Make project

>make project
>lots of interest
>abandon project because "muh free time"
>call everyone who asks for updates entitled even when they offer to help in some way
Why do people defend open sores communities? This shit is worse than forums we've had 10+ years ago

Attached: firefox_2018-04-04_14-11-33.jpg (760x530, 227K)

>open source
>not just creating your own fork for features you would like
Dunno, definitely looks like entitled pricks to me.

no one has to listen to any maintainer ever. The code is there, fork it, change the name and now you are the maintainer

>just make your own lmao
where exactly does the "community" part come into play here?

idk this is how it was and how it will remain

Came here to post this. Being able to fork is one of the key points of open source projects.

>Why do people defend open sores communities?
i never have

People don't. Only freetarded zealots do, but for most persons out there open sores is irrelevant.

Why would he want the burden of reviewing people's PRs? If he doesn't want to work on it he shouldn't have to. Just make a fork of it if you want new features, that's the magic of FLOSS.

why does he bother commenting on the repo he doesn't feel like contributing to anymore?

>QQ
>Why won't they do what I say for free?

Why should he take abuse from whiny users on his projects?

>abuse
lol, you missing some drama in your life that badly?

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

when YOU STEP THE FUCK UP AS A MEMBER OF THAT COMMUNITY

lmao

it means you're over exaggerating on someone kindly asking for some more support/help while also offering help (covering cost of hardware)

>anotherannoyeduser
>my hardware is too new
>its a major problem
>its been over half a year
Maybe abuse is a strong word to use, but he is definitely trying to make the maintainer feel guilty.

>while also offering help
He only mentioned helping in his second post, he just sounds like another entitled user before actually offering help.

>my hardware is too new
to bring some light onto this, it's a project for making the PS Move sticks work with PC and supposedly there are 2 versions of it(or they mean the PS4 ones), with the newer one having some changes in the protocol so that's the whole issue here
>it's a major problem
yes it sure is because the old ones are getting harder to find
>it's been over half a year
I don't see how that's not a concern, last commit was in Jan 1st

What's your point anyway? Are you saying that people should be required to maintain their code for the rest of their lives?

no, I'm saying stop being a fucking cunt fishing for virtual hugs while namecalling others

You're anotherannoyeduser aren't you

So you'd rather he didn't share his code in the first place? Do you realize how retarded that sounds?

yes user, you found me out, now how will I ever recover

this man needs to investigate the jfk assassination

Shouldn't you be barking at Sony for not providing proper support in the first place? What exactly are you trying to achieve here?

>sony providing support for anything on PC
why bother, after all these years everyone should know to not expect such a thing
this is an open sores hate thread

>some guy does shit for free
>he has to keep doing it forever or else

>this is an open sores hate thread
Well you're doing a great job, keep it up.

Attached: 1497097954408.jpg (267x323, 7K)

>i just wasted my money because I'm too retarded to do my research
>i know! let's blame it all on the open sores community instead!

Attached: 1506337616957.jpg (320x322, 11K)

but I'm not that guy, I don't even use this software

Attached: 1448131827598.jpg (500x500, 42K)

Both sides are wrong in this situation.

anotherannoyeduser should have led with the "material investment" bit, instead of only stating his complaints at first, and then only mentioning it after getting told off. Then at least he's offering a solution and not just a problem.

The owner also shouldn't have responded with such a snarky, base comment. They could simply say they currently don't have time to work on the project, or give a reason why. And if they don't feel they need to explain themselves to random users online, they shouldn't have responded at all.

when the community forks and continues the project

>The owner also shouldn't have responded with such a snarky, base comment.
Actually he did the right thing.
Giving the finger is the right thing to do to demanding fuckpuppets.

Are you this fucking retarded? Read this again

Your notion of community is a bit funny. I don't see that the original developer owes anything to anyone. If anything it's the other way around.

The problem isnt the foss community, its great if you know what to expect.

The problem is the proliferation of github "resumes". These people abuse the foss community by creating something then putting it on github for their resume. They never had intentions of contributing to the community, they just do it because it is how you get a job.