/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Attached: c975634c5f6112e710549ac44022f208.png (1024x1450, 1.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/8960af/magni_3_owners_help/
youtube.com/watch?v=8FLHPVPjNM0
amazon.com/gp/product/B00HYH7HXA
ebay.com/itm/332453425993
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well boys I finally did it, I bought the HD 600. Found a pair that was barely touched for $175. Literally looks brand new. If they sound as good as I think they will (I adore the neutral sound signature on my iem), then I will proudly join you great soldiers in shitposting. I will dedicate hours, each day, to shitposting in the name of pure distilled fidelity.

>barely touched
Disgusting, enjoy your dead skin cells, pus, oil and dirt on your earpads, faggot.

New pads and headband cushion cost $7

>Tell me then what is the second best headphone after HD600?
HD580 you newfag.

>reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/8960af/magni_3_owners_help/
>mfw people fell for the schiit meme

Attached: 1504789851335.jpg (429x533, 83K)

>reddit

>Budget
2000 MXN, ~100 USD.
>Location
I can only buy if it ships to Mexico and is on amazon. I already have gift cash on amazon.com.mx
>Source
Android smartphone, laptop. Don't tell me I can't use a headphone based just by impedance because that's not how it works.
>Type of headphone
Over ear, full sized
>Open or closed
A better than MDR-7506 closed, or something like the 7506 but open.
>Comfort level
Light fit, I use glasses.
>Sound signature
Flat, airy, I like instruments to be airy, stereo speakers like, sub bass can be a little rolled off as long as all other frequencies are good.
>Past headphones
KSC-75 which I like but can be laid back in the highs.
MDR-7506 which I like and I want the new headphones to be this comfortable and light.
I bought the M40X a week ago, but I got them back to amazon because I thought the mids were way laid back, although they have nice (but bumped) bass and nice airy highs, so that's V-Shaped and I don't see it different from an M50X which is measured even flatter in the bass by rtings. Also the soundstage was more closed than the Sony's. And the build was bulky, it's almost stupid because the earcup is the same size but they are way bigger.

If you are going to recommend something, compare to the MDR-7506 if you can.

Attached: sony-mdr-7506-padiglione.jpg (1280x855, 147K)

youtube.com/watch?v=8FLHPVPjNM0

Attached: 1502381043098.jpg (1200x900, 708K)

SHP9500.

I'm sure she has a pair of feet somewhere

used dt770

cats are technology confirmed by mods

Attached: IMG_20180402_194117332.jpg (2340x4160, 2.25M)

whats the frequency response of it's purring?

I'm still rockin my original schiit stack with my X2s and it's still going strong. What happened to schiit? They start cutting corners and all their schitt is shit now?

Attached: LDA.jpg (512x512, 70K)

I've had my modded HD 555s since 2011. It's held together by glue and electrical tape, but the sound quality still holds up.

third party earpads fuck with the sound so $50 but otherwise still a good deal

>sell hd6xx
buy hd600
>sell he500
>sell dt990
>sell beatsx
buy hd800
>sell magni
>sell modi
>sell dragonfly black
>sell dac x6
buy cth+sdac
y/n

Attached: hoarder.jpg (1324x1288, 984K)

Y

>then I will proudly join you great soldiers in shitposting. I will dedicate hours, each day, to shitposting in the name of pure distilled fidelity.
I await your conversion, my new comrade

>tube memes

Attached: 15221907822860.jpg (221x229, 7K)

Do you find you listen to more feminine music since your romantic relationship between you and your headphones began?

was thinking of upgrading my audio setup, now that I found out the world of T50rp, I was thinking would it be a huge improvement if I were to get one with a schiit magni3 amp?
>PC to E10k (dac) to magni3 to T50rp
current setup is AKG K7xx with E10k

nullI impulse bought schiit because everyone said the magni was good and I didn't want two mismatched boxes on my desk.
I would probably sell them last and wait for topping to get their new amp with low OI out the door.
I think the cth is probably fine and we know the sdac is good. The tube is just for show on the cth everyone says
Source is the last thing I care about but I want an hd600 and hd800.

Just EQ your HD 600, both feature the same drivers

I wanted them before, but I dunno if the mids are recessed on those. The fact that everyone says they have great soundstage while being closed makes me want to have them.

*6XX

Get some STAX. Better than all the crap on your table.

k

Yes, like nora jones, bob seger, and nora jones

Attached: 1363464403915.jpg (4950x3361, 1.99M)

reverse image searched but nothing

wait I meant

Interesting, might have mellowed you out, I listen to manly rock on my hd579's so I'm still an uncultured savage.

Decent clarity, good for sleeping in, grainy at low volume, proprietary connector. Good deal if you can find it for $20.

I was joking senpai, I mostly listen to jazz and a few good j-pop albums. A lot of my favorite music is poorly mastered, so it's a problem.

I bought a bunch of headphones but I still don't particularly want to survive my next night's sleep.
Did I buy the wrong dac you think?

that concert you went to a while back forever, ever so slightly, degraded your hearing abilities. you will never hear the full potential of your nice setup

Ah lel, yea man it's like watching a VHS copy on a 4k oled tv or something maybe, that's a pity.

Attached: download.jpg (268x268, 30K)

What's a better purchase, the Beyerdynamic DT 880 or the Sennheiser HD 599? And if it's the DT 880, the 32, 250, or 600 ohm resistance?

Attached: 1522443949861.png (512x614, 247K)

DT880

get 250 if you don’t have an amp, 600 otherwise

Was using iems for years but recently got over ear closed backs. Honestly, how many of you ACTIVELY use over ear closed backs, the leather pads get insanely hot after like 15 minutes.

