NEWPIPE 0.131 NOW HAS LIVESTREAM SUPPORT

>2018
>using the official botnet Youtube app
>not using the open-source, ad-free, non-GooglePlay, audio-playing, AV-downloading, 4K, speed adjusting, superior Youtube player known as Newpipe.

CHANGELOG IS TOO BIG TO POST BUT YOU CAN NOW PLAY LIVESTREAMS (IN THE BACKGROUND, AND POPUP TOO!) AND THE LOOK HAS BEEN REFRESHED, WITH PLAYLIST SUPPORT, SOUNDCLOUD SUPPORT, SUBSCRIPTION EXPORT AND AN UPDATED EXOPLAYER THAT FIXES AND IMPROVES PLAYBACK, AND TONS MORE FIXES SINCE 0.11.6!!!!

github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/releases/tag/v0.13.1

Attached: 1520868339366.png (400x400, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/compare/v0.11.6...v0.13.1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Youtube app has had this since, forever, duh

the point is not to use that bloated botnet, user

>Youtube app has had this since, forever

Can you play livestreams with the stream in the background while you use other apps, or have the screen turned off?

NOPE

neat

Can it still only download 360p and 720p with sound?

>tfw only jewgle ap I still use is play books
>all other epub apps are shit
I'm so close to being able to run my ROM without GApps.

Attached: 1522359257570.png (500x377, 183K)

yes that's still being worked on

>reading ebooks on your phone

Attached: why are we still here.jpg (250x292, 19K)

Any idea why this happens? I'm using the beta version, but this happened with the stable version too
>inb4 spic
I will build the wall after fixing this.

Attached: Screenshot.png (720x1280, 43K)

Aww yiss.

SkyTube>>

It's shit

Fix your shitty custom rom, beaner

Anyone have subscription import working for them? Mine just says it fails

spic

kek beanspeak
>the absolute state of Jow Forumstards

It worked well before v0.11. I have no idea what caused it.
NewPipe also needs a copy link button. It's annoying to open the video in a browser just to be able to copy the URL.

>reading ebooks at your computer

Attached: 1514363428048.jpg (577x459, 110K)

the share button has a copy to clipboard

>not getting an e-reader

Attached: A2D92BF8-17BC-4768-AE42-F8ADD4824AA7.png (442x509, 172K)

>buying an e-reader to read e-books

That's great. Can the faggots over at f-droid hurry it up and release this update please?

They need to put the updates on f-droid already, shit there is still on 0.11

Also I had the previous version installed and installing this new one didn't just update it so I had to manually uninstall and import all my shit to the new one. Doesn't take too long but cmon where's the oversight on basic app convenience?

Go to settings and enable unstable updates.
Live streaming works great, now I can listen to my shitty lofi music on the go

Werks here

Attached: 20180405_215707.jpg (1080x2009, 414K)

Don't update newpipe. The app will constantly crash

use the share button, beaner filth

>Don't update newpipe.

Fuck off nigger. Every update has made it better at playing videos. I don't get "video can't be played" errors anymore since 0.11.6

Last time there was a thread about an update I got fucked I couldn't even launch the app

>having useless livestream support
>still no comments

wew lad

livestreaming is way more useful than comments you nigger

what livestreams have you watched recently? name 5

Is there an iOS version?

t. non botnet phone user

i've always just used moon+ reader pro. assumed google books is just as shitty as their other apps.

>I dont do something so that means no one does

Holy shit this!
I only watch coding channels and those place are fucking useless without comment.

>BUT HEY, LETS SUPPORT E-CELEB CAMWHORING INSTEAD TEEHEE XD

It's about time.

The Youtube shooting coverage most recently. Livestreaming Youtube is very useful and easy to do.

>not reading ebooks on your computer

Attached: ss-2018-04-06-06-46-04.png (1680x1050, 556K)

It's getting better, just a question though.

Is there a feature to play videos inside the app UI whilst in portrait mode like pic related? I can't queue or download any other videos while the video player is obscuring the rest of the UI. It's just the video surrounded by blackness.

I like the way the YouTube app does it, when the device is in portrait, you can still see the UI, but then goes full-screen when you rotate it to landscape. When you press the back button while playing a video, it goes into PIP mode where you can browse the rest of the site and download/queue other videos to watch later. Pressing the back button in NewPipe just closes out the video and pressing play again takes me to the start of the video instead of where I left off.

Attached: 67673.jpg (1876x1255, 505K)

why is github such fucking shit? All I want to do is compare two releases and for the life of me I can't find a way to do that

Fucking amazing

Is an adaptive streaming feature coming, where it automatically adjusts the video resolution to accommodate the quality of the connection so as to minimize buffering? Say you're playing a 1080p video over a mobile network in a place with spotty coverage or a public WiFi connection that's having a little trouble, the YouTube app will seamlessly downscale to a lower resolution like 480p and then upscale back when the connection quality gets better so you don't have to worry too much about buffering.

I like to watch a couple of gaming streams on YouTube Gaming.

Importing your subscriptions without needing to login is neat.
Problem is that my feed is what I assume is a random order instead of last uploaded first. Also the "x days ago" is in Korean because I'm on a Korean connection, even though my phone language is set to english.
Still a promising app.

Yes there is. Pic related

Forgot pic

>have to swipe up to show the OS navigation bar, thus triggering either the brightness, audio, or scrobbler
Someone tell him this was dumb.

They changed the way history works so I think I'm going to come back and use it.

Attached: 1513639885491.jpg (920x920, 116K)

Does it still crash on search if the system language is not set to English?

Checked myself. Yes.

