Be me

>Be me
>Autist programmer
>After a meeting is over instead of saying bye or have a good one i say cheers
>Turns out im freaking people out by saying cheers every time
>Cheers is what they say in the UK after saying bye etc.... right

Attached: 1522944846305.jpg (255x176, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TFHRTS67TYs?t=46s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You say it instead of thanks

Cheers does mean thanks yeah, fucking weirdo

In the UK you can say cheers as thanks or goodbye.

What gives you the idea that you're freaking people out?

it's not abnormal

when I worked in EA vancouver everyone said it and we're all canadians eh

well some of them were australian/brits as well so maybe that's why

>people are freaked out by the word cheers

sounds like you work with retards

These are important meetings

Basically everyone knows me as that autiist programmer guy who has no friends
After a meeting is over I say cheers and people kind of like get "anxious why i say that all the time"

Cheers is something they say in the US when you're drinking with friends not on a meeting and saying bye than leaving

>Anyway
Two years ago, i had a customer i always worked with out of the UK
>They're out of London England and every time we had a meeting they said cheers at the end of the meeting
>I guess it kind of stuck with me man

Should i stop saying this?

>worrying yourself over the littlest/dumbest shit
I too has the same problem sometimes, OP.

A-aren'y we all retards?

Attached: 1522943408405.jpg (312x292, 10K)

>Turns out im freaking people out by saying cheers
How did you find out this information? Why would it even freak them out? Maybe it's the way you're saying it. I feel like this belongs on Jow Forums

Attached: holup.jpg (306x400, 19K)

Damn, I think my autism went all time high with this

So, you guys think its okay? I feel like its odd that i keep saying or talking like this

I think your coworkers have an issue, not you. If you want to keep saying it, keep saying it. What are they gonna do, request you get pink slipped for saying "cheers"?

If they're getting freaked out when you say cheers (and you know this for a fact) then they are the autists, not you.

no

I've literally never heard someone say cheers as bye unless they were leaving somewhere after having some sort of service carried out, ie. a bus or shop

Its a fine way to end a conversation. They may not understand the context though as its not said much in America. It seems the most likely case is that you are projecting your own insecurities onto others. None of the things you mention about being seen as weird or this bothering coworkers has any basis in anything other than your own thoughts. I'm sure you'd have mentioned someone saying something to you about it. If it makes you feel uncomfortable though why continue saying it.

it really is weird
stop trying to mislead OP

you'd freak them out regardless

It's fine, user. Us autists tend to overthink mostly innocent things which throws us into an anxiety-inducing feedback loop. It always feels more embarrassing when YOU'RE the one experiencing it. This went away for me completely after I started taking anti-anxiety medication

Attached: 1454214992959.png (557x605, 290K)

Ok, i may be the one making it weird than

Some of you are alright. Thanks for setting me straight and this is definitely not something i have to worry about anymore..

Hm.
I don't think using cheers is the problem, it is when and where you use it. Cheers is very much a casual way of saying thanks, something you'd use that people within the company you're familiar with.

So maybe you're using when it isn't appropriate. To match it with your London story, customer sets the tone for how formal/informal the meeting is. So they were fine with it, but other customers might not.

Frankly, it doesn't matter massively. In my humble opinion, you don't sound very happy at that company. If your coworkers are cunts, I'd look for somewhere else to work.
Worked in both London and NI, seen it used. But like I said, it can be contextual to the environment you're in.

You are wasting time thrice: first imagining enemies, second blaming yourself, and third by looking for confirmations here.

Stop wasting your life, find yourself before you kys your'self'ses.

lol, yea it is kind of bad the way i get treated but i dont want to leave right now. If i am being honest in this thread the way i get treated than wow, im sure i will get some criticism in this thread but i will post anyway, in hopes someone has some kind of advice

OP: youtu.be/TFHRTS67TYs?t=46s

Look for a new job while you remain there dummy

>he isn't one of /us/

Attached: frens.png (734x414, 113K)

My advice is:
A. If using it makes you feel uncomfortable, stop using it.
B. Be more tactful in using it. So knowing when you can be informal.
C. Keep doing what you're doing, because your happiness shouldn't beholden to anyone else, but yourself.
That reality, my dude. You only matter if you make yourself matter - socializing is all about reciprocation. If you want people to treat you better they need to know you.
And you need to quit that company, clearly they don't give a fuck about you if they dump all the shit on you after you've made it clear to your manager that you don't want it.
You're a good guy and you're getting fucked over. You have no reason to take it!

