Surface Book 2

Which is better? The 15 inch model or the 13 inch model?

Attached: microsoft_surface_book_2_15_inch_38.jpg (724x407, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/8/10/16125294/microsoft-surface-consumer-reports-hardware-freezing-shutdowns-problems
theverge.com/2017/8/14/16142490/microsoft-surface-consumer-reports-memo-return-rates
lifehacker.com/5938332/how-to-run-mac-os-x-on-any-windows-pc-using-virtualbox
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Which one do you want fucktard

They both have pros and cons shithead. I just like to hear the opinions of supposedly technically adept strangers.

the 15 inch has the gtx 1060, which makes it more viable for gaming.
other than that, the size is the only difference

oh, and i think the 15 inch has an extra fan in the tablet part, so it won't throttle as much (again, mainly for gaming)

Why would someone buy a Surface for gaming?
What the fuck, /v/

Doesn't the 15 inch drain battery faster than the power brick can recharge it while gaming? Does that happen with most games?

This isn't a consumer technology review board, faggot. Sounds like you should be watching a LinusCuckTips review.

the thing the book has going for it is it can do a lot of things. it could replace a tablet, a cintiq (barely) and a gaming laptop.

from what i heard it drains so little this is only a problem if you play for 10+ hours straight

They are literally the same. One is bigger.
It's not that hard.
(Neither is particularly "usable" in tablet mode, so don't bring that in as if it's a factor.)

>literally the same

>gtx 1050
>gtx 1060

If I can use one of the older thinkpad convertibles in tablet mode when the only input is the pen and buttons on the screen then I guarantee you I would not have a problem using a surface book 2 in tablet mode.

Some buddy who bought that high-end one said that the dock fails to keep it fully charged while you're gaming.

Also the latest updates screwed some features, I think.

>25% failure rate on Surface devices

There is no way Microsoft pulled another rrod. There is no way to accurately measure this because Microsoft would lie through their teeth and surveys would be biased towards people upset about their laptop.

theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/8/10/16125294/microsoft-surface-consumer-reports-hardware-freezing-shutdowns-problems

>Consumer Reports is stripping its “recommended” badge from Microsoft’s entire lineup of Surface PCs because the hardware was found to be “significantly less reliable than most other brands.”

>In a survey of 90,000 tablet and laptop owners, Consumer Reports found that roughly 25 percent of Surface users have encountered “problems by the end of the second year of ownership.” Those problems include freezing, unexpected shutdowns, and touchscreen response issues. Reuters reported on the latest Consumer Reports reliability study, which was published on Thursday.

>“These conclusions are based on our breakage rate estimates for laptops by the end of the second year of ownership, gathered from subscribers' experiences with 41,304 laptops purchased new between 2014 and the first quarter of 2017,” the nonprofit publication wrote. This is not the kind of chart that Microsoft wants to see:

theverge.com/2017/8/14/16142490/microsoft-surface-consumer-reports-memo-return-rates

>In a leaked chart, return rates for Surface Book hit around 17 percent during its launch period, and remained above 10 percent for six months. Surface Pro 4 return rates also reached around 16 percent during launch, but dropped below 10 percent after just over a month. Conversely, Surface Pro 3 launched with 11 percent return rates that quickly dropped below 10 percent and have remained at roughly 5 or 6 percent throughout its lifetime. The Surface Book has suffered from consistently higher return rates than any other Surface product throughout the nearly two years it has been on sale.

OK, literally almost the same except with one minor difference.

Attached: 1060_1050.jpg (1036x269, 98K)

I'd get the 15 inch with a 4 year third party warranty on Amazon. Dont fall for the only 1080+ GPUs are capable of 4K. meme. 1060 is good enough for 4k 60 fps at low to med settings. It can definetly run anything pre late 2013 at 4k. If you really want something else I'd get the Surface Book with Performance Base at around less than half the price. Surface Books have good batteries and charge quick. Obviously have the best aesthetics and good pen support. It also has a built in One wireless controller antenna.

Attached: surface-book-i7-13.jpg (1920x1280, 233K)

Pro-tip. I wouldn't have thought of a 3rd party warranty.

Youre going to need it.

I have the 15". I find 13" laptops to be too small. I use it in tablet mode for drawing and regular mode for development. It outputs successfully to my 4k tv. The only game I play is dwarf fortress but it does that fine.

Nobody is going buy a Surface for gaming. They buy it for other shit, but being able to play vidya is a nice plus.

Besides, having a discrete GPU is nice even if you don't game.

The 15 inch model is 15-13=2, 2 inches larger than the 13 inch mode. This means that you get a larger screen, which is preferable for some.

were you ever able to dual boot macos on a surface book? I use windows mainly but I need mac to export unity projects to ios and ipad

Check out lifehacker.com/5938332/how-to-run-mac-os-x-on-any-windows-pc-using-virtualbox

If you're just doing a final export then performance shouldn't be relevant.

guess I didn't even consider that ty

You can get a Spectre x360 with an AMD Vega chip and save $1400.

id also just get the 256 GB model, go on ebay and buy a 2TB 960 and have a repair shop install it.

MacBook Pro