I will graduate at age 26/27 with a degree in CS

I will graduate at age 26/27 with a degree in CS.

How fucked am I?

Attached: KALsRHv.jpg (1073x1333, 132K)

If you don't have a GitHub full of side projects then you might as well just use your degree to wipe your bum

I'm 30 on a paid internship. I graduate next year and have already been accepted to grad school. My grades are better than the majority of the the early 20's kids.

You're fine if you are putting in the effort.

Just as fucked as someone graduating at age 22

You were fucked the moment you were born tbqh

Attached: 1522360573325.webm (720x392, 2.08M)

Worked fine for me. Don't worry about it, but do start some side projects regardless.

Protip: they aint. If you care about education and actively participate in extra curriculars, you should be good. A degree gets you nothing. A resume full of consistent learning, like competitions and such, along with your degree (a fancy cert) you should be good.

I'm assuming you posted that pic because you're a footfag. I just wanted to drop by to tell you that foot fetish is shit tier. There's legit no logical reason for it's existence.

Not as fucked as someone the same age graduating with a degree in IT.

>t. me

This!!

what the hell is that webm

holy shit internship @ 30 what the fuck have you been doing with your life?

Living has a 100% chance of death. This is a proven fact.

I have no other hobbies than drinking beer and playing video games. 2.9GPA

Severly depressed and have horrible social anxiety.

Someone will hire me right?

Less fucked than me. I'm graduating at that age with a degree in computational math, no internships and no projects outside of class. I guess I'll be working at Starbucks.

what the fuck was this from?

Fuck off out of my thread, everyone does different shit with their life and doesnt go the cookie cutter route and has other shit to sort out.

Movie called Happiness
t. /tv/fag

Did a different degree and ended up hating the work related to it, so I decided to restart. Paid internship isn't really much different than junior dev.

You can always get a job in QA, but that will likely worsen your depression.

what degree did you start with?

Become a network engineer programming means you'll compete with lots of people and be under scrutiny.

Depends if you have work experience or not.

I'm in the same boat, though that's because I started working in IT from when I was 19 instead of going to uni right away. By the time I'm done with my degree I'll have about 7 years of industry experience and still be under 30.

Do you make fun of people who lose their virginities at that age too?

Chemistry.

>mfw I'll never look at that pic and think it's not attractive
how do I get rid of it g?!
I don't want to be a weirdo

Shitty part time jobs and being a NEET. I have no friends or family so if I can't find a decent job I will just kill myself i guyess

Well maybe i'll be your coworker bro. We can make some sick coffee!

Holy Shit I should have watched Spider-Man 2.1

>fall for the Jow Forums CS degree meme
>can't get a job
>lie and say I have active directory and windows administration experience and apply for sys admin jobs
>get a job within the week
I also wasted 3 years of my life on a expensive piece of paper OP, still waiting for the day I use all that calculus they taught me.

I'll just lie and say I'm 23 or something. I look like I'm 21 right now at age 25.

I have PhD did 12 years - market rate for Security is great for me

Attached: 1520793308395.jpg (2000x1328, 389K)

I am using that Calculus in TensorFlow, user and I am just in the 2nd semester.

Can you do crypto shit?

Super good.

Get a shitty job anywhere in IT and you'll be eligible for any promotion ever. Just get work experience, you'll be making 6 figures in 10 years at least.

why do they need to know your age?

disgusting footfag

Will graduate next year at 33 with mine. Already have a BA. Got to escape my current career. Maxed out around 55k in a low col area.

Good luck user.

What will you GPA be? Will you graduate with honors or anything? What types of jobs are you looking for? How is your schools reputation according to a person who does HR? Do you know anyone in the industry?

Have fun writing your really primitive 101 tutorial tensorflow models while a software engineer imports a SVM or uses keras and achieves a better result than you in 1/100th of the time. What you're doing isn't useful unless you plan on doing a PhD.

>How screwed am I?
Why would you think you are screwed?

Shit I did the same thing
Graduating at 26/27 in CS like OP also. It's fucking great, I have a shitload of experience in IT to fall back on and a pretty solid portfolio by the time I graduate.
Every time I think I fucked up going in IT first as my peers are already graduating I realize I have zero fucking debt and real work experience out the ass.

Attached: 1498239554199.gif (510x326, 1.01M)

maybe around 3.0. no honors. software engineering job. School is pretty good, don't know anyone.

Meh? Really depends on you. I'm going to be 34 next week, have only been a developer for 4 years, and make about 100k a year now. No degree. Wasted my 20s in the service industry, partying.

Being personable and friendly in an interview is often half of what gets you hired. You need to be good at it but you also have to be someone a hiring manager wants on their team.

