/spg/ - Smartphone General

ガーリッシュナンバー edition.

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Software Recommendations
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

Recent News:
>3-Month old Wear OS bug is still causing lag in phone calls answered on watch
xda-developers.com/wear-os-phone-call-bug/

>Genymotion Cloud is now on Google’s Cloud Platform to meet demand for testing multiple virtual Android devices in parallel
xda-developers.com/genymotion-cloud-google-cloud-platform/

>WSJ: Apple is annoying some iPhone owners by constantly pushing Apple Pay on them
phonearena.com/news/apple-aggressively-promoting-apple-pay_id103843

>What to expect from Google I/O 2018?
phonearena.com/news/Google-IO-2018-what-to-expect_id103797

Previous →

Attached: 1507068169304.gif (500x625, 1.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

dxomark.com/huawei-p20-pro-camera-review-innovative-technologies-outstanding-results/
dpreview.com/articles/7284790355/huawei-p20-pro-hands-on
images.anandtech.com/galleries/6261/p20pro_img_20180327_180956.jpg
images.anandtech.com/galleries/6261/s9plus_20180327_180952.jpg
motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/105193/p/30,6720,9299
gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8907&idPhone3=0&sSearch2=&idPhone2=9058
gsmarena.com/huawei_p20_pro_paris_photo_shoot-review-1744.php
youtu.be/nRIhostn58w?t=423
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is this bitch doing

i want to fug chitose

Need a budget android phone.
Honor 9 lite (£170), Xiaomi Mi A1 (£200), or other? Ideally no more than £200.

Sorry should say, UK, unlocked, smoothness of use and battery life are the biggest requirements.

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus global edition, also known as Redmi Note 5.
The only downsides to the Mi A1 are no USB-C and MIUI, although you can still flash a custom ROM.
As for price, it costs the same.

Playing a tapping/rhythm game and having a good time. Unlike you.

Rhythm games are for autismos

How much better is the Honor 9? For £280 is it worth the extra cost?

This meme machine arrived this morning.
How bad did I fuck up, /spg/?
Everything looks pretty good so far.

Attached: file.png (1200x900, 950K)

Just got a One Plus 3. Why do people suggest Lineage OS over Oxygen OS? Is it simply because "chinese botnet" because I don't see the big deal when you're basically always in a botnet if you have a phone with internet.

Trying to decide between three 3 phones.
So far I'm leaning P20 Pros way because of it's battery being xbox hueg, but it's camera worries me. ZX2 has a nice camera, but it's reviews said that the battery life is p. bad

Attached: P20PS9XZ2.jpg (1053x2397, 906K)

Why is the Camera so bad in P20P..
I would be ready to order it now but I'm triggered by this

Attached: gsmarena_005.jpg (3648x2736, 3.58M)

Are there any RELATIVELY new phones with resistive touch +recessed plastic screen at all ?
I'm kind of clumsy with my phones and applying a new screen protector in a while is much less hassle and cheaper than disassembling and putting in a new glass / digitizer / screen.
(really loved my nokia 5800 )

>t. Rhythmless boy

I wish the s6 active had an SD slot. Would be the perfect phone.

Attached: Pdpkeyfeature-sm-g890azaaatt-600x600-C1-062016.jpg (800x600, 64K)

What's better? Iphone 7 or SGS8? Only used ones suit my bugget

I've had an S2, S4 and S5. Every single one of these got dramatically laggier over time. Is this TouchWiz's fault? Which brand do I get to avoid this lag?

I need some help with internal storage. My Moto E 2nd Gen only has 5GB of internal storage (I believe it's 8GB, but Android uses 3GB). I've had it for a few years and it only has the basic utilitie on it (Google stuff like keyboard, play services, chrome, etc.) I have moved anything I can move over to my SD card and cleared almost all caches, but this thing is full, from what I can tell the core services have been bloated with updates since I bought the phone and are now reaching the storage limits.

My phone is not very responsive now and crashes sometimes (it's definitely the storage, because I accidentally filled it up near full once and the phone crashed non-stop until I could quickly get in and delete the file I accidentally moved onto it). My question is, can I delete some of these services like Google Play Movies (taking up 20MB, I never use it)? If so, how? If not, I guess i'm in the market for a new phone.

