So some Iraqi shot up Youtube (did a shit job of it too) because their algorithm is apparently shit...

So some Iraqi shot up Youtube (did a shit job of it too) because their algorithm is apparently shit. Just exactly how shit is youtube for making money if you are not already popular?

Bit of a catch 22.

>YouTube Is Demonetizing Small Channels, And That's A Good Thing
forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2018/01/18/youtube-is-demonetizing-small-channels-and-why-thats-a-good-thing/#2b0a69e653d8

3 months later

>Tragic YouTube shooting casts new light on creators’ “adpocalypse” complaints
arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/04/how-youtubes-adpocalypse-may-have-figured-in-its-tuesday-campus-shooting/

Attached: 1512537136486.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

She's from Iran.

Attached: Nasim-Aghdam1.jpg (962x730, 54K)

she was autismal and delusional
if you want to be a youtuber or any sort of entertainer or entertainment producer you need to be able to grind as a hobby and develop your skills and your portfolio without expecting any money in return

But what if she was getting money and they stopped that from happening? She allegedly had 9 million views across her channels.

no her argument was she was getting money before and now she isn't

what kind of monster paints plugs?

No

It's a tranny, and he's an Armenian/Azeri Jew who grew up in Iran.

>And That's A Good Thing

>And That's A Good Thing

Attached: 1516055036487.jpg (1065x859, 76K)

>And That's A Good Thing

Fucking leftshit "journalism"

>Woman shooter
>Didn't get to kill anybody but herself

Once again men are superior

Youtube is going down , now they are afraid and hiring extra security LOL , and if you look on Jow Forumsyoutube you will see people complaining that they are not able to earn money even though they meet the ridiculous requirements , they say something about it's taking months to get monetized.
A lot of small creators had popular videos but not the subs , they are leaving , and closing their adsense.
The top guys on youtube have been the top guys for years and are getting lame.

Attached: yousuck.jpg (478x480, 19K)

And how are they paying for all these buildings and security and employees if they can't make money?

>boohoo I'm entitled to internet money for doing nothing all day but saving 10:01 long .avis
I hope youtube and twitch dies

user, I have seen some truly horrible things people do with paint

It's not going down. Any channel that's below their new requirements is making fuck all money already and it was already getting harder to become popular on YouTube now that everyone and their mother has a channel. You need to be a ruthless marketing sociopath as well as lucky enough to go viral as well as possessing some talent in audio/video production to become big. That cream of the crop is all YouTube wants. They don't want amateurs anymore.

Honestly most of these small "creators" have none of the skills required to make videos for money. They'd be better off getting a real job.

I don't believe for a second she is the one youtuber who has an issue with youtube.
The place is over , becoming a youtuber is no longer a thing to become , she wasn't a small creator she had millions of views.
If she couldn't do it then it can't be done anymore and it will eventually reach the others.

The smaller creators all use patreons to fund their nonsense these days because youtube demonetizes or age-restricts so many video automatically. Shit, even verified ones bitch about it. Youtube really want that Red shit to work but it's never going to work.

At any rate you are right, youtube is not in the content creator business anymore. They should just become a quasi label already.

Small channels are literally the only ones i watch anymore. if they get demonitized and move to other platforms eventually ill stop using youtube altogether.

If i wanted to watch the same mind numbing bullshit millions of normies wathc i would onw a television.

Holy fuck youtube is dumb. They are killing the one and only thing that made them popular in the first place.

It was a man.

Ad money. Stop using their site. If big brother steps in you push their shit in.

I believe she uses that wall for chroma keying.

Attached: images.jpg (284x178, 16K)

I pretty much copy paste video links from google and use mpv to watch stuff, can't stand to even browse that shithole. I wonder if they get anything from me just for getting the video

>because their algorithm is apparently shit.
To say that it is shit would make it sound as though YouTube is incompetent. I think YouTube knows exactly what it is trying to accomplish. I think YouTube is trying to make itself more like cable television: they control what "shows" people get to see. Elzagate wasn't evidence of YouTube's incompetence either: it was evidence of YouTube caring about other issues other than child safety.

>They are killing the one and only thing that made them popular in the first place.
This has been happening since Google took them over.
It was originally a way for the world to connect and share, now it's simply another way for a big company to make money. Youtube was our generations radio.
Money ruins all good things.

back to pol
opinion discarded

It's still hard to believe people try so hard to make a job out of posting shit on youtube. How delusional do you have to be, holy shit.

>because their algorithm is apparently shit
I wasn't aware that deliberately doing things for your own political interest is an algorithm.

>look up "Katy Perry" in a youtube search
>Taylor Swift song is in the top 5 search results

Whatever algorithm they use needs to be removed or replaced.

this

Doubt it there are plenty of pictures of her as a child and she was female, just different.

