Which distro are you using user?

Attached: E794E8D8-25D7-4D5D-A9F1-4A178CCBCE87.png (300x300, 13K)

glorious solus

Attached: neofetch-2018-04-05-06-05-49-24107.png (2560x1080, 1.56M)

Lmao

home server is unbuntu server, work laptop is os x

>t. kevin

>2560x1080

I've literally had no problems and I don't understand why anyone would use anything different for reasons other than adventure. Literally all the tools are here for leisure and work, especially if you have XFCE.

Attached: Logo_Linux_Mint.png (622x565, 98K)

Mint Cinnamon, literally the best DE

Show me your desktop user.

I've come to this conclusion as well. Can't really find anything this distro doesn't do well

ubuntu for play
redhat for work
centos also for work and sometimes play

Ubuntu 18.04 beta. It werks and mostly usable.

Fedora on my laptop, CentOS on my server box.

Bunsenlabs
Loving it

I heard they don't update for security

manjaro kde is comfy

meme distro, just use arch with openbox

+

Manjaro

Xubuntu 16.04 LTS. Just werks. CS student, doing mostly C, gdb and checking mails. I also have Diablo 2 installed with wine and works perfectly.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-05_19-16-12.png (959x504, 81K)

Ubuntu Budgie and Solus Budgie. So /comfy/ I leak precum.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-05 12:05:17.png (2047x1137, 2.11M)

Gentoo.

Windows 10 professional. Because I do actual work.

Not really. Only use windows for gaymen and video editing. I could probably get by using Linux for everything else, but fuck dual booting.

How you change this icon from the default one?

Attached: icon.png (32x35, 2K)

Yep, running Xubuntu 16.04 too, it just werks and I wrote a post-install script to install and configure everything, makes things a lot simpler.

When 18.04 is released, I'll upgrade.

Budgie Desktop Settings -> Panel -> Applets -> Budgie Menu -> Choose image of huge black cock inserted in your ass, or whatever you're into.

Attached: Yoga-zzz2sd526.png (209x209, 15K)

I prefer MATE. It only fucked on me one time. And that’s only because I screwed up and uninstalled some dependencies by accident. Waiting for mint 19 in June hopefully.

It’s always better after the first point release.

How is gnome DE? All jokes and memes aside. I heard gnome is what replaced unity as the default UI for Ubuntu and was curious to try it out. Is it as bad as everyone says?

thanks famalam

Gentoo

I also have the same wallpaper as this Solus guy, which is kinda I wierd

It works really nicely but is quite heavy on resource usage. I found the Ubuntu standard version to be a bit buggy, but on Fedora it works really well.

MX Linux

this

Ubuntuu because I'm a lazy noob

It would be less weird if you shitcanned Gentoo and installed Solus.

So if resources aren't an issue, (high-end desktop) you'd say gnome is viable for daily use? I'm coming from MATE if that changes anything.

Share that wallpaper pls, no homo.

I'm trying to decide on a distro to convert my school/work laptop to. All I really do is some basic c++ programming at the moment, and I intend on keeping my machine for play on windows. I was thinking ubuntu, but I will start learning security stuff soon too, so maybe kali?

Debian Stable bcs wanted to switch to Plasma and it seemed like the most sane option. Had to disable the compositor for it to be usable (glitches everywhere) but now it's working fine so far

Currently using Ubuntu 16.04 lts. Can Mint use a Gnome Unity type DE?

Recommend me a distro for fagbook. (Proprietary Wi-Fi)

There's this upcoming distro called Buyathinkpad

>Bunsenlabs
Nice I always loved !#, it was a shame they closed. I completely forgot they got picked up by someone else.
openpepe tumblememe

Attached: Opensuse-logo_hexagon.sh.png (700x700, 22K)

#! was so nice. Got me into Openbox.

Linux Mint is by far one of the best distros out there.

>Easy to use interface
>Nice desktop layout
>Premium feel if you set the right conditions
>All the benefits of all the other distros with out any of the cons(maybe a few but nothing really serious or annoying).
Pic related is what I've got set up.

Attached: Muh desktop.png (1920x1080, 1.09M)

wouldn't using ubuntu make more sense? 2 layers of "based on" distros is kinda excessive.

I guess but the desktop feel of mint really has a grip on me. Besides, I just don't really like the Ubuntu layout and or theme. I guess you could change that via skins/themes but meh.

You can use a flavor of ubuntu if you don't like it stock. There is ubuntu mate, no idea if there is cinnamon distro of ubuntu.

Never understood the point of Bunsenlabs. Everything on it feels ancient. Wouldn't people just be better off copying the conky and openbox config files into a more current debian?

gentoo

Fedora with KDE and Gnome because I cant make my mind up which de I prefer.