And here's advice for your next job when you do quit:
1. Don't work from home! Nobody can know who you are, if you're not there!
2. Even if you don't care for small talk, you need to have it!

This It would be a bit weird to say it as a goodbye.

Really appreciate the advice and I know you're right

Anyway, one last thing. I did just get a new project in my hands but I'm waiting for all of the sales process to be complete before I can begin work. I believe i can still change by being in the office and getting to know people around me

I still have work i need to complete and dont want to just leave right now. The concern i have is im making bank right now, and not even sure if i can make the same amount somewhere else. I really mean it, im making bank here working on scraps and legacy stuff. I know there's more work coming in, they just may not have me in mind for all the good stuff.....

I'll leave one day for sure, but right now things are good except for being the guy who everyone thinks they can yell at and be passive aggressive...

Attached: 1522898974429.jpg (583x767, 100K)

I wish you luck in changing how people view you, but office reputation is hard to change.

However, you need to keep in mind that you aren't beholden to anyone.

If you want to make better bank and stop your manager from screwing you over, you should put yourself out there for other jobs. And if you get offers from other companies show your manager you're getting good offers.

why do you always have to be an austist programmer, Jow Forums? can you at least be an austist investor and drown in dosh?

the absolute state of americans

saying cheers or rather something more like "cheers for that" in place of "thanks for your time" etc is perfectly cordial in any non-tryhard anglo country

Holy fuck english is retarded language indeed.

btw it's ok to say thanks in such a situation in Russia.

Hi Julian

Nuclear hot take:
If you're socially inept enough to be freaking out this much about saying cheers occasionally, there's probably a bigger reason that people around you are freaking out.

normies are so retarded

Great post user! Keep it up!

This

Now stop blogposting

Americans who say cheers are weird

It's not weird, if anyone asks just tell'em you had this one British acquaintance and got the habit from him.

You can get away with saying cheerio but not cheers.

>Actually believing word for word what some user writes on an asian fapping board

Attached: f2f5ac8c08c518ae73494112374efa65--funny-memes-funny-pics.jpg (640x360, 30K)

Yeah, say "pip pip" and then "cheerio old chaps". Alternately you can emulate an Aussie accent and say "have a g'day cunts".

Just don't tip your fedora every time.

A bunch of asshole at work say this all the time and it always annoys me. Then they talk about drinking their shit ipas and watching soccer at 7 in the morning.

>some minor roof damage to house
>insurance sends someone over to assess
>meet him outside and chat for a bit
>end conversation, turn around walk away and say 'have fun'
Get on my autism level

>Jow Forums - "technology"

Jow Forums - Regional Linguistics

Attached: anime girl.jpg (555x490, 147K)

The problem is the Americans I tell you.

I say cheers fairly often in a similar way. Granted I live in Sweden where UK English is more common.

just b urself my dude

Know how you feel OP. I got stuck with "have a nice day" as a way to say goodbye

how old are you? and how does that shit have 2 million plus views??

You haven't seen me when I oversleep, I am a literal retard before I had any coffee
>Wake up late as fuck
>Gotta get groceries
>Pass café on the way, decide to go for a cup
>Greet them with "good morning" at 3pm
>Get coffee to go
>"Have a nice day"
>I reply with "yeah sure"
>Sit down at table, realize I got coffee TO GO
>Stand up, awkwardly and very obviously check if someone saw, leave Café

I asked ops this morning how I should store some certs I was generating.

When he said lastpass I just walked to the coffee machine.

I always tell people cheers with intent of cheering a sooner coming of their deaths, so i don't have that problem OP, if they freak out they should.

>just b urself
>copies friends lingo

you a seppo cunt?

If everyone knows you as "that weird guy", then anything you do that's even slightly abnormal is only going to be amplified. The only ways out are to be as normal as possible or be extremely confident and charismatic, but the existence of this thread leads me to believe only one of these options is possible.

