How is this allowed? Isn't that illegal?

How is this allowed? Isn't that illegal?

Attached: Pull Request #6528.png (898x1513, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/linux-beats-internal-legal-threat/
landley.net/talks/ohio-2013.txt
github.com/ekeeke/Genesis-Plus-GX/issues/111
retroarchleaks.wordpress.com/2017/10/28/loganmc10-drama-part-ii/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Software copyright like this is fucking stupid.

It's retarded. Contributors hold copyright regardless of any copyright notice, unless they explicitly give it up in some way.

Attached: 1522943228540.jpg (440x960, 64K)

"Copyright (C) YYYY" means nothing.
It should be "Copyright 2018 " or "© 2018 " and then "Daniel De Matteis, Jean-André Santoni, Brad Parker, Alfredo Moclús"

This fucking guy

Attached: This makes for excellent copypasta.png (850x468, 42K)

It would be funny to fuck with the guy.

Amen.

zdnet.com/article/linux-beats-internal-legal-threat/

landley.net/talks/ohio-2013.txt

but why leave the other copy right notices in there? fucking dumb cunt

Copyright is automatic, you don't need a license. That said it's easier to deal with if you do have it. Kinda like "caution: do not eat paint" warning labels.

How ironic.
github.com/ekeeke/Genesis-Plus-GX/issues/111

Attached: ironic.png (888x851, 83K)

Holy shit this fucking guy. So mad at everything and everyone. Copyright is copyright, whatever twinaphex says

What a dick
I mean, he's right 'cuz your name and email remain in git log if you need some kind of appreciation but this is fucking savage

>I cannot stand 'exceptions' being made for key ideological tenets.
what a fucking hypocrite.

Attached: file.jpg (596x505, 84K)

Top fucking kek:

Does anybody take seriously a loser from Ukraine who keeps his Dreamcast emulator source closed source? Answer me that.

A loser at that who expected the rest of Europe to confront Russia in World War 3 for his corrupt bullshit country at that. Nah thanks, I happily voted against the Ukraine referendum this year because I don't want any part in your little despotic country and the 'fights' it seeks with superpowers. The dirty oligarchs in your country created that mess, if you want a better quality of life, leave that place. Hell, maybe then you wouldn't have to keep your Dreamcast emulator sources closed source either and actually contribute to society at large instead of being a stain on it.

"DADDY TELL TIMMY TO STOP STARING AT ME!!!!!!!"

>waaah waaah muh name isn't on this piece of software

>working for free
>you don't even get to put your name on the copyright notice
Open sores is pathetic on so many levels...

>work for the sole purpose of having a few meaningless zeroes and ones in a certain arrangement at a certain place
>actively exercise effort to try to defend your """rights""" to have this particular arrangement of zeroes and ones instead of investing your energy into outputing meaningful zeroes and ones that can actually accomplish tasks for the benefit of a fellow human being

Its illegal, if you take a copyright message better delete the whole code contribution, Minecraft server ran into a big shitstorm with similar shit, fuck those that don't contribute with the same license than the project

>Open sores is pathetic on so many levels...
It works exactly the same in most companies, everything you do is not yours.
They can make billions out of your code, you won't receive anything else than a small salary raise or some managing position. You're worthless to them most of the time.
You contribute to open source software to learn, share or you actually need some features, not for your epenis or to improve your resume.

>compares open source to coding for money
>he notices this blatant difference and presses Post
look you not dumb but delusional

retroarchleaks.wordpress.com/2017/10/28/loganmc10-drama-part-ii/

juicy

>Digital representation [edit]
>Because the © symbol has long been unavailable on typewriters and ASCII-based computer systems, it has been common to approximate this symbol with the characters (C).