Attached: 1369944010445.jpg (500x375, 49K)

Lads, what the HELL is this P20P doing to these images? These are terrible!

dxomark.com/huawei-p20-pro-camera-review-innovative-technologies-outstanding-results/

dpreview.com/articles/7284790355/huawei-p20-pro-hands-on

Attached: Pixel2P20ProAppleXx.jpg (3369x1173, 885K)

Mi A1 or the Redmi Note 4 configured to be around the same price?

>using headphones 24/7
>web browsing
>watching movies
>listening to music

This is all I care about. I don't care about the camera, NFC and shit like that. A good screen and good audio quality is what matters.

Any suggestions?

Femanon here.
Avoid the Redmi Note 4, it was a good phone for it's time but it is deprecated. Got an upgrade to MIUI 9 but it was a gimped version still on an underlying android 6 Marshmallow OS.

Go for the Mi A1

Attached: selfie8.jpg (576x1024, 63K)

images.anandtech.com/galleries/6261/p20pro_img_20180327_180956.jpg vs images.anandtech.com/galleries/6261/s9plus_20180327_180952.jpg

I have no idea how this P20Pro camera is being called great

someone used a benchmark and it scored real high, so it must be awesome

it's not like the 3 cameras might have broken the benchmark or been designed to

Thanks for the info, femanon.
I'll get the mi a1 and hope I scored this year's meme before it disappears and gets pricy

>950€ for the last year processor and bad optimized camera.
Hell no.

Christ, the iPhone and the P20P both look like hot garbage. I guess the most surprising bit is that the iPhone's camera is still considered world renowned.

Why is the HTC 10 Evo going for less that $200???

Because it's shit.

Get the regular HTC 10.

RIP

>2:1 aspect ratio
>notch
stop please stop

Attached: 1504189926726.jpg (797x640, 85K)

Well shit guess I'm buying Galaxy S9

this this this this

>2:1 aspect ratio
Isn't a bad thing
>notch
I was considering to buy OnePlus 6 or LG G7 but... fuck that applecopy-mania...

anything i need to know about htc 10? looks amazing on paper, what's the catch?

nobody wants all the 22 year old internet reviewers to say
>but their phone doesn't have a notch

Attached: iPnch.jpg (650x367, 29K)

Is the audio issue on the mi a1 really that bad? It would be a perfect phone if not for that.

Yes.
Stop shilling the Mi A1. The RedMeme 5 Plus is superior.

pretty amazing trade in deals going on makes it a nobrainer tbqhwyf

2:1 is pretty retarded if you watch youtube/streams/tv/video content on your phone since you're just paying for extra bezels

16:9 is wide enough, there's no need for this crap

Get the Moto Z2 Force, it's got a plastic, "shatter-proof" display. Because it's plastic the display scratches pretty easily though so use a screen protector.

>16:9 is wide enough,
No if you want to watch movies in the perfect aspect ratio.

Are Huawei phones not good?

No, they're pretty good but the hardware is from the last gen and the camera is badly optimized.

So for the US what is the best phone for about $200? Chink phones, what all of you talk about here don't work well in the US.

>watching movies on a phone

Attached: 1501301213271.jpg (1920x1440, 525K)

I watched all of Sopranos and all of Wire on my TyTN II

Attached: 1200px-Htc_tytn_ii.jpg (1200x900, 170K)

Yes, when I'm traveling then it's a nice extra and in the plane they don't let me to open my 19 inch laptop becuase it's to bulky.

I've been reading Camera reviews of P20 Pro, which all say that the Camera is great, but then they post dog shit photos taking with P20 Pro

Have you tried formatting the MicroSD card as internal storage?
motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/105193/p/30,6720,9299

Redmi Note 4 got Nougat you fat cow.

No don't go for the Mi A1 you filthy thot, it has terrible audio issues.
Also tits or GTFO.

Is getting an new galaxy note 4 a bad thing if I can get it for about $200?

Is that Montmartre?

It's from one of the review links I posted. Maybe one of them has a source.

>19 inch laptop
>19 inch

For what purpose

Is this just a money grab rehash of the China market Nokia 7?

Attached: nokia-7-plus.jpg (635x476, 33K)

Battery life is pretty shit and the phone's already two years old so it won't get android updates any more.

Anyone here use Nextcloud on their phone?

How is it? Looks like a lot of things integrate well with it, from what I've read.

No.
gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8907&idPhone3=0&sSearch2=&idPhone2=9058

Huawei Mate SE / Honor 7X (it's the same phone, the Huawei version just has more storage and RAM)

it's alright.
use DAVdroid to get my calendar/contacts onto my phone, and opentasks to see my tasks. default samsung calendar to see my calendar.