In my current job, I did ok-to-good on the tech stuff, but I'm sure others were better than me. However, the hiring manager was also a developer, and we struck a good conversation hating on the "early adopt the newest JS garbage framework" attitude of the industry. Definitely the clincher.

>maybe around 3.0
Try as hard as you can keep it >= 3.0. Nobody asks for anything above that.
>software engineering job
Maybe try devops also if you aren't getting one after a while.
>School is pretty good
I've heard that if certain strings aren't present in a resume than it can be filtered out. A fun work around is to include MIT or something in size 1 font colored white text. But in this case you won't have to lie in this case.

Life happens, kiddo

University bitching thread?
University bitching thread.

I was technically supposed to have graduated by the end of this semester, but various variables including me being a lazy dumbass, me being a stressed out lazy dumbass, and me just now deciding to switch majors have me projected for at least 2.5-3 more years at a modest pace, two if rigorous and including summer.

My new major isn't going to be even tech related, but I'm switching my minor to digital forensics so at least I still have some of myself in technosphere. Anybody here who can share this situation with me?

Attached: 1487889014821.gif (250x188, 454K)

I always considered CS folks to be more towards the practical side of things, programming, ML, networking all that good shit. Im doing my bachelor's in electrical and cant really think about signals and circuits outside of my book.
In my third year, 2.8 CGPA, no real world experience (marginally better at programming than my peers tho), graduating at 23.
Reading everything here i guess im really really fucked, better start sketching again and try for art school i guess?

Joke on you I'm still virgin lmao

Currently taking a C programming class (Principles in system design, so not an intro) where the professor says our functions can’t be more than 5 lines long. Fucking bs.

Yeah those professors are a total pain, where they force the class to abide by an arbitrary "theoretical" method that doesn't really actually apply in practice.

The best professors are the ones that realize and understand that the world outside of academia doesn't revolve around their precise methods, rather, it revolves around whatever gets the job done and gets the job done fastest without breaking everything.

>A fun work around is to include MIT or something in size 1 font colored white text.
that sounds fucking hilarious

How do i even get connection in the industry anyways?
There's the head of research in my uni, he might have connection, but how to into those connections?
How far can i get with connections? How do i know what they want in the industry when i don't even know what my classmates want for lunch?

>theres no such things as internship

It's pretty simple, user. I'll give you a tl;dr

>befriend professors and/or your boss if job is relevant to future interests, but even if job isn't relevant as well
>use them as social bridges to meet other people as well as using them as resume references when applying to Internships or Co-Ops or other jobs in general
>?????
>profit

The most important part about it all isn't necessarily the people you know, it's about being proactive with the people you know. There's no point in knowing and befriending these people if you never talk to them. Talk and ask.

t. formerly proactive but now dormant and slightly depressed.

Why are you asking Jow Forums how fucked your future is?
That would be like asking a pessimist if he thinks it's going to rain today.

I'm graduating this term at 27. Job hunting has been hard but I don't see how age impacts it at all, I could be 22 or 30 and no one would know, they'll probably assume 23-24ish based on my resume. Currently have one second stage interview, but I haven't got a single reply to any applications beyond that.

I finished masters at 26 and I was too old for most entry level stuff

I graduated at 26 with less than 3.0 gpa. I have 90k salary after 2 years of working and I got a job within 3 months.

I live in Egypt and if is going to rain thats a good fucking thing, of course is not going to rain you moron

>it's about being proactive with the people you know
shit, i don't even do that with my mom how am i gonna do that with people i don't really care about?

Force yourself. Otherwise you're doomed to mediocrity, or worse, failure. 100% serious btw. It's all about what you want in life though. If you're ok with that, more power to you. Just don't play Fox and the Grapes later on down the line when people told you exactly what to do and how to get there.

ya man relax and enjoy life! make sure u are doing want u wanna do and rest will come ez pz

if you have experience already, it's not that bad.

>Currently getting my degree in IT, but also have like 8 years Experience.

at least you can fap to girls feet through the Internet

I really hope you spent your best years as NEETs having fun because I would consider suicide under such situation
Github portafolio always saves ass imo

I'm in the same situation as OP. What kind of side projects should I work on? I don't even know where to look for said projects.

Y V A N E H T N I O J

Just work really fucking hard, don't be dumb, and you'll be fine.
I graduated from CS at 34 3 years ago. I make 150k now, and I like my job.

I think the only way a side project is going to really matter is if it's actually impressive in some way.
The only way it's going to be impressive is if you actually care about it and can talk about it authoritatively at interviews. The key is to find a problem you actually want to solve.
If you can't think of anything, honestly you might be in the wrong field.