Post your questions here

>for Linux or Read >search
ddg.gg/lite

redirect new friends creating their own threads with >previous

>irc
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=sqt
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/sqt

no self bump

Attached: 1512405392027.jpg (163x250, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS!rfn&threatid=2147692752
msi.com/power-supply-calculator
outervision.com/power-supply-calculator
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are these security cams? Theyre all over the walls at my new job

Attached: Snapchat-988912524.jpg (934x1920, 102K)

microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS!rfn&threatid=2147692752

Windows Defender keeps alerting me to the fact that I have KMSpico installed, even though I've whitelisted it. How do I make it stop doing that? Or did I miss a thing to whitelist?

Attached: Capture.png (493x508, 15K)

Laptop died completely, hard drive is still good and I'd like to get my data off of it. Is there anyway for me to get the data off an encrypted hard drive? I've got the hard drive all hooked up but I can't see anything on it obviously.

WTF are these AP():123:45:678:910 snippets that keep getting posted?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1518327271730.png (2765x3541, 475K)

Is it important to enable scripts when using startpage?

Only asking because there doesnt seem to be a dedicated tablet general. Im looking for the best tablet to read ebooks on, particularly epub files as I have an enormous library of them, a few of which I even purchased from legitimate sources if you can believe it.

I will honestly take anything as long as I can easily transfer epub files from my computer onto the tablet and read them without jailbreaking or rooting of any kind. I used to have a kindle fire that fit the bill but the only good epub readers only worked with amazon purchases and even then did not index a library well. causing me to have to navigate through a shitty file manager to each individual book

Attached: 1502852609202.gif (371x366, 2.26M)

format it. If you are ridiculously paranoid about the feds recovering data from it format it multiple times. Alternatively just take a hammer to it and buy a new one because hdd's are cheap as fuck nowadays

I have an old Dell mini 10v with an Intel Atom 1.6ghz, 2GB ram, 80GB SSD and Intel GMA 950. Wanting to use it for work as a computer I can just throw into my bag for on site networking and VoIP installs. Configuration of switches, routers, telephony gear, asterisk PBXes, testing of printers, network and internet connectivity. Some things I can SSH or telnet into, some I can use a serial dongle, but some will require use of a browser so I'm looking for suggestions on a lightweight linux, WM and browser recommendation. Would also be nice if I could play some music through it using cmus or whatever, but it's not very important.

There's nothing illegal on it, I just have some files I didn't back up that I'd like to recover if at all possible. Just some college shit and pictures.

oh I misunderstood, If its encrypted and you no longer have access to the EFS certificate (which you likely dont if the rest of your computer is fried) you are pretty fucked as you simply need the decryption key

Why does Chrome slow to a crawl when I keep it open for a couple of days? It's not using too much memory.

for what purpose would you need a browser open for days at a time anyways? Chrome has issues running multiple things seeing as how it creates a separate instance for each individual process but I dont know why this would suddenly become a problem over time.

Are you serious? They're fucking emergency lights. Don't believe me? Search for "emergency lights".

You're boned because it's encrypted. It sounds like you didn't make a recovery USB drive. So, at best, you could (maybe) get the recovery key from the drive itself, and then use other software to use that recovery key to decrypt the data. Just do a lot of googling to figure that part out.

If the encryption used a TPM, you're fucked entirely.

Check out the Kobo ereaders. I've read they're a good alternative to Kindles.

Is there a way to sign up for a gmail account without them having to verify it by a fucking phone number? I think google has well enough of my fucking data, thank you.

Attached: 6l8bU74wTRj3J6xEd8iPxnBVzp7fk.jpg (792x211, 46K)

the phone is just for 2FA. you can skip that entirely but its going to ask you literally every time you log on

No. Everyone keeps saying that, but it literally wouldn't even allow me to continue without adding the phone number. It wants to send me a text/phone message to verify the account before I can finish registering. I'm NOT giving them one. What do I do? Just enter some bullshit numbers and maybe it will let me finish? I didn't enter anything before.

Have you tried to use Calibre to load them on the Fire as mobi files? It sounds weird regular Kindles work with epub->mobi conversions 100% transparently, but the Fire somehow requires Amazon store purchases.

Convert them to PDFs. epub and mobi files are fucking cancer.