Well, they don't, google pays for them.

0 kills lol

>She allegedly had 9 million views across her channels.
That could actually not be all the impressive depending on just how many videos she produced.

Like I have seen channels with 10+ videos getting shat out a week, and most with only a handful of views. If that was only one of a handful of channels the "person" is operating it's possible they can add up to a lot of views, still doesn't make their content appreciated. It could mean they are killing themselves trying to make something work that just isn't working.

I have a friend whose channel has nearly 10k subs and 7mil views. Most of his videos are around 1k views, some significantly less, some around 300k for whatever reason. The main difference between him and her is that he doesn't try to live off Youtube. He's just recording games he plays, particularly 3DS games but other games too, and he does it in his spare time while also working full time. I don't think he has even claimed the money he has earned from Youtube yet, because he would have to deal with paying the taxes and stuff on it.

The problem I see with "Youtubers" is that it looks easy, from an outsider's perspective. People go on there and do what they do and get money, and an onlooker thinks "hey, I could do that". But the majority of people who end up making a living off Youtube don't go into thinking "I am going to make this my job", it's something that becomes possible for some people and you can't expect that it'll work for you.

>muslim parents

The entire system is broken and is concentrating the money into the hands of a few, making the production of genuinely interesting content, not the same lowest common denominator crap that fills our existing TV channels pointless.

>Just exactly how shit is youtube for making money if you are not already popular?
Doesn't even matter dude just buy Youtube ad space and your shitty channel will blow up lmao

Incorrect. There is plenty of genuinely interesting content on Youtube, some of it provided by people who aren't looking for monetary rewards and others by ensuring funding through other sources as well as Youtube, such as personal advertising, merchandise, subscriptions, donations and more.
If you have genuinely interesting content you are trying to make money from on Youtube and failing then you're doing something wrong.

true but part of the reason why they demonetized small channels is to discourage politically incorrect shitposting channels after the pewdiepie controversies

>Youtube really want that Red shit to work but it's never going to work.
And that's a shame, i don't understand why the fuck they still haven't made Red available in more countries. I watch a lot of youtube content and would love to have a way to support the creators i watch without paying all of them on patreon or some shit. I'm pretty sure creators still get money from Red even if their video isn't "ad-friendly".

can i make shekels on youtube without talking or showing my face?

Yes.
But there are a tons of pajeet channels that already do that so good luck.

Sure, that might be part of it but you can also argue that such content is not interesting.
Part of it does have to do with appealing to the advertisers, though. If the advertisers pull out then your revenue will drop anyway because Google won't be making money selling advertising on your channel, unless they start taking advertising from more cancerous sources maybe.
It's a delicate sort of balance where Google is passing on what they're benefiting from, but if they lose those advertisers then it hurts everyone. It's not ideal for the content provider but they're also benefiting from not being locked in any form of contract.
For example, you might get Coca Cola adverts on your videos through Google but if you wanted to advertise with Coca Cola directly then you would likely have some contractual obligations with them on things you're not allowed to have in your videos or things that must be in all your videos.
You're relatively free of this contractual burden, so you could have a can of Pepsi on your desk in the video because you don't know what adverts will be served during your video (if Coca Cola get annoyed they can complain to Google and maybe the advert would get switched) and instead Google has to deal with keeping the advertisers happy and onboard.

>i don't understand why the fuck they still haven't made Red available in more countries
Licenses are a fucking bitch. A lot of content that is provided world wide is licensed by different companies in different countries who have the rights to distribution in those regions.

Youtube red originals is literally the last thing i care about. I just want to support the creators i watch and get no ads in return. If netflix figured it out then so can youtube.

Honestly I don't know all that much about Red but if Google wants it to be region free (aka, all regions that can access Red can access all content on it) then it would be more difficult than Netflix.

you pay for Netflix and you pay for yt red
there are no ads on either (?)
the main premise of yt red is being ad free

With adblocker it is ad free so what are people actually paying for? Do you get to watch all those things that cost money on youtube for free too? All the movies and shit?

There is Red exclusive content, I know that much.

she's from Azerbaijan you ignorant swine

Literally the only reason quality channels survive is because of patreon. Nobody's making bank off of ad revenue doing high-effort videos/animations, they're piggybacking off youtube's infrastructure, the only one capable of delivering high speed video and has a large enough potential audience for people to stumble into it.
To said quality creators, youtube itself is basically just a platform now, like showing off your content on tumblr or soundcloud.

Tumblrs can be curated to a far more personal degree than any youtube channel.

*she used
>ftfy

You're missing my point. Tumblr doesn't have an ad partnership program like youtube, twitch or kongregate. Creators upload their content there for the sole reason of reaching an audience, who may eventually commission something from the artist or contribute to their patreon.