What do you guys use to overclock? Just picked up an i7 7700k and thinking about picking up this bad boy, thoughts?

What do you guys use to overclock? Just picked up an i7 7700k and thinking about picking up this bad boy, thoughts?

Attached: NH D15.jpg (640x480, 41K)

>Just picked up an i7 7700k
You dun goofed

Reeeeetard

>One of the best Cpus for gaming
>dun goofed

>gay men
Fuck off back to /v/ mongoloid

How do I SOFTWARE overclock this lazy piece of shit?

I have a Pegatron Narra 3 which doesn't support OC. I tried to find a version of AMD overdrive that works but none does.

The CPU runs at only 800 Mhz so its slower than my Phenom 9600. Cooling is a H150i with ML RGB fans.

Attached: kiste.jpg (2466x1579, 418K)

Stay poor and stick to AMD Jow Forumsaylord

/sqt/

>poor
>buys outdated cpu
Good job proving me wrong there bud. Sure showed me.

>not 8700k

doesn't matter, temps will be shit unless delid.
otherwise, the monstrosity in the picture is easily on par with most AIOs and will do fine.

I have a nh-d15 and a 1700x. At 4ghz it pulls about 220w and generally stays under 60c. With p95 it gets to 65c. It's nice and quiet, would recommend if you have the space for it.

>A CPU that doesn't even handle desktop computing
>/v/
Fuck off
I'll spam this
Just let this asshole sell me a 790FX board for 12 € with shipping
My boypucci is ready for Zen+ but I cant order it yet

> buying obsolete CPU

Attached: sqQlid7.jpg (900x810, 52K)

Zen+ is looking to unveil thia month right? Instead of wasting the cash on a old board why dont you run something barebones like slackware?

what? This is my survival platform, it should run a browser, my printer, office and league of legends. But it doesnt, everything shutters like hell. I'm not talking about games, I talk about the desktop. Windows take 3 seconds to open.

P O O

>using 8.1
>not 10

jesus christ

>2018
>being a corelett

Attached: 1518399416039.gif (250x250, 141K)

8.1 is masterrace
I had Windows 10 on this PC, but it is even more sluggish, with the 9600
I would not try to run Windows 10 on 800 MHz

This bad boy. Costed me an equivalent of $25 and performs within 2-3 degrees to D15 according to what I've seen.
Also you're pretty fucking crazy to buy a 4c8t CPU in a.d.2018. It's going to be obsolete in 2-3 years.

Attached: SilentiumPC-Grandis-XE-1236-W-pełnej-krasie.jpg (1024x765, 285K)

>I had Windows 10 on this PC, but it is even more sluggish

nice lie

>mfw NH-D14 without overclock

go and get microshafted

better tell ne how i can run my cpu at normal speed

It's true though. 8.1 was made to run on tablets, it has no Aero blur and it's unironically the fastest Windows of post-XP era. Tested on my 2007 laptop with 1.8GHz cpu and Intel GMA graphics card.

>2018
>buying intel

This. I tested it, it runs better on 2 GB RAM than 7. Windows 10 has a lot of problems, especially paired with old platforms. Drivers dont work if you run nforce chipsets.

> Buying a quadcore in 2k18
AMD already saved us from the quadcore stranglehold. Why do you love sub-par performance, user?

Coolermaster 612 v2

4.5 ghz on my 4790k for years

quiet as fuck.

i use a heavy duty noccy cooler and i run stock

Attached: 1457798346984.jpg (1278x1181, 122K)

what the fuck is wrong with you two
even if you wanted a silent cooler you could have gone with something MUCH smaller

because it's nice

>OP buys a cpu that handily beats poozen 7 in gaymen and competes head to head with poozen 5 in multicore performance
>All these buttmad AMD shills in this thread sperging out "corelet!", "obsolete!" "outdated!"
Pottery.

Attached: .jpg (282x326, 13K)

Intel has 8000 series now. You don't have to be an AMD shill to shit on corelets.

You got home insurance?
Also that cooler will break your motherboard if you carry your computer wrong or drive in the car with it.

7700k is much cheaper though, and not everyone needs a 6 core.

You're an idiot who bought deprecated tech.

I'm not OP, you retard. Though, you are one, for thinking that OP who is probably a /v/ user needs more than 4 hyperthreaded cores for games.

Why do people even buy i7's for gaming? Not sure if its changed from when i built mine but it was seen as the smarter idea to go for the i5 if you jist want to play games.

Non hyperthreaded cores are getting deprecated if you look at games from last 2 years, on top of that unlocked i7's usually hit better overclocks.
The only i5 worth buying might be i5-8400.