Lineage OS rant thread

>Lineage OS rant thread
Okay, if you run Lineage OS I'm sure that you heard of the latest April Fools "joke". Basically the great devs over at LOS decided it'd be a good idea to give a windows-virus-like dialog message of " this software has been compromised, please agree to mine LOScoin".

This definitely did not look like a joke. It looked to me like LineageOS servers were hacked and a counterfeit nightly was pushed. After freaking out for several hours and starting to backup my user data (assuming it wasn't compromised), I hopped on the web on a different device and realized it was some kind of sick prank.

I take privacy and security very seriously, and up until now it's felt like LineageOS has too. What are your thoughts user? Am I (and a number of others) taking it too seriously?

>pic related

Attached: Screenshot_20180404-214121.png (1080x1920, 1.53M)

Other urls found in this thread:

aospextended.com/team/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You are autistic bro.

Thanks user. You know I've been thinking that maybe I am an autist. Ever since my mom told I was fucking retarded, I've been thinking of seeking out medical help. Any suggestions on resources I can check out?

lel
i ditched LOS for AEX after my opo kept hard rebooting every other time i opened the camera
glad i never have to look back

This, AEX is better at giving the AOSP experience. It's even less bloated if you compare the firmware sizes.

AEX for my ZUK Z2 is only about 500mb while the stock ROM is about 1.2gb.

Lineage isnt supported on my device and I've been using a really old outdated version of cyanogen for far too long now, but I'm too lazy to find another rom

Unfortunately it's supported for nearly every moto device except for my g4 (athene). I have a slightly broken nexus 5x I'll try it on. Thanks for the suggestion.

or my moto x pure :^)

April Fools jokes played on users of serious software is fucking cancer

What device?

>take privacy very seriously
>uses a phone

this is literal autism

Attached: 1490466578848.gif (160x160, 177K)

What is AEX? I've never heard of it and I can't find any search results for it

AOSP Extended

You're just autistic, breh. LOS isn't even about security, use copperhead if you need that.

Thank you

Attached: 1509924426539.jpg (540x720, 92K)

Use an OS with a dev from a less "prank"-loving country. I use nitrogenOS from a Russian guy. The weekly lineageos updates were way too frequent.

If you take security and privacy oh so seriously why do you have automatic updates enabled?

There is absolutely no problem with Lineage os dear you are simply having a doubt. April fools gag joke was funy.

Attached: me_dear.jpg (533x800, 139K)

it's just autistic los devs trying to be hip.you can disable that shit from the notification and it will remain hidden and will be removed on next build. no need to do the cmd stuff as they suggested.
It is literally a pajeet ROM aospextended.com/team/

>OS weeds out the autists in the userbase
Noice

?
I didn't receive anything like that.

>Pajeet ROM
Dropped.
Any alternatives for lineage made by anyone but pajeets?

>tfw still using an abandoned Nougat ROM because it's the only custom ROM that fully supports stock camera
It's fast, has many features and everything I need works, so I'm not exactly complaining.

Attached: Screenshot_20180405-104942.png (1080x1920, 138K)

I didn't realize they actually released anything. But they had a blog post on their site talking about LOSCoins. Pretty funny IMO.

redpill me on stock camera

Just the camera from stock ROM. You get shit camera quality on custom ROMs otherwise. There's also gcam mod but it has nasty artifacts on OP5.

Not necessarily true, sometimes they have the same blobs so there shouldn't be any difference in quality. At least in theory.

OP5 do most of the processing in the camera app, and the camera depends on their framework, not camera blobs. Other camera apps work just like they do on stock ROM(pretty bad).

>use Copperhead

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-05-10-08-47-454_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x1863, 160K)

I have Lineage on my Note 4. Allows me to have an Android version higher than 5.1.1, but it comes with it's draw backs like not being able to record in 4k, and not full s-pen functionality.

Attached: Screenshot_20180405-030709.png (1440x2560, 508K)

It's not a prank you retard, it's a real message because your build of LOS hasn't been audited.
The LOScoin thing is the prank but it's separate. You should read the changelogs.

>gets pranked at April Fools
>completely falls for it
Maybe admit that it was a good prank and you were dumb for falling for it.

AEX, Dirtyunicorns, CypherOS and Paranoid Android are good ROMs

None, much less with the slight sense of actual support provided by Lineage
Most of them will tell you to fuck off if you ask for updates for CVEs because muh "don't ask for ETAs" , and will drop support for previous Android versions even if less than half of the HALs are functional on the latest builds

>I take privacy and security very seriously
>uses a smartphone
You're a deluded clueless retard

Autism. The first thing you do in this scenario is check the internet. Especially if it's 1st of april.

>using this shit after the cygnos debacle

I use free software to control my OS rather than my OS controlling me. April fool's jokes are fine as long as they don't temper with my software in any way. I don't care if it's just a harmless joke.

Paranoid Android , Dirty Unicorns.

Chink ROMs: Mokee, AOKP
Pajeet ROMs:CitrusCAF, CardinalAOSP,

explain?

>April Fools is April 5th

what about resurrection remix?

At this point I'd rather just get an iPhone.

My nexus 9 received an update on the 4th, that's 3 date too late for an April Fool's joke, I honestly thought LOS's update servers got compromised

+ crDroid

thats fucking stupid, time to write an angry email to those dumbfucks

what alternatives can I choose?

howcome pajeets are experts on mobile phones when their country doesn't make any mobile phones or any significant apps
they always seem to be experts in phone dev sites, knowing intricate details about obscure android and ios things

is it because of call centers?
why are indians naturally gifted at communication and networks?

hotmail was invented by a pajeet
so was email