Unless something changed there should be a "do this later" option or some shit. I know they made it a lot more difficult to have 2 fully separate google accounts so they may have required you to lock each onto a phone number now

Disgusting. I don't even like fucking google but someone is wanting me to uses docs for something and I can't without having an account. Fuck google straight to hell.

Reading ebooks as pdfs is fucking garbage. no thanks
I never had any issue with actually loading files onto my fire it just had a lack of a good third party epub reader. Almost all of my library is calibre converted to epub but I dont see how mobi files would have been any different in regards to file protection on the tablet. I literally just want a tablet that I can plug up to my computer, drag and drop files, and read them with a halfway decent ad-free ebook reader

>>>reddit/phoneverification/

>Reading ebooks as pdfs is fucking garbage. no thanks
What's the difference? They look the same, they're just more accessible by a greater number of devices with less funny formatting.

What?

Oh wow. Pay to fucking activate a fucking gmail account? I'd rather literally eat glass.

pdfs are locked into separate pages where as epub or mobi allow you to scroll through everything as one continuous piece which is far more comfy to read imo. At least when reading on a tablet that is

You can scroll PDFs too, ya dummy.

You just have to change the settings, I should say, because a lot of PDFs have scrolling turned off by default. You can make it always on though. You just have to hunt down the option.

your still scrolling through separate pages with things like resizing font not scaling the content properly on any of the programs ive used where as with epub files its all one continuous piece that you read.

For example if you convert a file to a pdf on a computer its going to be sized like your reading it off a regular piece of paper. When it gets resized to tablet size it fucks with the formatting and can make it jarring to read. If it was originally formatted as an ebook pdf then its alright but most easily accessible books are going to be in epub or mobi which just dont transfer to pds cleanly enough for my liking

Why is it that once or twice a week between 2 and 3am my internet will always drop out anywhere from a few minutes up to an hour. When I try to reconnect I always get:
"The DNS server is not responding"
Resetting the modem/router doesn't fix it and it'll usually fix itself after a few minutes to an hour as mentioned earlier. Is this some kind of normal reset procedure the ISP does or something? I have Crapcast if that matters.

I'm using an Ergodox with a teensy loader. Recently, it's began to only properly work in Edge, but not Chrome or a fresh install of FF Nightly. It seems to work fine in non-browser software. Why is that? How do I fix it?

if its routine its on your isp's side. give them a call

use google DNS

All ISPs are in the habit of doing this shit now. Have been for about 5+ years. It will never stop. It's the new shitty normal.

>but I dont see how mobi files would have been any different in regards to file protection on the tablet
It has nothing to do file protection, Amazon just doesn't like epub for whatever reason and refuse to recognize it. You can load unencrypted mobi files on a Kindle all day long and they just show up in the library.

I want to start a mpd server on my computer and then attach to it from my phone.
What would be a good app/way of doing this?

Do I need to connect my computer to a modem/router in order to get fast internet? Like my thinking is since the modem already connects to the dsl thing, shouldn't the speed be the same? plz no bully I'm not well versed on these things.

Attached: 1494612623378.jpg (841x1164, 119K)

Shiet mine too i live in 3rd world desu, it randomly freeze it says connected on pc/laptop even router. But i couldn't even get any web to load.

Depends how good the WiFi is, if it's old (802.11g) then probably yeah.
If it's new (802.11n/ac) then you're okay. You can still get fast speeds over WiFi.

Still, nothing beats the reliability or speeds of an Ethernet cable.

How would I go about to setup my webcam as a "surveillance cam" that is connected via my computer.

Right now, I am using OBS to record the webcam. Is this the only decent option? It's a Logitech C270

Attached: 1521669328521.png (394x450, 17K)

What field is easier to get into without a degree; software development, web development, or IT?

Attached: virtue.jpg (640x640, 121K)

So can I just enter a made-up bullshit number or is there a way to do this and just not verify the account or something?

Attached: please help.jpg (849x565, 64K)

I was cleaning my computer and I might've fucked my shit up. My mouse pad basically acts as a zoom, opening up a discord server results in it redirecting it to opening it up in chrome, the mouse wheel is now zooming the page instead of scrolling.
Idk what I pressed when cleaning the keyboard but it fucked everything up

Attached: 1488260011717.jpg (411x412, 26K)

I forgot. Everytime I open a link, it opens up a new tab.

