driving, a fiio x1
>shure se215
>the ones already in a phone are amazing, so no, it's a meme
>no

Attached: IMG_20180404_195107.jpg (4160x3120, 1.94M)

Does someone knows if there is some USB C and Jack dongles ?
I've been using my pixel 2 dongle but I want a charge with it ..

>Huawei Mate 10 Pro
>no headphone jack
>fixed storage
try again faggot

In my mind

I listen to Spotify on my phone cause it pisses off Jow Forums

Attached: lilpumpwebsb.jpg (850x1068, 358K)

Isn't Spotify 320kbps nowadays? 320 is perfectly acceptable, even if it is lossy.

Especially considering they're not using an ancient codec like MP3

Given that I only listen to 2-3 albums per year. Having spotify and paying for "offline" music is bordered with Nazism.

Attached: ipod-shuffle-5-1180x788.jpg (1180x788, 66K)