Okay Jow Forums I really fucked up...

Okay Jow Forums I really fucked up. When trying to remove my graphics card I noticed that it was sticking so I wiggled it around a little and horribly bent and ripped out one pci-e pin. I’m pretty sure I obliterated my motherboard as it’s a piece of shit with no second pci-e slot. Can I fix this when I don’t have warranty (second hand computer) or do I have to drop big bux on a new motherboard? If so where do I find a similar/better but compatible motherboard.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 3.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/i/263426179519
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just be yourself

Okay I’m going to take that as appealed dismissal because of my stupidity and hang myself

It's fucked, new mobo.

Appalled*

Yeah I don't think that's fixable.

Do you have any recommendations for where to find a duplicate that has the same operating license?

Or a superior one.

no lol, take it easy on yourself friend. I wrote a reply, but then realized Im not really qualified to talk about hardware since all I know is the basics of building a PC. So I deleted the reply, and just wrote "just b urself" instead to give you a bump at least

>operating license
What? License for the OS? Install same harddrive with a new mobo and hope it works, if it doesn't it'll probably ask for the OS to be repaired so stick in an OEM disc.

You could try soldering the pin back on and wiggling the port frame in there, but consider if the time and effort required and the certainty of success is actually worth the cost of a new motherboard.

ebay.com/i/263426179519

This seems to have the same MB. Though I'd rather get a better one if you're willing to spend that much.

Oh, windows since 8 has the option to have your license key stored in the BIOS of the motherboard. If OP's system authenticates that way and he doesn't have a license key, he's fucked.

You won't find a duplicate license in another motherboard. You should have a key somewhere. Or you could pirate. Piracy is the second most convenient way of dealing with windows licensing, the most convenient is to not use windows.
If you're feeling extra brave, you could try swapping your old BIOS chip into an identical motherboard.

>windows since 8 has the option to have your license key stored in the BIOS of the motherboard
Can't he try swapping the BIOS ROM on the new mobo?

Yeah, but that's about as difficult as fixing the PCI-e port, no?
Is there usually a software way? I haven't had to do this.

Nigger

Nig nig nigger

Pirate windoze and buy a newer mobo

Pirating site?

Dude look at that fucking thing. It looks like a mobo from a Dell in 2009. Just spend $150-$250 on a quality mobo with 2 Pci-e slots with metal support

you can actually fix that if you get all of the pins to look the same. then just slot the broken pcie connector and voila~

>Mobo on carpet
You deserved it, nigger

That’s actually the best way to ground it

What did he mean by this? Are you an actual retard? Carpet conducts electricity. You ground something on would or cardboard if possible, fucking anything but fabric

Wood*. But for real. Get your computer components off the carpet

It’s obviously a fucking alkalized carpet you inbred

>meanwhile inside The Hulk's computer

AHAHAHA

Imagine being this stupid.

>What did he mean by this? Are you an actual retard? Carpet conducts electricity. You ground something on would or cardboard if possible, fucking anything but fabric
Are you? Antistatic bags and grounding utilities CONDUCT electricity. That's the point of grounding.

You're not supposed to power them on in this state, but to work on.
Carpets are a bad idea, but not because "muh conduct electricity" like you tried to insist.

4/10
Made me reply.

ITS OBVIOUSLY A FUCKING ALKALIZED CARPET DIPSHIT

I said wood or cardboard. Both dont conduct static

Looks like it has some variety of integrated video. It's probably shit, but provided nothing is shorting, you should still be able to use the IGP.

Good luck, user. You clearly need it.

pretty sure all windows OS list the product key used in system properties. just use the same key to reauthenticate

Attached: windows auth.jpg (797x551, 65K)

If you cut off the end of one of those PCIe 1x slots, you can put the graphics card in it. It'll reduce performance, but it should work.

Not with OEM licenses I think.

I ripped a capacitor off my motherboard about a week ago, bought 4 more off ebay for $5 and re-soldered it, no big deal.

That looks like a pain, give it a shot though, not like you can break it...

I recently got licenses reactivated on windows 7 and also windows 10 when I swapped motherboards. Just contact tech support and tell them you changed motherboards. They'll dick around for a few hours and just give you a new license.

Attached: License.jpg (880x630, 55K)

Well it's not like it was anything special to start with, it's not a trivial fix cos you don't have the tools or know how, I would not do that job with out a vacuum solder sucker, but with one it's not that bad.

If you want your windows key download "Magic jellybean"

IIRC, you can contact Microsoft and have them reactivate/transfer the license to a new motherboard in the case of hardware failure. Even OEM licenses.

OP should contact Microsoft support and confirm though.

You said: Carpet conducts electricity.

>I said wood or cardboard.
Yes you did say that too. Even more retarded.

You want it to be conductive when you work on something. You don't want it to be conductive when powering on.
Same reason you store motherboards in an antistatic bag but don't place them on one when powering them on.

It's pretty much fucked. With that said, I notice your board has a VGA video out, so assuming your CPU has Intel integrated graphics; you should be able to run off your integrated GPU and analog video out.

Attached: fukd.jpg (350x328, 27K)

>H81
>2009
It's haswell series, possibly with ECC support. Guy is trying to save the board to avoid the headache of transferring his windows license and software.
OP, If you still have the plastic meant to slot the card, you could try clipping the really bad pins on the far side and run the card at 8x. PCI-E is cool like that- tape over half your pins on a working card and watch it not give a fuck.

Your biggest problem is the power pins up front- they look really beat up. Try and straighten them out with tweezers while the plastic slot sits on top to guide them back in place.

And good lord use a GPU you don't care about for initial testing- zero reason to burn up a quadro.

Grab a soldering iron, some pliers, remove all fucking pins, clean the holes, insert new PCI-E slot, solder it back, pray (it is important), and it shout work.

you could resolder those pins permanently to a videocard

as long as the wires dont touch each other

Aren't there some really low end video cards that could fit into the PCI-e x1 slots? make a backup of your stuff and sysprep so you can use your HDD/SSD on a new motherboard.