It's not GNU, it's LINUX

I'm sicked of the fat mouth-breathing fedora guys telling people that it's "gahnoo plus linecks". No, faggot, it's fucking LINUX.

Can you run Linux using only your precious GNU components? No, you can't dicksucker. However, I'm using an operating system that uses the Linux kernel and I don't need no stinking GAHNOO. I'm not using any gahnoo shit on my computer. Would you like me to tell people that I use the gahnoo operating system? No, right? Then WHO is the operating system now?

Attached: 1420170242623.jpg (1024x768, 294K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PaKIZ7gJlRU?t=4m20s
gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.en.html
ftp.funet.fi/pub/linux/historical/kernel/old-versions/RELNOTES-0.01
gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html#many
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't know; you haven't told us.

I use Windows and I play video games all day

I don't know what linux is or does, sorry.

Why don't you tell us how you intend to use Linux without any gnu components?

Linux encompasses GNU, so it's okay to just call it Linux. We don't consider Texas as being separate from the United States just because it started out as its own country. In fact, Stallman didn't even say that "GNU + Linux" quote and there's nothing to suggest he even believes such a notion.

This. You honestly haven't used bash, glibc, coreutils, binutils, diff, find, finger, grep, ftp, telnet, rsh, rlogin, tftp, tar, time, gzip, login, chgroup, or gdb (just to name a few) directly or indirectly since downloading your distro?

Not OP here, but

> systemd botnet
> clang
> musl libc
> zsh or some other hipster shell

or just

> busybox

inb4 systemd has LGPL license

>GNU SED
$ echo axxx bxx cx | sed 's/\b[a-z]//g'
xxx xx x

>BuggyBox SED
$ echo axxx bxx cx | sed 's/\b[a-z]//g'
axxx x cx

>GNU AWK
$ awk 'BEGIN { printf "%d\n", 10240000000000/1024 }'

>BuggyBox AWK
$ awk 'BEGIN { printf "%d\n", 10240000000000/1024 }'

Proceed calling systemd a botnet and normies woun't believe you when you call actual botnet a botnet.

calling it linux since 1998, won't stop just because some hippie tells me it's his original OS do not steal. if he really want his precious gnu he should stop eating shit from his foot and make hurd actually usable

OP here

>busybox

this

>he doesn't know that there are multiple implementations of core utils

> Can you run Linux using only your precious GNU components?

Do you even read what you’re saying? Of course you can’t run Linux without running Linux. Doesn’t change the fact that the kernel is one of the many interchangeable components of the GNU system.

And that’s fucking good. The kernel is doing a good job it’s so self-contained that you can replace it with something else that does the same job and can still use the same software.

alpine
out of box, it's free from glibc, gcc, and the gnu userland

there's nothing wrong with calling it lignux
less typing than GNU/Linux while still mentioning the os and it's still correct according to the FSF

Linux is a kernel.
GNU is stuff, that screws on kernel and allows user to do things, so let's call GNU a shell.
All combined - it is a UNIX-like system

Linux is not GNU. You can use Linux without GNU just like you can use GNU without Linux.

Neither GNU and neither Linux are OSes on its own.
Let's call GNU+Linux a LNG, or Linux is Not GNU

The FSF is full of crazy and bigoted people.

t. youtu.be/PaKIZ7gJlRU?t=4m20s

that's sad

Attached: 14664746971890.jpg (320x320, 19K)

Based Linus, just the right amount of autism.

Linux is a kernel, it's usually used in operating systems like GNU and Android, or with individual programs added in embedded systems.

gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.en.html

GNU is actually an OS with its own kernel. GNU/Linux is a GNU variant with Linux, GNU/kFreBSD another one.

Attached: 1521756430062.gif (250x252, 2.97M)

>Linux is a kernel, it's usually used in operating systems like GNU and Android
wake up,GNU is vaporware

Yes.

>Mail me at "[email protected]" if you have any questions.

>Sadly, a kernel by itself gets you nowhere. To get a working system you
>need a shell, compilers, a library etc. These are separate parts and may
>be under a stricter (or even looser) copyright. Most of the tools used
>with linux are GNU software and are under the GNU copyleft. These tools
>aren't in the distribution - ask me (or GNU) for more info.
>Linus, ftp.funet.fi/pub/linux/historical/kernel/old-versions/RELNOTES-0.01

Just call linux what it really is: garbage.

Richard Stallman created the OS in 1983 and he named it GNU.

The Linux Foundation (Facebook, Intel, Microsoft) is a bunch of lying sheckle hungry faggots who want to distract people from freedom, so they censor it when they can.

Ever wondered why nobody calls Android Linux? It contains the same amount if Linux as in GNU/Linux.

You have been trolled.

No, it should be called just "GNU" or "GNU/Linux" (GNU+Linux is acceptable, too) to give an equal amount of credit. If the name was picked based on who wrote more source code, it should be called GNU *not* Linux!!

Why should the credit stop there? What about Freedesktop.org, systemd, and friends?

$ uname --operating-system
GNU/Linux
$ uname --kernel-name
Linux
checkmate

I refuse to call it anything other than Linux.

gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html#many

Confirmed.

Attached: Screenshot.png (720x273, 13K)

>Since a long name such as GNU/X11/Apache/Linux/TeX/Perl/Python/FreeCiv becomes absurd, at some point you will have to set a threshold and omit the names
That's exactly why I just call it "Linux"

say it with me:
GUNOOOHH

Attached: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg (385x385, 28K)

>Since a long name such as GNU/X11/Apache/Linux/TeX/Perl/Python/FreeCiv becomes absurd, at some point you will have to set a threshold and omit the names of the many other secondary contributions. There is no one obvious right place to set the threshold, so wherever you set it, we won't argue against it.

>Different threshold levels would lead to different choices of name for the system. But one name that cannot result from concerns of fairness and giving credit, not for any possible threshold level, is “Linux”. It can't be fair to give all the credit to one secondary contribution (Linux) while omitting the principal contribution (GNU).

Attached: 1522557219269.jpg (589x564, 179K)

But GNU isn't the principal contribution of my Linux installs

>GNU system developed in 1983
>Linux kernel developed in 1991
>GNU/Linux formed in 1993

uname -rms
Linux 4.14.15-1-zen x86_64

what nao

>Ever wondered why nobody calls Android Linux?
that's why

When people wish for Linux smartphone they actually want GNU on their phones. Because Android is already a Linux phone but not GNU/Linux one.

I have never seen any of Fedora guys be so anal about GNU/memes. They actually make fun of RMS pretty often.

story behing picrelated?

Normies trade privacy for convinience, now they trade copyright for convinience. It's ganoo plus linoox

>-s, --kernel-name
>--kernel-name

>-rms
>rms

Attached: 1522786008943s.jpg (250x187, 6K)

because i actually use the tools and they are very important to the functionality of linux

Richard Stallman glows in the dark