Guys, I stopped getting sound out of the right channel in my MDR-V6, what the fuck do I do?

Buy Takstar Pro82's.

amazon.com/gp/product/B00HYH7HXA

Any good?

They're overreacting way too hard.

>Budget
below 100 prefered, 200 max.
>Location
US, FL
>Source
straight into my PC and maybe my PS4 controller.
>Type of headphone
Full Sized.
>Open or closed
Don't care
>Comfort level
comfy enough for long sessions of gaming
>Sound signature
don't care
>Past headphones
cheap $20 monoprice that are breaking apart right now.

ebay.com/itm/332453425993

use the 10% off coupon on front page of ebay

Whats best Bose qc35 or Sennheiser Pxc 550 or Beats solo 3?

For gaming, I'd go with the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X. Doesn't have much bass, but the soundstage is surreal, making it easy to tell where a sound is coming from in-game. $105 on amazon

Attached: 0315eeb1c2bc375620d08340b3d2fd23.png (2258x1200, 3.18M)

Could do worse, especially if you like the 3edgy5me design

Attached: 1440629729271.jpg (1400x875, 207K)

Boom Booms by Jamal Bass.

>Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X

Think I'm going to go with this. Just to ask now and not later, is there any upgrade (like a sound card or amp) I should make?

I'd rather fix mine.

No idea if it's the cable or something inside, though.

>his wearables aren't water-cooled

Nah, you won't really see any benefit. If you plug them into your PC and notice a lot of hiss, you can look into getting a better sound card or a basic USB dac/amp

Attached: giphy.gif (426x240, 363K)

Then you need to resolder everything in the earcup.

I tried reflowing where the cable connects to the left earcup but it didn't do shit. Could be the cable or the solder in the other earcup.
I'd rather not replace the cable myself though, I always fuck something up when soldering.

I need an audio card and a set of headphones with crystal clear sound to listen to all the background instruments and sounds which usually get muffled. Something that lets me listen to the accompanying theme next to the main one.
I usually listen to classical electronic music.

Attached: 695grthbt5a01.png (1440x2960, 3.87M)

stax sr-009

>classical electronic music
Wut. Like World's End Girlfriend's Hurtbreak Wonderland?

Also, please fill out the OP. Apparently, we can't ask you to post anime feet anymore, but we won't stop you if you do.

Attached: Hatsune.Miku.full.1783421.jpg (1000x706, 303K)

>his wearables aren't water-cooled
what did he mean by this?

Attached: 10d.jpg (960x925, 104K)

How the fuck do you place a bid in the Aleado Yahoo auction?

Who here
>thought they wanted bass
>lower the bass
>everything sounds much comfier now
never going back to niggerbass again bros

>thought I wanted neutral
>raise the bass
>it's not enough
Are you passing your lost melanin to me?

sorry man, I dont listen to niggatrap

Attached: 1516372848926.jpg (835x773, 109K)

INVEST IN BETTER FURNITURE

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1500626724116.png (1080x1920, 2.46M)

>buy hd600
Yes!

Looks like indo user managed to get his L300LE already from yesterday thread. I thought they are delayed?

love my headphones

Attached: 1512823456038.jpg (1963x2547, 3.16M)

Nico \o/

>headphones
Sennheiser HD600
>audio card
OL-DAC + O2

Some of them are. A couple have shipped from staxaudio, most from them and all from audiocubes are delayed until may.

You the new HD600 owner?
It turned out well to buy the meme, didn't it?

buy a pair of
takstar 82
k712 pro
and then a pair of good speakers

what the heck, are you copying me?

Attached: IMG_20180328_004327_HHT.jpg (2000x1500, 388K)

I was about to call you out but it looks like it was just NHA false flagging as you.

I got K702's and silver Takstars. Not copying you.

Don't forget the subwoofer, unless you can actually buy a full range set of speakers

If it doesn't play to 20 Hz, it's shit.

Feels dirty buying used headphones, but I got to have my holy grail the MA900's.

Fucking slut

Couple things.
>fucking slut
Redundant. If you're talking slut, fucking is implicit.
>umi
Is pure.

>If it doesn't play to 20 Hz, it's shit.
20hz is overkill, they cut everything down 40hz or down 30hz now
but having a subwoofer is very nice

I run an audio spectrum visualizer down to 15 Hz and up to 14 KHz, you'd be surprised how many songs are fairly active in the 20-30 Hz region.

hi :3 this is my setup, nice to meet you

Hmm... Thinking of cancelling my preorder since the first impressions don't look too good.

poorfags who can't deserve the 007 don't deserve decent headphones

Cute... takstar + k712?

Attached: 1511635032312.jpg (640x706, 98K)

get this sloot out of my headphone discussion

You might have been reading doujin, but she's canon pure.

Where are you getting impressions from? I've only seen a couple posts on head-fi from people who have them.

friends, what do you do when your headphones are still 100% functional but start to look very old? i.e. pleather peeling off from headband, plastic parts scratched, etc...

Hold on, is this pic technology related?

007 is even worse

Mostly from /hpg/

Nothing. Just enjoy them normally.
Unless there's functional issues; just replace the parts.
HD600 is tool-free full modular, making that real easy.

yes!

I've just seen Indo user's post and he didn't say they were bad, just not as good as the 700s. Hoping I read a few more impressions before mine ship.

>google DAC amp recommendations
>shiit shiit shiit shiit shiit shiit shiit shiit

Why in the fuck would I do that? Total waste of money

It's called having pride in your living situation

Yeah I don't though so its a total waste of money and besides no one sees my furniture but me