Is it just me or is technological progress a little stalled?

Is it just me or is technological progress a little stalled?

Attached: 1495405942606.jpg (850x850, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IuLxX07isNg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What right to technological progress do you have?

No.

Just qBittorrent.

just because we arent getting revolutionary inventions like cars or tv doesnt mean its stalled.

F A T T

You use mac products, don't you?

Academia has turned into political cults, isn't surprising and is only going to get worse

How much faster is the most powerful consumer-grade processor today compared to the i5-2500k which released 8 years ago?
How much faster was the i5-2500k compared to the most powerful processor released in 2002?

literally think about it, thanks to the specter/meltdown fixes, your pc that came out this year is getting sandy bridge levels of performance. its like 2012 again but instead of just hard drives being expensive tho, its every component aside from fucking mobo's and hard drives.

It's called money

currently the industrial power, water management, and transport ecosystems are undergoing a massive automation process whereby marginal efficiency is improved dramatically beyond anything in recorded history:

user: Consumer goods aren't changing much so technological innovation is stalling

Pull your head out youngfriend

We’re still using internal combustion engines.

Attached: 25AAC940-D141-4652-B22A-32B623005603.png (1106x1012, 660K)

Batteries are heavy and shitsla makes cars so shoddy it makes 90s gook mobiles look better made and better thought out

Human biologically have to advance for technical advancement to make sense.

Diminishing returns.

Quite a lot ever since Ryzen. It's not the hardware fault if some shitty developers don't properly use the cores.
It's not all about muh frequency anymore. It's about power consumption and dividing workload between cores.
If you look at the power consumption you'll see a big decline which gives you more performance per Watt over the generations. Isn't this a improvement?

are you a nigger or a commie. i cant tell

Consumer electronics maybe.
Huge strides are being made in other areas though, especially in parallel computing.

>smart home technology
>self-driving cars
>huge advances in solar and electric vehicles
>very promising results on net-positive fusion power
>quantum computing
>commercial space flight is becoming viable
>personal voice assistants
>drone deliveries
Technological progress isn't slowing down, you're just not paying attention.

Education has become more expensive.

This has lead to hard competition for what little funds there are, like said.

We have left the land of plenty where taxes went to school subsidization. If the US does not regain its throne progress will continue to stall or worse China might actually see its citizens as people and begin using their vast resources. Free schools for other countries is nice and all but they lack the resources, such as the largest NMR machine in the world, to provide the necessary breakthroughs.

Finally, people are concerned about money. Look at Texan universities such as UT or UH. The return on investment by oil companies to these universities is over 100% in some cases. Breakthroughs are being made but only where the money is and that happens to be Oil.

>botnet home technology
>botnet cars
>botnet solar and electeic vehicles
>botnet net-positive fusion power
>botnet computing
>botnet space flight
>botnet voice assistants
>botnet deliveries
Miss me with that shit g

Technology is botnet.

only two of those are nonmemes, and they are going to be opposed with everything the corporations have

Technological progress is technological progress whether you like it or not.

it's not new technology. it's just repurposing old technology

By that definition, there is no new technology.

Combustion engines are just repurposing of fire, fucking stupid shit industrial revolution was lame

fuck you, dude

no, fuck you, leather man

this. parallel computing is the future. Everything will be pipe-lined and parallelized, and it will be glorious!

Moore's law is dead.
And that was the only thing fueling fast progress.
So yeah, pretty much stalled.

Where at the point where technology in some areas has stalled and any progress towards that technology is merely to make it cheaper.
for example we haven't had a new battery tech in decades so now where focusing on making lithium batteries cheaper.

I would cum buckets inside her fat pussy

Technology can't progress much further without causing major issues. In the near future it will be illegal to be a real human instead of GNU/Human.

>>botnet space flight
dude what

>responding to obvious shitposts
go back

what?

mandatory video reply

youtube.com/watch?v=IuLxX07isNg

MILKIES