/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Attached: headphones k-books miz22.jpg (2406x3475, 902K)

Other urls found in this thread:

emmlabs.com/dac2x.php
computeraudiophile.com/ca/reviews/emm-Labs-DAC2X-Follow-Up/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You dont need an amp and a DAC

My precious feet :(

maybe YOU dont

you don't need to drink soy either but here we are watching you guzzle down gallons on the daily

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?
I really like this OP! Adorable!

Today, I've been baselessly accused of posting in other threads :(
Going to sleep. I'll check tomorrow. Good night.

Attached: 1500222958259.png (1280x720, 973K)

Show us your feet.

"it sounds loud so it's fine"
It's not how it works, user. While onboard audio have decent DACs (like everything nowadays), they also react very badly to loads from headphones.
If you check measurements of different Realtek chips or phones, you'll see how the FR changes from impedance, sometimes having up to 6db variance with added distortion.
At the very least, you very much benefit from an external amplifier, and dedicated DACs are so cheap these days that it'd be ridiculous not to get one. Jittering and noise is still very random on onboard chips.

The ESS Sabre USB dongles are nearing as low as $10 and can power effectively most 300-ohms dynamic headphones with transparent everything. Something like the Sabaj DA3 running balanced could power a good amount of planars (ie. Audeze).
It's so inexpensive that I don't see why you'd restrain yourself to your onboard audio.

This is not your blog. Fuck off.
Just like you don't need headphones. Both amplify your experience.

Attached: wrong.jpg (500x336, 98K)

The HD800s measures so beautifully. Has anyone heard one? I'm going to either get one or a modded hd800 and I'm just curious if it sounds the way I think it does. It looks like the bass is phenominal, really everything is, I don't see many flaws.
This is low quality bait.
She's cute but maybe put more effort into finding better pics. I feel like the older OP pics were better.
This is not technology related you insecure, sniveling little faggot.

Attached: fr-hd800s.png (614x358, 32K)

>The HD800s measures so beautifully.
lol, just lol

Is there any measurement of the Custom Studio online?
Is it just the same as the Custom Pro One?

>The HD800s measures so beautifully
No ? It looks like a treble-boosted HD600 at best.

Friendly reminder all headphones come factory-locked.
A powerful enough amp is required to unlock them.

What are good replacement headphones for Q701? Used to run a pair of q701 with an O2 amp, should i just nab a pair of K702?

And most headphones can be unlocked with an E10k.

You blind son? Significantly better bass response. I assure you it slams like a mother fucker.

Red is the HD800, green is the HD650. No idea how you can think the HD800 measures "beautifully";

Attached: hd800-vs-hd650-new-pads-zoomed.png (1301x801, 152K)

It's likely you'll screw up the unlocking if you use a chink amp.
Warranty doesn't cover bad unlocks.

>I assure you it slams like a mother fucker.
LOL NO
>Has anyone heard one?
for the most part the only people who have heard them here are the hd800 owners who claim they are the best when they haven't heard many headphones

Attached: IMG_20171125_173819.jpg (5253x2964, 2.58M)

Nah, that chink amp is good.

Atticus man, are the HD800S really an improvement over MA900s?

>for the most part the only people who have heard them here are the hd800 owners who claim they are the best when they haven't heard many headphones
The HD800s are the best.

Attached: benchmarklogo.png (410x173, 13K)

go back to watching cartoon network, please
for the love of god please

When you have a fucked up ridiculous measurement like that, sure.

Nice Atticus.
I fail to see what's impressive in the HD800, it measures pretty bad in comparison to even the cheaper HD600/650. The treble spikes are ridiculous for something at this price, it also follows the Sennheiser trend of transparent bass, as in inaudible bass.

Hey /hpg/, I've got a question

What's a decent sounding and very very durable pair of earbuds? I want some that can stand up to a bit of abuse.

I found the brainwavz 2 or something like that so far, anyone tried these?

Anyone?

I would hesitantly say yes. the ma900 has a smoothed out top end so it's sibilant free which makes it amazing for anime because it never distracts you from listening. I can see why people like them with a tube + eq. ma900 is more comfy too but I prefer the hd800 clamp. I only auditioned the hd800 so my impressions are of course bullshit.

If you're from Europe then you'll probably be happy with a cheap pair of K712. Otherwise, you could try the HD6XX from Massdrop for a change.

Friendly reminder to gtfo of midfi and buy a top of the line headphone ASAP so you don't become a trash hoarder like I am.

Attached: trashhoarder.jpg (4032x2268, 1.44M)

Buy HD600. Done.

>One pair of headphones for work
>Two pairs of headphones for home when I'm not using my 2.1 setup
Midfi is end game. Further upgrades are not worth the money they cost.

