Is learning html5, CSS and mySQL difficult? I want to create a website...

Is learning html5, CSS and mySQL difficult? I want to create a website. How much time will it take me to create something similar to reddit or Jow Forums. Are there any advice? Work hard?

Attached: 1516965673333.png (1082x695, 503K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/4JVjS02b
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn
w3schools.com/
w3schools.com/html/default.asp
w3schools.com/css/default.asp
w3schools.com/sql/default.asp
tour.golang.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

please answer please

Nope, but in order to use mySQL with a website, you should also learn PHP, which is the most hated programming language on Jow Forums

Not difficult to get working but tricky to get secure.

To make something like Jow Forums, just use vichan or lynxchan.
It is awful to write yourself

Just use node and mongo my guy

Attached: Dumb_Frogposter.gif (576x324, 2.96M)

>JS meme frameworks

Consider suicide by JS

Why it is hated?
It's maybe my naivety talking but I want to learn/try things by myself. I want to create an imageboard based on the same concept but in France

There are prebuilt imageboard software packages dude.

You can learn all 3 of those in like a few days from w3schools.
I've learned most of my languages while doing semi-afk tasks in Runescape and it only takes a day or so to go through each of those

>french imageboard
>everyone is a frogposter

It will take as much time as it takes

Off you go little one

MySQL is absolute dogshit at actually keeping your data intact. Make frequent mysqldump backups.

Dumb reference poster

It will be tedious but its not really "hard", just time consuming, which I guess is in itself hard. The nice thing about web dev is you can learn as much as you need to do what you need and then build up from there. Although its way easier and quicker to just plagiarize someone else's code and use it for your project and tailor it to your needs.

To make something of decent quality from scratch is a very big task requiring a great deal of learning.

That said there are probably open source image board implementations you can use.

OP if you must don't use Javascript please

dear god, anything but this OP.

Attached: file.jpg (352x400, 15K)

>the absolute state of Jow Forums technology

Not really, we took 3 months to learn html, css, php, sql, php and javascript and built 2 web apps, shouldn't take too long if you have good source of information.

THIS -->
at first, just copy paste the shit out of a turtorial. after hand you will get some of the concept and basic commands. and soon enough things will look more clearer.

trying to learn things without a goal just wont work.

just set up the damn shit and take care of the problems as they come.

dont forget to make some mirrors along the way before fucking things up.

could make the server in a VM with like debian - apache (y. before buying domain.

Attached: 1517128077269.jpg (1920x1200, 411K)

bump

Not OP but I have a clear goal I want to create a cash flow with my website. I want to make the fastest money internet can make.

Take python + django. I think that 2 years for learning & coding should be enough.

This is how Jow Forums worked in 2010, it's probably more complicated now - pastebin.com/4JVjS02b
That's more than enough to get you started, have fun!

Remember to follow the SQL examples on here closely because they showcase exemplary security practices.

Best beginner guide
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn
Use Visual Studio Code and Chrome as developer tools.

Use Django or Rails if you actually want to make something that works. Also reddit has a fulltime team of Devs and that site still sucks, so unless you think you can perform better than actual professionals despite not knowing any of the languages you'd need, this is probably a nonstarter. If you want to learn web dev start small. make a shitty blog site or something and go from there.

Have a look at 4kev.org
It's a simple open source imageboard written in Php.
The code is on Github

Actually in 2k18 you don't need any skills to create a website, you just install wordpress, buy a cheap template and that's it.

use Joomla

>Work hard?
Work smart, not hard.

Attached: 1493224835677.jpg (4076x1376, 1.32M)

Jow Forums is unironically one of the easiest things to code.

The layout is simple. There are no user accounts and logon forms and passwords to store unless you implement mods.

Reddit is harder, given it doesn't have those advantages.

>Is learning html5, CSS and mySQL difficult? I want to create a website.
Nah, not really. SQL queries can be a bit hairy, but not insurmountable. Try torrenting that manga guide to databases if you've no experience at all. Maybe 3 months to get familiar with it to the point you're comfortable using it.

>in order to use mySQL with a website, you should also learn PHP
Take this user's advice, most cheap web hosting companies will throw in a LAMP stack so you don't have to worry so much, if you get things working in your test environment, it's simple to just upload your project to your web host and have it working with maybe only a few minor adjustments like changing the name and password for your database in your PHP code. The LAMP stack is pretty basic stuff you should know if you want to get into web apps, and then you can do the node.js/vert.x/whatever later on as you get more experience.

>Are there any advice? Work hard?
Research, research, research. Chances are most of the questions you will be asking have already been answered on stackoverflow or somewhere else, or /wdg/ here. And avoid jQuery, not only is it pretty much useless nowadays, it'll get in the way of you learning Javascript properly, which you will also probably need an understanding of.

It will take you literally a week if you spend at least one hour on each of them a day

>user accounts and logon forms and passwords to store
This is not hard at all to program.

this

Reinstalled server and saved /var/lib/mysql/
now i can't get my shit back

w3schools.com/
w3schools.com/html/default.asp
w3schools.com/css/default.asp
w3schools.com/sql/default.asp

Watch what you call me user

Attached: 1520526152136.png (512x512, 183K)

>its another "Jow Forums gets mad about JavaScript frameworks and MongoDB because they're too stupid to use then properly" episode

In our webdev course we made a basic version of reddit for our 4th exercise. So that was like 4 months of studying, but of course we didn't spend all the time studying webdev, we had other things to study aswell.
Also, pure js and html is quite easy, learning those frameworks is a pain in the ass tho.

>it's another "javascript shill trying to fit in but is easily spotted because of his retarded post as usual" episode

>Why it is hated?
Language got off on the wrong foot with both terrible design and implementation. Even today, new versions are decent for what they are but not great by any means. PHP is hard to break away from as a career path once you start. There are lot of low end and shit slinging jobs that aren't fun or satisfying.

Attached: 1355535874424.png (250x238, 79K)

It will go alright and won't be so difficult, but you can expect studying and working on it for a few months.

Of course, you can use other languages such as Python with a framework such as Flask for this job. But PHP is just as fine.

there is so much information ITT and elsewhere, it's no surprise people who ask here don't manage to do anything.
the problem with programming tutorials is that no one will tell you which ones are good and which ones are bad. the bad ones make you waste a lot of time, the good ones are usually harder, but will *teach* you as opposed of simply throwing info at you

oh, and btw, my suggestion is to learn Go ( tour.golang.org ), though my guess is that if you don't know how to program, it will be difficult to learn

Kek

Avoid the following:
PHP
Node
MySQL

Stick to the Mozilla tutorials, sqlite has the performance to run 95% of the worlds websites.

>reddit is harder
Those fags literally stored credentials as plaintext you disgusting subhuman mong

web programming is pretty gay

>doesn't know about Secure Tripcodes
Bet you think I'm using a trip now