Is OLED a meme for phones?

I definitely recognize the street. I lived in Paris for 6 months on exchange, and while I lived in the shithole that is Argenteuil, this girl I knew lived in Montmartre. This looks like somewhere on Rue des Abbesses. Anyways on the topic of the P20 camera, If it is the place where I think it is, then the colours are way, WAY off. The wall on the building beside the staircase is much darker, and the church is much more of a muted reddish-brown. Similarly, the buildings in the back are more of a muted yellow and not this sickly colour that the P20 makes. And who the fuck knows what it's doing in postprocessing.

I remember some people watched movies on their iPod Video with a 2.5" screen. Not me, I had a PSP for that.

Hello /spg/ I'm not sure if this an issue or not so I'd like to ask here
>bought 64 GB Samsung SD card off Amazon
>it arrives says 64GB on box and card
>put card in phone
>phone says corrupted card
>format
>use as internal storage
>pic related
is there something wrong with it?
Ive checked it on my computer but I have to use my phone as a medium since I have no USB SD card read
My computer also shows it as a 128GB card.
TL;DR 64GB card is listed as 128GB card but more than half of it is full is this an issue or no?

Attached: Screenshot_Settings_20180405-164631.png (1080x1920, 52K)

gsmarena.com/huawei_p20_pro_paris_photo_shoot-review-1744.php

You are right.
It is Paris.

Gaming, of course.

How are "SKY" branded phones? Microcenter has the "Sky Devices Elite 5.5 Octa GSM" for $50. It has pic related.

Attached: SKYDevices.png (694x1114, 34K)

>He doesn't know that bigger is better.
youtu.be/nRIhostn58w?t=423

The mediatek variant didn't. It's been stuck on Marshmallow from launch.

The Snapdragon variant was an underpowered meme from the start, with a slower processor than the RMN3

Attached: selfie4.jpg (768x1024, 70K)

Sounds like something is fucked with it, I'd try to format it on the computer and see if it fixes it.

>The mediatek variant didn't. It's been stuck on Marshmallow from launch.
The Mediatek version was never recommended exactly for that reason

>The Snapdragon variant was an underpowered meme from the start, with a slower processor than the RMN3
You realise Mi A1 has the same "underpowered" SD625 as the Note 4?

>still no tits
Neck you'reself.

Nobody wants to see that down's cunt's sad tits.

I do.

Anyone still using a oneplus one? Is it still kicking?

Is it a dumb idea to buy a several year old flagship new for cheap?

Unfortunately, my Android version is 5.0. I tried to do that but it did not work.

Never got the Marshmallow update? Which variant of the Moto E2 is it? It might be possible to manually update it. Another option would be to install a custom ROM such as LineageOS, doing that allows you to not install any Google apps at all, or choose just the ones you want.

Depends on how old. However, old flagships bought as new are usually a good deal.

inb4 iphone xi with front facing speakers

>gaming on a laptop

What he mean by this?

if you travel a lot this whole thing makes perfect sense, go back to some other website the system spam filters if you want to be le meme princess

>not gaming on a laptop

>in the plane they don't let me to open my 19 inch laptop becuase it's to bulky.
Is there an actual regulation on the size of a laptop you're allowed to use on a plane or are they just making shit up?

Gaming on a laptop was a meme years ago but now it is more practical due to new designs and heat distribution.

I love my oneplus 3. I run lineageos on it, as oxygenos is crap, but the hardware's done nothing but make me happy. Soon to be two years using it.
deresute, mirishita and llsif run smoothly with max graphic settings, and the device doesn't even get warm.

Attached: 1515315206603.png (1280x720, 1.62M)

>regulation on the size of a laptop you're allowed
Yes, some airlines don't let you to open or even to carry a laptop if the size is exceed the hand luggage mas dimensions.

Not really

If it's bigger than the maximum allowed for hand luggage then it shouldn't be in the cabin in the first place. I don't see how they can allow you to bring it on board, but not use it.

Girlish number is God tier.

they can ask that anything you use fit wholly on the tray table

Ask Ryanair, they're kinda ass to their costumers.

That it is, specially pic related. Best enjoyed with HD600 headphones.

Attached: 1497724715663.png (1280x720, 1.23M)

What the fuck niggas stop posting in the same threads.

Ok, now that makes sense.