Have you updated yet, Jow Forums?

Have you updated yet, Jow Forums?

Attached: Capture.png (488x265, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

insidewindows.net/2018/04/03/building-redstone-4-rtm-17133-1-installation-media-using-media-creation-tool/
pastebin.com/cK8y4YEX
github.com/Microsoft/WSL/issues/2615
pastebin.com/raw/mepnsM6D
fg.ds.b1.download.windowsupdate.com/c/Upgr/2018/03/17133.1.180323-1312.rs4_release_clientconsumer_ret_x64fre_en-us_8483d330ba2e42d8e0a2bdd377074358afb0c864.esd
fg.ds.b1.download.windowsupdate.com/c/Upgr/2018/03
pastebin.com/WdUv5UVj
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/64233894/#64234201
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/on-screen-split-keyboard-missing-after-update/9619e3c8-4ad3-4a98-9a94-2097a2e25312?auth=1
onmsft.com/news/here-are-the-input-improvements-in-windows-10-build-17063
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I installed gentoo

I upgraded from I don't remember which release to Windows 7 SP1 about a year ago.

Build 17133 is an insider build not the Release update. Fake and Gay

i updated from debian sid to debian sid

like a week ago, yeah you're late to the party OP

I'll wait till AMD releases drivers for this specific update first.

Not bothering to join insiders for it, maybe if they put up the RTM ISO on the media creation tool before Tuesday I'll try it, otherwise whatever.

It is the"RTM" for the update. They will only change the numbers behind the build number until release.

insidewindows.net/2018/04/03/building-redstone-4-rtm-17133-1-installation-media-using-media-creation-tool/

nah this is still working

maybe when I rebuild my pc

Attached: Capture.png (229x93, 16K)

does it finally have the sets and fluent taskbar?

Yes

Attached: Capture.png (1536x2048, 1.16M)

> (OP)
>does it finally have the sets and fluent taskbar?
Sets is in rs5, not 4. But it has the timeline botnet and some more fluent design.

Working on a powershell script to stop updates and maybe make Win 10 usable. What do you guys think?

pastebin.com/cK8y4YEX

Basically disables all services related to windows update, and blocks it from re-enabling itself. Any suggestions to improve it?

>using an os that won't let you drag shortcuts from the Start Menu to the desktop
You almost got me Jow Forums

Why are chink fonts so bad on Windows? literally emigrated from linux due to windows being superior at everything, but its major downfall is fonts. Mainly because I always used google fonts on linux, I would have thought microsoft would have decent CJK fonts as well. I tried mactype but it's the buggiest piece of shit ever.

>that won't let you drag shortcuts from the Start Menu to the desktop
but you can literally do that

Attached: Capture.jpg (945x482, 49K)

>Any suggestions to improve it?
install linux

I like it.

Attached: wandows.png (250x154, 5K)

Nope, I only run Windows 10 to play remotely on my Xbox One, for everything else I use my Windows 7 partition.

LTSB is the only usable version of windows

And not even that one is usable.
I ditched W10 LTSB in favor of Hackintosh Sierra due to W10 being a slow motherfucker (i cannot install loonix since i need M$ Office for my job)

>using two window versions in dual boot
now with twice the botnetâ„¢

Attached: 1522145546717-g.png (706x674, 65K)

I was finally able to block all updates by disabling some things and unfortunately having to use a program to lock out windows update , it works but I'm not happy about it , I downloaded it from majorgeeks and it had a review on a website and my anti virus says it's fine and it does what it says it does , so , there you go...
And now my computer doesn't try to update anymore , which is what I want. Because it interferes with a program I rely on everyday.

It's not out. It's still under insider builds (currently slow ring)

>"stripped down" windows
>still uses +1.5 GB idle in amd64 configuration

Anything new of worth? APIs, under the hood changes, interface changes? Does it still suffer from the process creation issue, or can i go back to compile my shit outside a Linux VM?

nope, never will.

Attached: no.png (1816x500, 179K)

abhorrent rice

I reverted the update, it broke my system. It sucks dick.

Just for pro? My 10 home didn't notify me of any update.

