Installing Manjaro now. What am i in for Jow Forums?

What am i in for?

Attached: manjaro.png (1024x768, 203K)

a bad time
install arch

meme somewhere else.

>implying i'm memeing
how new are you?

A comfy low-maintenance rolling distro

breddy gud if you aren't yet used to arch-based distros. Manjaro is to arch what mint is to other linux distros, good for someone who wants to test the waters.

annoying to install custom kernels and custom video driver (mesa-git) other than that its fine

30 min max for the install
may or may not break arbitrarily

an easy to use OS and pants-on-head retarded website management

A cool tinkering OS where silent dependency breakage is more trouble than it’s worth. Fun for a while, but I moved to Debian.

Disappointment, followed by rage. Just install Arch or Antergos.

>What am i in for?
Totally not Arch™

Retarded. Install the REAL Arch. Stop using out of the box shit.

I like it, it's got access to the AUR and it's stable enough. Really that's the only reason I installed it

The best distro until systemD just fucks your shit.

just install Arch, Manjaro developers are braindead

A poorly maintained fork of Arch that the devs regularly fuck up despite taking forever to include packages in their repos. There's no reason to use this over Arch.

Pain.

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-21 Mpv-player + external album art-or8.png (1110x253, 12K)

its fine OP, I've been using arch for a long time and am currently trying manjaro. 2 Months in, and it feels the same after some tweaking.

OP... if you don't want to install Arch at least get Antergos. Manjaro is ass

My Windows partition went missing after I installed it alongside Windows for dual-boot and the Windows partition was unallocated I wish I knew how to restore it and get it back so I can finish moving the rest of my files to my external for backups. I actually prefer Manjaro a lot more over WinShitBotnet anyday I miss WinBotnet not one bit and thankfully I backed up most of my files before the installation

Attached: b11db20b58614ef503b4e659e1877b3779c05bde.jpg (516x800, 140K)

The best 'just werkz' Linux experience

Install Debian.

You mean Gentoo?

Every time I see this logo I think of Homestuck.

Isn't Manjaro arch-based?

How is Antergos compared to Manjaro?

>I wish I knew how to restore it and get it back
if you knew that you wouldn't have unallocated it in the first place

Yeah, he's not memeing. As you're soon to find out.

>Manjaro is to arch what mint is to other linux distros, ONLY good for someone who wants to test the waters.
ftfy
There is no reason not to use Arch after you get comfortable with a Linux environment on Manjaro. It's ironically more stable than Manjaro because Manjaro, like Mint, is a completely amateurish effort to make a distro that "just works".

I installed Manjaro on my ThinkPad and fucking hated it.

>Closing the laptop lid caused some retarded screen issue, managed to fix it
>Installed the most recent (((proprietary))) GPU driver, somehow installing catalyst fucked Whisker menu, and it lost my config
>Graphics performance somehow managed to be worse
>Uninstall and reinstall free drivers
>Things seemed ok
>Few days later random crash while Pacman -Syu
>Have to hard reset as nothing is doing anything
>Whoops looks like it somehow managed to corrupt lightDM and I have a cli only system now
>Use LiveUSB to recover light DM, recovery and repair seems to go well reboot
>Whoops looks like grub is now fucked and how have no OS on your system

And that's when I reinstalled Xubuntu.

Fuck Manjaro. If you're going to make a "just wurks" distro, make it actually work

Another reason to install Gentoo

Manjaro might save a lot of work from using stuff from arch, but it isn't arch.

This