Is it dead?

>reps are older than my grandma
>site is dead
>forum is dead
>distrowatch entry is dead
I fear it's gone, guys..

Attached: Antergos.sh.png (650x650, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archlinux.org/mirrors/status/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I thought the repos were still active? And their site is still up on my end. Fourm and DW listing is always dead, because it's a neiche distro.

i just wanted move to it from obongo 17_10 since it has worked for me surprisingly well previously..

it got beat by anarchy
same thing, but much less bloat

It's an Arch installer, as long as Arch isn't alive, so is Antergos.

>rep are older than my grandma
Antergos has one repo and its for extra fluff like icons and themes. All the important stuff comes from the Arch repos.

excelend bantsc

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-04_04-42-25.png (1453x573, 124K)

Attached: 1502152099757.png (473x675, 361K)

Whats to stop you from just using Arch repositories in the Pacman mirrorlist? Antergos isn't some full featured distro. It's just an installer for Arch that gives you a quick setup for commonly downloaded software. Wouldn't using reflector just replace the antergos mirrors with Arch mirrors since it draws from: archlinux.org/mirrors/status/ ?

Install Manjaro

It's a fucking installer.

Better to simply install the minimal version of Antergos and edit the Antergos entry from pacman.conf. This will give you a "pure" Arch install. Ater that edit the file "os-release" and change the entry from Antergos to Arch.

>os-release
Sorry, meant lsb-release.

an hero desu

I'm not trying to hide the fact I use Antergos to impress a bunch of neckbeards on Jow Forums though. I prefer the Arch ecosystem because of the AUR and sensibly designed webpage for finding packages/wiki. I can compile software, I can install Arch by hand, I can edit shitloads of configuration files. But I choose not to. The AUR minimizes hunting down and adding in shitload of PPA or compiling software. The webpage is easily accessible and I don't have to worry about security backports or past version releases getting in the way of clean information. Antergos is just another step in the direction of utility by getting rid of another hurdle which is the install process. Learning the ins-and-outs of fdisk, mounting and formatting are useful for new people. When I'm installing the OS on a brand new system after years of using Arch I don't give a shit about doing all this tedious bitchwork.

>I'm not trying to hide the fact I use Antergos to impress a bunch of neckbeards on Jow Forums though.
I didn't think you were, but why bother with the Antergos name when its just Arch with a crappy desktop?

Not him but I know exactly what you mean. Nine years of using Arch here and kids want to give me shit for using Antergos to do a minimal install with LVM with disk encryption while I watch a show.

I just got an update from the repos yesterday seems fine to me. What does it matter anyway it's just arch? They only supply cosmetic stuff
I know and no one says shit when you use old stuff like Debian. Even the arch devs and forum moderators are like that. Arch isn't even hard to install it's just a pain in the ass. I have things to do. I like the AUR and I like pacman.

Just install Arch normally, it's not that hard.

it was pointless anyway

if you're too retarded to install arch, there's manjaro

I have a system that I don't really care about that has edgy hardware, and I didn't want to spend time installing arch
->kde neon: installed the bootloader into another drive, without asking me and shat up another install (it worked though)
->debian: somehow managed to not recognise the usb mouse even with non-free driver pack during install. then failed boot.
->manjaro: failed boot

in retrospect I should have just installed arch directly. I did that, and it worked flawlessly because no idiotic conflict ever occurred.

I've never noticed this before, nice one!

manjaro uses its own repos and is a huge piece of shit
antergos is just arch with a graphical installer and one extra repo for their theme

Manjaro is a bad excuse for a distro
Install godly Gentoo

You forgot to mention it needs to install gdm otherwise it shits itself

I've never heard this before.

lol wat

Here's one distro that isn't dead, user.

Attached: 2018-04-04-054707_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.35M)

>rebranded gentoo done by a bunch of meme-obsessed hacker larper kids on Jow Forums specifically for a bunch of meme-obsessed hacker larper kids on Jow Forums
Of course it's not dead. It was never alive to begin with.

Attached: butthurt-faggot.jpg (331x402, 59K)

You forgot to put animeshitter and weebs in your sentence.

True. My bad. I'm just used to the usual disingenuous kiddo larper constantly screeching about now they're totally not into video games or anime, because real grown up hackers totally hate that sort of stuff. Or something. I dunno, larper kids are fucking weird.

Attached: 1513458204150.png (500x394, 194K)

>Aruba
But your pc is. Can it even play 1080p60fps videos?

Attached: HorribleSubs_Aho_Girl_04_720p.mkv_snapshot_06.31_2017.07.25_18.10.12.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

The Manjaro devs have gotten their shit together lately. So it is actually usable now.