Windows Update

My Windows Update has been installing and failing the last couple of weeks. AMA

Attached: fu.png (976x679, 30K)

Have you considered installing Gentoo?

my old install did this

get ready to reinstall

Yes, thank you for asking.

when are you switching to an OS not run by pajeets?

I have no intention to move from Android to any other mobile OS

That's good, mine kept crashing and I had to keep doing system restore every day every time it updated and restarted without asking me.

Then there was a new update, an update to the update, which I hoped would fix things but instead it made the system enter a boot loop so that I couldn't even restore.

I tried a fresh install and the same thing happened. I went back to Win 8.1 and now I'm seeing %10 lower GPU performance. There is no God.

at least with gentoo you are given more verbose output when things go wrong!

Attached: gentoo.webm (960x536, 1.24M)

I know what's wrong. It's that I connected my system SSD in AHCI mode, which the current update doesn't like for some reason. It doesn't get recognized at all if I change it, so I've been trying to disable Windows Update instead, but no luck so far.

Do a new clean install, it'll take 10 mins max.

It's a feature.

Sure, and another 4h installing everything else. And it might end up in this update deadlock again regardless.

Ladies, gentlemen, and xirs, the joys of the Windows operating system.

>My Windows Update has been installing and failing the last couple of weeks.
Well stop being a retard and fix it or disable the damn thing.

Why aren't you using the built in updater?

>Sure, and another 4h installing everything else.
You should be ready to reinstall once a month.
Write some Powershell and use LGPO to get your settings back.
Use Chocolatey to install all of your applications.

Microsoft isn't known for their QA so you might aswell cover your ass by preparing for your next reinstall. You'll also learn something along the way.

>Why aren't you using the built in updater?
This.
What happens if you use that, OP?

Did you try 7?

I didn't bother, but I had the same problem. For long I considered 8.1 to be decent and stable. Right now it's stable, but only that, since I did also notice subpar performance. Anything Vulkan blows ass on 8.1, and I just use too many fucking emulators.

It's supposedly even slower than 8.1 due to architectural shit.

Raw GPU compute like neural network training and cryptoshit mining are also hurt. API dependent things like Vulkan are probably even worse.

would you consider INSTALLing GENTOO?

I did disable it, but Windows starts the service anyhow

I have an old soundcard, its quite a pain to get it to work in Windows 8/10.

Don't get what you're saying. I'm currently running Windows 10 and the update service fails to install a new "major" update.

Glad to see the old meme still alive.

Jesus christ.

I want to go back to 8.1 badly, but there are things I can't handle.

There is absolutely no way to shut down windows update 100%, even in enterprise edition