>Does it still suffer from the process creation issue
Wasn't that fixed a while ago?

>Anything new of worth
I am mainly looking forward to finally being able to upgrade my wsl ubuntu installation.
github.com/Microsoft/WSL/issues/2615

You can get it from windows update servers manually already if you know what you're doing but it's not officially released.

>Wasn't that fixed a while ago?
No, what was fixed was process killing being shoved all into a single thread.
Process creation is still slow as fuck and running a complex bash script on msys2/cygwin takes ages ever since the Falls Creator build.

As much as I hate that look, the grey color is nice and I wish Windows 10 had a dark mode that isn't BLACK mode.

Attached: Win10 1803.jpg (7680x4320, 2.99M)

>Ryzen 7 1800X
>32Gb of RAM
>7.8 Rating
???

yes, windows 10 is awesome

It factors storage speed in the calculations for the WEI.
Thought that was obvious as fucking hell.
If he had EPYC with 4GHz RAM and Volta GPU he'd get 5.9 if he had a HDD.

Windows Rating is bullshit written back in like 2006.

>tfw no """feature""" updates, ever

Attached: 4 4 18.png (626x351, 147K)

Is there specific functions you can't do through Office Online? Have you tried using PlayOnLinux/WINE?

Yes. I updated last Wednesday.

Win10 LTSB is the Anniversary build with (most of) the botnet removed. Incidentally also the first good Win10 build.

Man you asked for that one

No, this piece of shit can't update itself since few months already, just gets stuck ring to update and then undoes the updates, something to do with dual boot or some shit. Thankfully I almost never boot into windows anymore.

Or simply use ShutUp10

Not yet. I figured I'd just let it do it while I was away.

Attached: Capture.jpg (380x58, 12K)

can you make a thread when you finish it? also does it allow for security updates only?

So how exactly stopping updates will make Win10 any more usable?

Alternative: Use that .xml file to find the direct link for the version of Windows you want, then convert the .ESD to an .ISO (useful if the Media Creation Tool has a tendency to download the wrong version or conk out when trying to create a USB installer).

Attached: 1263870365260.jpg (500x334, 176K)

Workin on it.

Attached: updatin.png (558x137, 8K)

>10 home
Not even once. Home versions are the most problematic when shit companies buy them for business use. Even home used at home, updates are painfully difficult to install
>creation tool
hit or miss

shutdown /s -t 0
>shutdown without installing updates
>created batch file and execute for immediate shutdown when updates to install can be an issue.

Has it hit Release Preview yet? I'm hoping this new build fixes a few niggles I'm having with 16299. My Surface I use to test new Skip Ahead builds hasn't been turned on in months.

Attached: Untitled.png (1026x801, 40K)

Just did. Thank you, user!

Same but upgraded from 8.1

Not yet.
>Has it hit Release Preview
Download your ESD
pastebin.com/raw/mepnsM6D

If you use EN-US Win10 Pro it's this link (as seen in the pastebin)
fg.ds.b1.download.windowsupdate.com/c/Upgr/2018/03/17133.1.180323-1312.rs4_release_clientconsumer_ret_x64fre_en-us_8483d330ba2e42d8e0a2bdd377074358afb0c864.esd
fg.ds.b1.download.windowsupdate.com/c/Upgr/2018/03

copy paste, make a bat
pastebin.com/WdUv5UVj

Put the bat in the same folder as the ESD file and it will make a folder with the decrypted ESD file into an ISO, just run the upgrade and you're done.

I went from 1709 to 1803 and been using it for 6 hours now and haven't seen any problem.
Is Privacy a thing for you?
Download ShutUp10 and disable most if not all and reboot.

Enjoy~

Attached: explorer_2018-04-04_10-07-20.png (2257x1272, 59K)

Ignore second line
>fg.ds.b1.download.windowsupdate.com/c/Upgr/2018/03
Accidentally selected part of the other link.

>Have you updated yet, Jow Forums?
No. I still don't have a Windows. I actually bought a SSD for it half a year ago but I never got around to it. I've got two valid Wintendo 10 keys that came with my laptops so I can. I just .. haven't bothered. Yet. It does seem like a lot of trouble.