>trying to download still crashes app

Attached: 1518200036227.jpg (603x550, 32K)

fbreader on f-droid is nice because you can change the background color to black and text to grey instead of having black text on white bg

Yes

Inb4 google bans them from using their api

Attached: 1522553339406_000000.png (504x566, 67K)

>STILL no comments

Attached: pondering.png (374x520, 42K)

github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/compare/v0.11.6...v0.13.1

>update is on fdroid
>even after updating fdroid repositories it's still not found in the app
Fdroid again confirmed to be shit, thank god I stopped using it on my main device.

YouTube also has ads, telemetry and depends on Google services and won't run without them.

SkyTube can't download sound only and doesn't let you select the resolution to download. I have no idea what's being downloaded with it's new download button.

>iOS isn't botnet
Lmao

>Pressing the back button in NewPipe just closes out the video
That's the intended behavior. It's easy to make the back button create a popup though, ask for it on github.
>pressing play again takes me to the start of the video instead of where I left off.
The app doesn't keep history this deep. It could come in an update but I don't see it happening soon. I personally find it annoying not starting at the beginning. Hopefully if it ever comes it will be optional.
As for the layout, you could always open the popup player when you start the video and resize it.

>feed is what I assume is a random order
It's actually sorting channels by the date you subscribed.

>search for "X"
>click on X
>crash
>guru meditation
ok
>search for "Y"
>click Y
>plays no probs
>search for "Z"
>click Z
>plays no probs
ok
>search for X again
>clic- GURU FUCKING MEDITATING HERE GTFO
>degrade to newpipe version 10 times of date
>click X
>X plays, no probs
why does this happen to me.

liek dis if u crie erritiem

Attached: 1382976927612.jpg (299x200, 15K)

no crash here

they don't use the api, fag

What language?
I have constant crashes on polish language. Since you can't set the language in the app alone (fucking idiocy) I change system language every time app launhes and closes (via macros)

I gonna donate them

oled, my man.

easy on the eyes.

Probably a localization issue beanman. That is supposed to just say preferred player settings. If it pops up with a dialog asking what to use from background, popup, or regular player when you tap it its working as intended

Attached: 1461527470368.png (428x315, 87K)

Yeah man, it almost all the time crashes when you're in a channel with more than a few hundred videos and you keep scrolling down to watch an old one.

>herfderpf medication LMAOOOOO

It also has ads, does that mean it's better? Can you download videos?

NewPipe masterrace reporting in. Subscriptions are great, I can make playlists, too!

>beta: 0.12.0
>stable: 0.13.1
What did he mean by this?

I downloaded Lithium once and never had a reason to switch, even though it's proprietary botnet. According to my afwall logs it doesn't even have any telemetry or basically any dodgy network requests, so although I still have it blocked for good measure, you should actually be fine even on an unrooted phone.

fbreader is great.

For the low price of $10.99 a month! YouTube need their sheckles

>No way to rate a video
>No way to shitpost in the comments section
>Nu-youtube layout
Nah, I'll pass.

>wanting to rate
>wanting to comment

kys soyboy

Holy shit, I really didn't expect the livestreaming support to be added that quickly and actually work that well.
And the subscription import is the first step to a proper sub feed.
This is actually coming together quite nicely so far.

finally

Attached: spYCyeZ.gif (518x290, 2.71M)

use iYTBP

>not using just MuPDF for everything

Attached: Screenshot_20180406-142600.png (1076x255, 35K)

>Go to f-droid
>search "newpipe"
>tap on install
>download unsuccessful

What did they mean by this?

>Not wanting to dislike any video you even slightly dislike
>Not spamming dislikes with your hundred accounts
>Not shitposting everywhere you go
Kys yourself soyboy

DOCUMENT VIEWER is the name of the app, look it at F-Droid. You are welcome.

Very rarely is any youtube comment anything intelligent, worth reading, or anything of value that contributes anything. Almost all the time it's just retarded underage kids pretending they're on Jow Forums so I'm not missing out on anything

Attached: 1501366279754.jpg (1024x581, 74K)

That's the feature

Why would you rate or log in? The whole point of the app is to avoid using YouTube as a social media.

>disliking videos
Literally kill yourself.

>>disliking videos
>Literally kill yourself.
Someone disliking your epic leafy video isn't the end of the world

You are a lost cause

Newpipe BTFO

Sounds like some fuck tarded UTF8 problem. This is what happens when you use Java

I'm not saying it is, I'm not even a """content creator""", but there's literally no point in dislikes and anyone doing so is retarded. Either leave it at liking and reporting, or move yt to a rating system.

But it only crashes on search results. You can go through all menus with all polish letters without problem.
If there was an option to change app's language I'd set it to english and don't give a single kurwa about it.

Youtube used to have a rating system. 10 years ago you could rate a video 1-5 stars and it was changed because all videos were either rated 1 star or 5 stars and didn't show quality well if almost every video was either 4-5 stars or 1-2 stars

Youtube Vanced is illegal tho because it modifies the Youtube app developped by them.

Next feature: in-app Newpipe updater.

Yes, and it was a better system. They're still both bad especially when YouTube doesn't even list the rating beneath the video nor does it filter videos with 80%+ dislikes. So it's literally useless and rating videos is a waste of time and resources.
>didn't show quality well
yt wasn't as massive and popular back then and wasn't owned by Google for that long. A like/dislike system is less informative.

This.

Why not use English all the time? I'm Russian and I use UK locale.

Readera is cool (not open source thought)

>have no gapps and microg
>have gmail account logged in generic phone mail app
>Install yt vanced.
>I'm instantly logged to my google account that I never use outside gmail.
What the fuck? Even official yt app asked if I want to log in.
I would but I need my text messages read to me when connected to car bt. If a language is set to english, it reads polish words in english - complete gibberish.

but kurrrrrrrrrwa is already common word in england, what is probłem

Who the fuck cares though? Are you one of those anti-pirate fags too?