I've used mint for a while without too much breaking on me. Worst that happened is booting into a shell before i knew about de dependencies and tried removing bluetooth. Sometimes mint will randomly duplicate my package repos, which is annoying. I'm going to try a minimal debian install next i think.

fedora with gnome, kde too buggy, xfce good but old, other de's are a meme, twms are good but kinda autistic

nixOS, it's linux endgame desu. I've never been happier with a distro, and its been my daily driver for half a year.
>inb4 guixSD freetards

>linux endgame is worse than it currently is
truly the worst timeline

kys brainlet

Congratulations, you can read numbers.

meant for

>desu
kys pedo

Xubuntu 17.10.

The comfiest one ofc

Attached: New_Desktop_Thread.png (816x508, 86K)

Attached: MintaBest.png (656x439, 67K)

Gentoo. I was thinking of switching to Alpine, but my mouse just won't work and I could not figure out why.

baka desu senpai

Attached: putty_2018-04-05_13-46-19.png (817x403, 38K)

>REMOTELY IMPLYING ultrawide isn't superior
you deserve to die

second

Kubuntu, it's pretty shit, but at least, it's better than windows.

Debian

what fucking kind of resolution is that?

Using 2 vert at 1050 and 1 horizontal monitor at 1080

Attached: Desk.jpg (4096x2304, 1.83M)

windows 8.1

Attached: 2snapshot_22.29.png (1920x1080, 3.27M)

Windows 10. Pretty good linux distro, can recommend to MacOS X fags.

I'd use GNU/Linux but DP to VGA adapter doesn't work yet on RX 56, does on Windows.
Do I need a specific kernel? Kernel options?

patrician choice

Xubuntu, the best *buntu.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-05_22-42-45.png (1366x768, 721K)

Manjaro innit senpai

Attached: screenFetch-2018-04-05_21-44-31.jpg (3840x2160, 1.3M)

>mint xfce

Mein Neger.

Attached: 1506045513536.jpg (497x298, 21K)

mainline ubuntu here. if its good enough for terry it is good enough for me

Attached: ub.png (1366x768, 1.29M)

>Solus
Muh nigga
I've actually been trying out KDE on solus and it seems to work out really well aside from some applications looking like shit.

im curious, what advantages does solus bring? i know it is rolling release and it is paired with honestly one of the best DEs out there, but i am dismayed that they chose to create their own package manager for it. aren't the repositories limited?

I like it.

Attached: 1500792820577.png (2000x2000, 137K)

>aren't the repositories limited?
Yes and no. Everything i could ever want is included in the base repositories and new shit is being added all the time. Also the package manager should be updating soon with the new milestone release.
>what advantages does solus bring?
Stability. Out of the 10 years or so i've been using linux solus is the one distro that just works and continues to do just that. I have never once had solus break on me. To add to this the developers are always active and will usually respond to your questions within the hour. That's some hard core dedication right there. They have also been known to not be selfish in regards to improving linux as a whole (See steam snap integration).
Even though Solus isn't the BEST it could be right now, it has one hell of a future ahead of it.

Attached: 500x1000px-LL-b9b14e88_IMG_5258.jpg (500x667, 37K)

Android 5.0.1

... Arch if you are a poweruser, fedora / opensuse if you are a normie

Not that guy.
Yeah, maybe with a few extensions. Dynamic workspaces are nice. If you don't mind the touch-y / tablet-y look / design you should try it

Debian Buster.

Kevinnet please leave

Manjaro KDE
Great except for the fact that their webpage still has their gay april fools joke up making it impossible for distrohoppers to try it out now.
You can go to sourceforge and get the iso directly though.

Attached: Screenshot_20180405_192732.png (2560x1440, 285K)

>the absolute state of chromefags

empty your cache dumbass. That ended long ago.

I actually opened up chrome just to get it to work lel

Ubuntu MATE atm.. pretty comfy

fedora on my main pc and debian stable on my chinkpad

fuck off kevin

Debian, of course. I'm surprised there aren't more users, there are like three itt.

FrankenDebian and the developers can't be trusted with either basic professionalism or security. I can give you sources but I'd rather sleep. IIRC this is so basic that you'd find it just by searching 'what's wrong with Linux mint?'.

I am using arch linux

Arch. It's good.

i hate chromium btw, had to install it to test/fix a site that it fails on

Attached: 2018-04-05-195930_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 494K)

I didn't understand why compiz was installed by default on the xfce version even it uses xwfm4.
Fucking more than 2000 packages by default. I bet it will shit himself for the next big upgrade. Debian XFCEor even xubuntu feel much more saner

Gentoo

Void Linux.