Now it doesnt even let me click to reply to my posts. I have to copy paste it

pls help

check control panel and accessability settings for keyboard. You might've accidentally triggered a setting that locks modifier keys (ctrl, shift) etc

idk

have you tried restarting computer or replugged the keyboard and mous?

>the mouse wheel is now zooming the page instead of scrolling.
>Everytime I open a link, it opens up a new tab.
Probably one of the control keys is fucked. Press them down a few times in case it's stuck

Thanks user, I don't know how to figure out which kind of wifi I have but I guess a quick google search will help.

Easiest way is to look up the model of your modem and check the specifications
Then look up the model of your laptop/phone and check their specs.

What program is best for text to speech to voice?

I just shut down it down instead of a restard and everything is fine now. Funny thing is I checked those earlier and nothing was out of the ordinary.

Goddamn I cant speak english
I preformed a shutdown instead of a restart*
>inb4 doublepoast

thanks again man, really helped me out

Just started learning and am tackling the fizzbuzz meme.
This won't run and I can't figure out why, it is probably a dumb mistake. Any pointers?

for(let counter=1;counter

Instagram keeps adding people idk to my follows
the people it adds are completely random, from some teenagers to korean chicks on private accounts to fishing blogs, and it's by the dozens a day

pls help me stop it

Attached: IMG_20180403_210518.jpg (2048x1536, 622K)

>counter+=
I thought it was counter++ when I learned it

I'm cleaning up my local server and deleting a bunch of old or redundant databases in mySQL, I was trying to drop several at once with
DROP DATABASE DB1, DB2, DB3, DB4;
but it didn't work so I was forced to use
DROP DATABASE DB1;
DROP DATABASE DB2;
etc...

yet I'm reading that the former is supposed to work, am I going full retard ?

you are correct, it should be +=1 or ++ my bad
still won't work

I want to have a single computer that can be remotely accessed by multiple computers concurrently to view whats on the screen. Possibly 20ish users, all locally connected.

Whats a good solution thats free and would not require it to leave the lan

You mean like streaming ?

Idk what language thats in but here is C. Just wrote it
int main(void) {
for (int i = 0; i

I plan on installing arch, i have been reading, do i need to get a bootloader?

team viewer

javascript

Check your if statments
//if theyre both factors
//print fizzbuzz
//if else its a factor of 3
//print fizz
//if else its a facotr of 5
//print buzz
//else
//print the number

idk about java but c is pretty anal about statments

To add, your first if statement shouldn't contain the others.
there should be 4 of them
if(){
}
else if{
}
else if{
}
else{
}

Ubuntu's final beta comes out tomorrow, is it really a bad idea to install it before it releases later this month? I mean, it's not THAT risky right?

Bro, just about any distro will do the job, speaking from someone who has run a 200k hits/day phpbb3/wordpress site on 64mb ram.

Antix will use 60-90mb ram and it's literally debian stripped down.
LinuxLite uses 110-140?mb ram, literally ubuntu stripped down
bunsenlabs, 160-180~mb ram, another strip of ubuntu/debian

With that cpu/ram ratio, it doesn't matter if you use gnome3/kde5, instead, use a longterm version of ubuntu/debian/[insertdistronamehere]

YES

Is there any way for me to filter out posters by Country on Jow Forums on Vanilla Jow Forums?

Some fucking pedo keeps posting disgusting pedo shit and I want to filter him out. The easiest way I can think of would be by country since I'm pretty sure that he'd be the only poster from Spain. I've done it on 4chanX on Google Chrome, but I don't use Chrome very much, so does anyone know if you can do this on vanilla Jow Forums? (I use Opera browser and Jow Forums X isn't supported)

The javascript resource I am using nested else ifs into the if
Will try that out later anyways. Thanks

gain 1337 hax and block spainish people from posting on the chans
or send a tip to spanish law enforcement
or use ff

>Spanish law enforcement
Sadly I don't think it would get him thrown in jail, its lolicon shit and I doubt Spanish law covers it.

If I connect to an NA VPN from europe will I have low ping if I join an NA server in games

Attached: 704f3ab.jpg (1932x1418, 280K)

>if i send my packets to america, will my ping be different than if i sent my packets to america?

#include // for std::cout and std::endl

void sayHello()
{
std::cout x;
sayHello();

std::cout y;
std::cout

ok so it seems i do need a bootloader, i have a bios, i will likely use grub
do i need a wired internet connection to install it?

