Does anyone use these?? I never see any builds on Jow Forums or youtube channels that make use of one...

Does anyone use these?? I never see any builds on Jow Forums or youtube channels that make use of one. Did any of you anons bother to install one? None of the cases I've bought in recent years have come with one.

Attached: 8d2064aaa80504b2674052686523f157d1eed2bd_large.jpg (600x600, 15K)

i use them to make sure the pc isn't fucked up and still boots into bios without needing to check on a display.

>he doesn't desolder these from any motherboard he finds

Attached: 1500130407650.png (1280x720, 673K)

This is super autistic but I use one because I like the way the beep sounds. So much more satisfying than a happy Mac or bong.

Some MOBOs nowadays have a 2 digit LCD display on them that will display various codes to let you know if it's functioning properly or what went wrong during boot.

Attached: ECS Z97-Machine (10).jpg (1024x577, 369K)

this is interesting. haven't seen one yet. though last computer i built was ~6 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get one of these in Australia???

What would be the point you fuckign weebawoo?

Attached: 41.jpg (474x530, 44K)

I built my current desktop computer in 2014 with a Gigabyte MOBO that has one of those 2 digit displays built in. There's a big list of possible error codes and what they correspond to in the manual, it's a lot more descriptive than the 4-5 different beep patterns that the MOBO's with a speaker puts out. I've never had to use that feature thankfully but it's pretty nifty.

Because the power on beep is fucking obnoxious.

>being this assblasted by a single short beep

It never beeps for me when I boot mine on. Although the case did only cost 20 bucks

Mobos don't come with piezo beepers anymore, still i use my old one because i am used to the beeps since 486 era. They are shit quality compared to good old proper internal pc speakers

Is this shit any useful?

Attached: China_PC_diagnostic_card_PC_tester_card20104131003241.jpg (500x501, 35K)

>Some MOBOs nowadays
>nowadays
Nigga it's been a thing for at least 20 years, probably more

Fuck off it's not that common

I didn't say it's common. It's never been common. Still isn't, unless you buy gaymer shit.

Mine is a quick high pitched chirp (sabertooth 990fx 2.0) and I wish it was a deeper BEEP like the 486s of old

It's fucking annoying without the speaker when someone calls you and goes halp muh computer won't boot and doesn't even have a speaker for beep codes.

That said, my computer doesn't beep it chirps.

I just came across mine still in the bag of gubbins after 7 years while cleaning my tower. Wont install it unless i need to. Probably a botnet.

>PC slowly dies unable to start unless with multiple hard resets to the point it will no longer past post or get to bios
>6 beeps meaning a keyboard controller failure
>buy new mobo
>PC now boot loops and won't even boot
>Test every component besides the CPU, the one item I wanted to replace last

Yeah, the little shit sent me on a dead end and I still have don't have a working computer.

I have one on my pc.

I use an older case that has this speaker built into the front. I like the little chirp it gives when the machine turns on, makes me happy.

Pic related, the speaker is that small grill on the front panel.

Attached: serveimage (1).jpg (533x650, 28K)

yeah why not it's just a short beep, it can be useful it something is fucked up

I do. My current case didn't come with one, so I ripped one from some old case I had.

Why other good diagnostic hardware you people recommend?

You said it's a thing, that implies it's somehow common

>Nowadays
My current build has an old as fuck evga motherboard and i7 920. It has one, also it displays realtime Mobo temp in °C

No, unless you get a kick of repairing ancient hardware. Most modern motherboards either lack PCI slots entirely or have them connected via a bridge that doesn't output POST codes, and anything old enough to have native PCI/ISA is usually not worth repairing.

Never used a single beep code speaker ever. Either my motherboard has a digital readout to give me a code, or the PC booted first try and never had a single issue.

Is there anything that's good enough for new motherboards?

They're useful when you have a problem.
Only premium MB's have a display.

You lucky motherfucker