Nope, using windows 7 until devs start to not support win7 anymore, then going to linux.

If your keys are from Win10 Pro, you should have no problems installing it at all. Unless you're talking about getting used to a whole new OS, of course.

Nope. Still using windows 7 and will until about 2021 until I move to Linux, likely won't be a gamer tag by then.

What??

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2560x1440, 779K)

I was under the impression that, Professional and Enterprise are the last versions of 7, that are still currently supported? Are you still receiving updates for Ultimate?

All Windows 7 versions are supported until 2021 October. Of course Ultimate still gets all the updates.

looks like garbage... and that's what people call an update nowadays?

Nice to see that you finally gave up on the ESR meme after shilling it for so long.

I still use ESR. Fx 57+ is a resource hog.

Yeah I just saw that. I was referencing an older screen shot from Wikipedia. I didn't realize MS changed the eol. That's actually good on them surprisingly

Attached: yus.jpg (425x365, 28K)

yes but the moment ms tries some superjew shit like subscriptions i'm switching to mint

>nothing to do
kill me please

Attached: NOTHING TO DO.png (683x149, 19K)

Try changing your shitposts a bit, this is getting boring.
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/64233894/#64234201

MS is already going in the waas direction. Like Windows365. Basically Adobe CC

Attached: fiiilnx.jpg (756x200, 55K)

Mind you this is a Titan X Pascal.

Attached: firefox_58_gpu_wtf.png (827x40, 7K)

Attached: fkitiminstllx.jpg (414x600, 44K)

Yes. Clean install of 17133.1 and used my EDU key for good measure. So far 0 problems.

Yes, we know that you like shitposting about fake problems that you create for yourself.
That's why I told you to change it up a bit.

Looks like shitposting... and that's what people call autism.

>fake problems
How do you think I saturated this card with FireFox, of all programs?

I upgraded to linux instead.

>Clean install
This really is the only way around shenanigans with existing installations. It may take a little bit more time, so long as there is a solid user data import/export scheme in place, wouldn't be that excessive. MDT could also help.

>with firefox of all programs
It is clear that out of all programs the one that can run arbitrary code on the gpu is going to have the most trouble saturating the card.

creator's update added some features. it also removed my GOD DAMN split touch keyboard

>"removed"
Just say it like it is - you are far to retarded to fix a driver issue.
Just switch to MacOS, user. Apple faggotry will protect you from feeling any necessity for anything to actually work.

yep, reinstalled 7 after about a year after another forced update that again deleted some software against my will and enabled telemetry I disabled before

Attached: onlythroughthedarksidemayyourskillsbecomplete.jpg (610x458, 33K)

I got it on 2 normie computers for testing purposes, it's pretty stupid to run pre-release software on production machines, especially when they are sure to drop a few zero day patches on Apr 10th when RS4 officially launches.

I would upgrade to Win10 from MacOS in a fucking instant I'm given an opportunity.

>tfw ltsb is the only OS on my macbook just to piss off macfags

Actually, you have a point.

FUCK YOU. STOP HOGGING DATA TO BENEFIT COMCAST.

no, you fucking nigger microsoft removed the split touch keyboard and replaced it with a "swype" keyboard after creator's update on touch devices with no real way to get it back without downgrading. this is on a fully updated surface, it's not a driver issue

an example

Attached: swype.png (693x743, 38K)

That feature should be available in the build 17063+
At least feedback hub states so.

you DOUBLE NIGGER
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/on-screen-split-keyboard-missing-after-update/9619e3c8-4ad3-4a98-9a94-2097a2e25312?auth=1

Attached: 1511394131558.jpg (400x400, 103K)

onmsft.com/news/here-are-the-input-improvements-in-windows-10-build-17063

fucking awesome, the swype doesn't work correctly in chrome and it was really fucking up my tablet usage

>""""""""""updated""""""""""

Attached: 1521092242567.jpg (417x367, 41K)

I have a question.

For that 17133.1 build, will it be updated automagically to the final release once it's out?

It'll start rolling out in tiers starting April 10th