I need help choosing between the Audio technica ad900x and the V-MODA crossfade M 100, i will be mostly using the headphone for gaming but might bring it on long road trips. Whats the best choice?

we get it, you like speakers. fuck off to /ag/

audeze mobius

Get the fuck over it kid.

ad900x, and forget about using them on road trips. Headphones are built with different sets of compromises. Your main headphones to use at home shouldn't also be used out there. Can't be good at both.

I guess if you're happy with it. I just wish I had the lcd2 and then a clear or hd800 or something instead of all this poop

I have, realize you're posting in a general about something you don't even care about. speakers are off topic

>You don't even care about
>Literally mention I have three different pairs of headphones
Were you given a lobotomy as a child?

>midfi is end game
you've hit your end game implying you no longer care because you are satisfied. that's good for you user, but realize you're in a headphone general and no one cares that you like speakers better. might as well go into the smartphone general and declare you like tablets or PCs better

End game is whatever you want it to be, bruh.

They actually did carve out your frontal lobe, didn't they you triggered autist.
>Mention speakers in a single sentence
>rest of post is about headphones
>REEEE YOU DONT CARE ABOUT HEADPHONES

Attached: smug remi.png (748x748, 360K)

what are some good leather earpads for ath m40x?

>midfi is end game

Attached: 1508342444433.jpg (951x972, 104K)

>Needing to pay an additional grand just to hear the most minute of difference
I have some rocks here for 500 dollars. Tape them to your headphones and they'll sound like butter. You seem like the kind of monkey that would want them.

t. never heard anything other than midfi poorfag

let's see that treated room

>Treated room
The conversation here is headphones brainlet, not once was speakers mentioned in any context comparing the two.
>New IP
>Probably spent his NEET life savings on a shitty pair of headphones and calls other poorfags
Wew.

>The conversation here is headphones brainlet
oh I'm sorry I thought it was about speakers considering you brought them up first, my bad.

>Being this triggered that two words in a single sentence mentioned speakers
This image is very appropriate for you, no intelligent brain activity detected.

your argument revolves around speakers
>don't buy anymore more than midfi because it is not worth it when you can buy speakers
this is your argument, correct? if that is not your argument then what is?

Instead of doing this stupid shit why don't you talk about what you yourself enjoy?
Here, I'll start you off, I love my he500!

Is this what shitty mastering with 0dbFS peaks look like ? Was just listening to some Passepied album and the sound is full-on clipping.

Attached: 2S0U.png (1797x732, 51K)

LSR305 is endgame.

>Your argument revolves around
Nigger, you keep proving that image right with every post you make, you high school dropout.
>Midifi is end game. Further upgrades are not worth the money they cost
Nowhere in this sentence are speakers ever mentioned. Go back to school, you desperately need it. I desperately need it too, I don't want to interact with someone this fucking autistic and stupid.

>Nowhere in this sentence are speakers ever mentioned.
it is implied, I understand that autistic people have trouble with context but atleast get it right with your own statements
>Two pairs of headphones for home when I'm not using my 2.1 setup
why use your 2.1 setup at all? :)

>It is implied
No, the only statement in that sentence is that midfi is end game and paying more money is fucking stupid, like you are.

You're a bad troll.

Attached: 1489964409063.jpg (851x714, 80K)

>One step away from literally reeing that someone is calling him an idiot for spending exorbitant amounts of money for a negligible increase in sound quality
Are you by any chance a moderator of that headphones reddit page?

oh, I understand. my bad. please tell me what you think of speakers. should I put more money into speakers or headphones? I'll await your reply.

Putting this much effort into shitposts and not even getting people biting is pretty pathetic my dude.

Attached: 1513713862978.png (645x729, 63K)

WIll this go down as the worst /hpg/ in recent memory?
What does /hpg/ think about the new linear THX amp design that massdrop and monoprice are going to be shipping later this year? I'm hoping they sound great.

Attached: 244591.jpg (1200x900, 50K)

Why do you keep posting images of yourself? I don't want to see your disfigured face
>Should I put more money into headphones
If you want to throw more money at headphones and then placebo and post purchase rationalize your way into thinking the extra money you spent sounds extraordinarily better than everything in the 300-500 range, be my fucking guest.

Attached: shrugs.jpg (904x768, 82K)

>chinkshit
LOL

Epic comeback my dude.

>If you want to throw more money at headphones
so you are saying that I should put the money into speakers because it is a better use of my money? :)

>Implying every thread isn't the worst when there are constant pseudo namefags spamming their daily blogs or HD 600s posters posting nothing but that

speaker grandpas are way worse than either

the massdrop and monolith ones are different THX chips, but yeah THX said it first "we solved audio". the massdrop ones will likely be spammed over and over so there's no worry if you didn't get in on the first drop. massdrop loves to milk their licenses

>Audio posters are worse than off topic blog posters
No. You must be one of them blog posters.