>people kind of like get "anxious why i say that all the time"
lmao your coworkers are all mentally ill, there's literally no other explanation

>be the last to leave
>never have to say anything
now they're all the weird ones

Attached: 547846120C8.jpg (250x250, 28K)

>>Cheers is what they say in the UK
Are you in the UK?

just say "great work everyone" or "alright, back to work"

works for me xD

g'day is a greeting, you degenerate seppo

>be me
>autist programmer
>after a meeting is over instead of saying bye or have a good one i say "someone backed up the toilet again, the smell got so bad it stained the walls yellow and everyone on the floor was evacuated"
>always leave on a positive note

try this instead:

>THANK YOU FELLOW HUMANS
>THIS WAS QUITE
>A PRODUCTIVE SESSION
>OF GROUP VERBAL INTERCOURSE
>FAREWELL AND GOOD LUCK

Attached: ZZZZ.png (1592x888, 785K)

Cheers

unironically this

>being a confused pajeet
go post on reddit, sir

>Jow Forums has finally lifted the veil on it's autism support group

They perceive something's "off" about you, OP. Normies can sense that shit with relative ease.
It's not necessarily a bad thing, by the way. They find something unsettling in your mannerisms or the way you speak because it's "odd" or "unique"? Oh well.
Simply put: people cannot seem to identify with you. And, if they're not even willing to try, that shouldn't bother you in the slightest. Just do you, lad.
There is also the possibility that it's all in your head. That wouldn't make you autistic, but rather anxious, paranoid, etc.
I've given up on being cheeky with coworkers, for the most part. Then again, I work for a company with over 400 employees. So it's kind of hard to get personal or friendly with them.
Give everybody one fair shake, if they still treat you like a freak then just leave it be and try not to dwell on it.

Do your coworkers not have better things to worry about than your choice of valediction? Honestly just say whatever you want and they can go fuck themselves.

I say it as a goodbye all the time. I live in Scotland and I've never had any issues, I hear other people say it as well.

Freaking out how? Do they think you're going to shoot up the place? Use it more. Or change to "yeah, buzzin', nice one, see ya later"

>yeah, buzzin'

I’ve heard this as a goodbye before, imo it was refreshing. But then again, I’m a leaf

This made me laugh uncomfortably long b/c I do the same shit

I say cheers or tara. Nobody seems to have a problem with it.

float op == 55
float britfag == 54
float aussie == 54

void setup (){
if (op == britfag) {
println ("Cheers");
}
else if (op == aussie) {
println ("Cheers");
else {
println ("OP is a faggot");
}
}

Attached: Stop.jpg (291x281, 10K)

Fuck them. I say "cheers" and "now now" and "howzit" and "struth" and whole other slew of Saffer/Aussie slang. Born in then Rhodesia, lived in South Africa, mother was American, father was Scottish, and I worked for an Aussie firm for almost 20 years. I can't even understand myself when I drink. I'm not even joking.

Point is, don't change yourself for other people. This problem they have with language is theirs alone to deal with. If someone gives you shit take it to HR.

wrong board m8

>float
:eyes:

problem?

but you should change it up every now and then

>Float
>==
This board is shit im gonna kms

whats wrong with my code? honest question here im in intro to programming right now

professor has us learning Processing language, to list a variable you float it.

that's my go to.

i'm welsh though, so everyone says that here.

Attached: ithasafuckingdragononit.png (615x369, 105K)

How exactly does one word "freak people out"?

First of all, you're using the equality (==) operator to try and assign variables. Secondly, you're assigning an int to a float. Floats are used for numbers like 3.14 and 0.005. Thirdly, when comparing floating point numbers, using an == comparison is never a good choice, since the representation is not exact, and you'll lose precision through operations. For example, 0.3 == (0.1 + 0.2) will be false with IEEE 754 FP numbers.

Your main problem is that you should be using int to hold those values, but overall it's very shitty and you should not post your code here again until you are at least somewhat competent.

Actually normal people think people who say "cheers" and aren't British are fags.

float user == go fuck yourself 55
println (“I’m going to post what I want when I want and there’s nothing you can fucking do to stop me.”)

Attached: 1522981091896.png (386x389, 134K)

Your coworkers are the autists

cheers

t.britbong

you can say hello while leaving and no one will give a fuck

stop being 12, problem solved

>people kind of like get "anxious why i say that all the time"
I highly doubt it is you who is autistic.
Getting "anxious" about someone using an innocent word, is not something "normal" people do.

Or they are using it as a front because they have some other more serious issues with you.

Fucking kek, they're the autists user.
We say cheers over here in Australia all the time and no-one bats an eye.

same in NZ. i could use our equivalent word (chur) for literally anything and nobody would question it at all

>omg Stacy you know that SUPER ugly guy who does the code thingys
>yea Rebecca he's SOOO werid like once at this meeting he said "cheers!!" At the end, like gross!
>OMG I know what a freak, you think he's dangerous? I'm going to tell the boss to get rid of him

Its not the cheers its probably the timing of when to say it that you will never get right cause of your autism.

It's a regional dialect.