Alternative Carriers

Wireless carriers are tech-related.

Which carrier are you with right now?

Attached: 167EB6F5-119B-41F1-8CEF-D32DD03FFF78.jpg (600x544, 13K)

Telus. Not many options in Canada though.

Just switched to US mobile.
I'm very satisfied with their business model. You get to build your own plan.
I had tracfone before but the prepaid bullshit got to me. I'm pretty sure they fudge your data usage.

walmart family plan. shit is great for the price

Never heard of US Mobile. Looks pretty good.

I'm on Cricket so I ended up paying exactly the same for my service with them but I'll bookmark US just in case.

Thanks

tmobile prepaid

Project Fi

Attached: 1341203851725.png (378x313, 21K)

There's plenty of options if you want shit service and live in the city

All of these NVMOs that piggyback off of T-Mobile have similar pricing, ie us mobile, cricket, tracfone, etc

*mvno

Same, also with the botnet.

Pretty comfy paying only $23~/month and having full hangouts integration by default, since that allows for super ez mode wi-fi phones without a sim.

Same.

how's the coverage

Telstra, because they have the best coverage and I spend a lot of time in rural areas.

Cricket.
8GB for $45/mo

Cricket is AT&T famalam

czech'em

T-mobile $30 walmart plan, it's still the best around.

UK. Virgin Mobile. £8/month for 8GB data, unltd mins.

I was on 15GB with EE for £28 until virgin offered me a deal.

I pay 40$ mo for 26gb first year/13gb afterwards. Telcel, mexico, yes, it works in your country without extra charges.

Uhh, no.

Cricket is owned by AT&T and runs on their network, which is generally superior to Tmo.

Tracfone runs on all 4 major US networks, so their coverage is god tier, but they are an extremely scummy Mexican company so I won't do business with them anymore.

I'll have to try cricket but I doubt it's superior to T-Mobile dude
Don't fall for the marketing

Ting is good if you're a lighter user. Good for a secondary device too.

Fi. Cheap, works great anywhere I've been, even hiking. Cheap when I travel out of country.

Bought a virizon phone and use straight talk. $55 a month for unlimited throttled after 10gb

o2, germany.
I pay €14.99 per month. Unlimited mins and messages.
Basically unlimited data usage, since they only throttle your connection down to 1mbps, which is enough for everything other than hd video streaming

I have Public Mobile, Telus MVNO. Got on the bandwagon right before the prices went up.

If I wanted just a data connection what would be the cheapest and/or best option?

Attached: 1511144805056.png (1974x687, 104K)

Free wi-fi at a coffee shop and a VPN service. Don't forget to spoof your MAC before connecting.

mobile data plan

Well the VPN will cost you five bucks a month and """free""" wi-fi is everywhere, you just have to foil its surveillance. You can dispense with the VPN if you're happy to use something like an SSH tunnel to your home computer. You ain't gonna get any mobile data plan that's between five bucks and free, and its an expense you can pretty easily dispense with.

Freedompop, 700mb per month for $0. All I need because wifi is everywhere.

No, it's actually quite dated.

Nah still the best

I was with the same carrier for 25 years:
LA Cellular > PacTel PCS > AT&T > Cingular > AT&T
Finally decided to switch to T-Mobile for savings.
Shit reception
Switched back to AT&T Prepaid after about a week.

6GB/mo full speed, w/rollover data for $45/mo
Not the cheapest but I get great service.

Got MintSim and ProjectFi. Too lazy to switch off of ProjectFi though. Might get a used Pixel in a few months.

I'm on Wifi most of the time (like 95% of the time), so my bill is like ~25/month w/ taxes, MintSim was like $15/month though and my phone supports Wifi calling.

Looking for a prepaid plan for only 4g data usage. Any options other than tracfone?

Ting. Coverage is amazing everywhere I've been.

Customer service people are helpful with the one problem I had once. And it's cheap since I don't phone too much. Just text and sometimes use data if I need to for work.

No problems and I pay less than $40 usually for 3 devices. (highest it's ever been was ~65 one month)

Also I live US

I would join with them if I could activate with my own phone. Nobody I know has a Nexus or Pixel.

Thinking about either mint or red pocket instead now.

Attached: blackberry keyone.gif (480x270, 1.79M)

I have Mint and honestly I think it's amazing. Cheap as fuck, no bullshit, and I get HD calling.

Verizon unlimited, got on the Feb 2017 Family unlimited plan, so essentially Im only paying about 50 dollars for unlimited everything
I work a lot in rural areas where verizon is the only carrier available so it works

I would say freedom pop, literally free

Ting is terrible, they're pricing scheme is God awful. Tello is a much better option

How do you like Mint? I use Tracfone and it's bretty good. All your minutes and data carry over and since I barely use my phone aside from Wifi I have a huge stockpile. Only costs me $14 a month, too.

it's pretty terrible if you're a heavy user, it's pretty cheap if you're a light user.

I pay like $20 a month because I rarely ever use more than 100MB of data a month

This. I was almost homeless while in college not too long ago, and I didn't have a lot of wifi. So I went to use my mobile tethering at no extra charge. It went from $24 to $60 very, very fast.

legit looks like a pyramid scheme

Freedom Mobile (formerly Wind). Unlimited data (10GB before throttle), but their area sucks. They finally got LTE in Toronto, but it also sucks. I have a plan with unlimited data state-side on whatever carrier I roam to.

My company pays for a Bell plan for me, so whenever Wind isn't working I just use that.

They are scammy but if you're smart you won't pay any unneccessary charges. Used them for a year now with a dummy prepaid card card on file so nothing to worry about. Thought about buying a couple more sims (some people have gigs and gigs each month for free). No limit for now, probably would end though if more people were smart enough to exploit this.

Tracfone (which I believe is similar to StraightTalk)

Ting is terrible. Piggybacks off the Sprint network that hasn't been good since 3G era. It's not even that cheap if you actually use data. If you live in a rural area, as I do, forget about Ting.