Assuming I have a perpetual license for originpro 8 I got when I was a student, should I simply keep using that or should I bother learning matlab? mostly in the case I have to work with other people who might not have origin

>sudo chmod -R 000 /
Would this work on centos or debian?

Attached: 616d733990c72ebcc57329a0b8a8d8d38ddbb8690fc1dd58c929ee857e69a000.png (793x1023, 1.12M)

Any suggestions for a download manager? I've not even bothered to get torrents working on this Linux machine yet.

>benchmark GPU at stock clocks to get baseline
>increase, stress test, bench, repeat
>get to an unstable clock, back off to stable
>run bench
>performance worse than what I recorded for that clock speed earlier and that I proved to be stable
>remove OC entirely and benchmark the card at its default state again
>benchmark is significantly worse than the baseline
What did my computer mean by this

Anyone found that Jow Forums's broken again if you're blocking third party scripts? The fix from when hiroshimoot added the questionable third parties and tried to force you to allow them in the style sheet has broken for me.

transmission

OK so I'm trying to print this book from a pdf file and my computer is taking forever. It fucking hangs while it counts up to 300 something pages and I can't do anything on it but wait for the thing finish. It still hasn't actually printed anything yet. Wtf is going on? Is it my computer? It's a piece of shit yes but I googled and it seems many people have problems with slow printing large pdf file so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Attached: 51bA4EWuifL._SX298_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (300x499, 36K)

Is it dangerous to hold your breath underwater?

Maybe you could try printing like page 1-100, then 101-200, etc until it's done

It's more dangerous to not hold your breath.

That fix was only useful for like the day and a half before ublock was updated.

Iwas reading online that you can pass out and die if you're not careful. I used to when I was a kid all the time swim underwater and see how long I could hold my breath but it makes me think like... maybe I shouldn't be do thing that kind of stuff

Got new job and they want me to make essentially a wiki page for their research group. Need to be able to store and authenticate usernames and password, store files that users can request to download (mostly pdf or zip). And then the page itself needs to be blog-esc for all the different projects and then a nice search engine to tie everything together.

How the FUCK do I approach this? I know Python and fucking R, can I get this done using a VPS and Django; if so what hosting service and shit do I use, and how do I begin developing; please help tech qizard friends!!

Not but does Transmission also support regular downloads ? Looking for something like Internet Download Manager or Free Download Manager without ads and botnet.

So are things working for you? The website is completely broken for me again, and I have no idea why. Happened a couple of days ago.

I need to buy a PSU for my computer. How can I know what outputs it has got, and what outputs I need?

9 times out of 10 its just your problem. Disable everything except uBo. Make sure it's on the latest edition, updated filters, no custom rules. Then start adding your other extensions back on and see if any of them break it.

well check your GPU and CPU for recommended wattage but generally 500-750w is what you should go for in most cases.

Half of hardware manufacturers have a psu calculator on their website.
msi.com/power-supply-calculator

I installed Arduino IDE in ubuntu by downloading the files and using the .install script

When I restart my computer, the IDE is gone no where to be found. What is uninstalling it ?

I wasn't talking about wattage, I meant MOLEX and stuff. I don't know anything about it. MOLEX is old, right? The cables and their outputs.

Come to think of it, I don't know the wattage either. Many calulators tell me I need "x" wattage, but if I want to overclock, how much larger wattage do I need? How can I know what wattage I will need when overclocked? The parts I have pull a lot of power.

Sounds that way, something must've updated. I'll give it a go.

Use one of the already existing open source ones as a base?

Well, you calculate the type and number of outputs required by reading the technical descriptions of your parts, then find a corresponding PSU, dummy. Be careful, MOLEX still exists in modern computer parts (ex : stock case fans).
This is better (MSI website is broken, never trust a PSU manufacturer power supply calculator) for wattage.
outervision.com/power-supply-calculator
You may try for further questions about overclocking.

>I wasn't talking about wattage, I meant MOLEX and stuff.
Read the PSU specs. If you don't know what connectors you need, download the manuals for the parts you're looking at.
>Many calulators tell me I need "x" wattage, but if I want to overclock, how much larger wattage do I need?
Try one that's not retarded? outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

The rule of thumb for overclocking is power consumption goes up linearly with change in clock speed and quadratically with change in voltage. Most likely you'll run out of cooling or VRM before the power supply is an issue. Unless you're trying to save like $1k+ by slapping shit together yourself and not doing any research.