I was actually going to buy the monoprice one because I really dig the screen. My schiit stack sounds okay I guess but it has a good resale value so I'm looking forward to the upgrade(if it even is one).
I didn't know THX said that. Excite

>This obsessed with speakers
This is a headphones thread.

answer the question you weasel :)

This. The only logical explanation for the speakerbrainlet phenomenon is that they are a group of people who are both mentally and aurally deficient, and are thus unable to appreciate the increased fidelity and detail headphones offer over speakers in inevitably poorly treated rooms.

>tfw you will never have such a good square wave and impulse response with your DAC
Only $15k.

Attached: imageproxy.jpg (1200x806, 196K)

thank god there's no evidence that's audible

haha you are funny even if it was audible poorfags would still deny it was

In many cases, the "poorfags" are right.

There's a delicious irony in this post.

except for one: claiming they are objective

Much like how speakerbrainlets perceive changes when there are none (i.e. cables), you can see the speakerbrainlet perceiving irony when there is none. To be a speakerbrainlet is to be doomed to a tragic fate.

>spending thousands on speaker setups that need to be used in a “sweet spot” while making fun of headphone users for purchasing slightly more expensive headphones
die speakerbrainlets

I see no reason why a poorfag couldn't be objective.

same reason why somebody with a yggdrasil and eddie current amp can’t be objective. their circumstances invest them in one side far too much

That's not true, you can buy an eddie current amp because you like the way it looks, or its features, or whatever, while still being objective. Purchases and purchasing power does not necessarily dictate the capability to be objective.

That's what a poorfag objectivist would say...
Jokes aside, it does look good. Probably sounds the same as a PS1 playing CDs.
I'd disagree. I see more autistic claims from headphones owners. An easy comparison is looking at both the audiophile and headphones sub-reddits (yeah I know).
Old-school "audiophiles" (not related to the device they're listening on) are the worse in my opinion. The good old kind that pretends hearing differences between power cables and case aerodynamics.

Does anyone else here get bullied by their familia for liking headphones?

>get made fun of everytime I walk in the room with headphones on or get a new pair in the mail
>dad made a meme
>everytime I get new headphones he starts singing "yes he's a headphone collector" to the tune of star collector by the monkees
>whole family joins in
>mfw

Attached: image-13.jpg (246x220, 86K)

>Only $15k.
How about a source, champ.

which is more likely? it's possible to flip a coin in the air and have it land perfectly on its edge but that doesn't mean it will or that it's likely.

I'm on food stamps, my rent is paid for by the department of social service, and my income is all from student loans and criminal activity but the only family member I have doesn't live anywhere near me so I just don't mention it.
The mutts I live with have no idea how expensive they are. They would probably steal my beats wireless cellphone headset before my $1000 headphones.
Your dad is a piece of shit though, there is nothing wrong with collecting headphones. It's cheaper than heroin.

emmlabs.com/dac2x.php
computeraudiophile.com/ca/reviews/emm-Labs-DAC2X-Follow-Up/
I wish Amir reviewed one of these, could be fun.

Sure, there are plenty of poorfags out there who think that $1000 headphones have zero difference or whatever, but that doesn't mean there aren't poorfags out there who can take a more objective view. We can argue probability or whatever, but my perception of audio has changed little since when I only owned "poorfag" equipment.

Also, I've been marinating on this issue for a while. The "poorfag objectivist" is certainly a thing, but I also think the "poorfag subjectivist" is a thing as well. As in someone who believes in differences that aren't audible because they've read so on forums and just parrot what other people say.

>Does anyone else here get bullied by their familia for liking headphones?
my dad is the opposite, he told me he was glad I was getting into hifi.... it's awkward though, I don't know which side he's on considering he has his own studio with expensive equipment but is also an engineer. I've never asked and I never talk about it
it's really not about objectivism or subjectivism. it's just humility and being able to admit you can be wrong, which neither side wants to do the majority of the time. it's open minded vs close minded. both sides believe they are right and they are close minded. the poorfag moniker is just a way to expose that hypocrisy

Seeing a whole lack of specs or anything really. Manual is like 3 pages...

The irony is that a headphone only brainlet doesn't understand that sticking shit closer to your ears makes it easier to hear. But, I guess intelligence doesn't come naturally to someone that pays thousands of dollars for snake oil in their headphones.

Attached: smug vampire.gif (414x532, 438K)

can someone explain why treble is so erratic in so many headphones? is it some kind of mechanical limitation?

Attached: 1510197964478.png (200x200, 92K)

That is precisely why headphones are better my dear speakerbrainlet. After all, you want to hear your music don't you?

Attached: 1504157105236.jpg (257x259, 61K)

Yeah, the diaphragms fuck up with all the high frequency vibrations. One of the things they're looking to improve with graphene drivers. I think you need a fuck huge magnet or something to get better treble.