Why is Firefox for Android so bad and slow?

Why is Firefox for Android so bad and slow?

Attached: firefox-logo-100690302-large.jpg (700x663, 53K)

Because Mozilla is dog shit. Go ask this question in the subreddit or something. Some retarded faggot starts this thread every day. Just use Waterfox. Firefox telemetry is just bad.

>Why is Firefox for Android so bad and slow?
it isn't. Get a better phone.

>is anonymous, mozilla isn't a data-mining company
>can be trivially disabled
>about:config allows full customization
>source is verifiable
>bad
Telemetry != botnet. It's only gotten a bad rap because companies like Microsoft and Google, as well as other services, have turned it into mandatory "telemetry".

this

It's not really bad or slow; I run like 18 tabs on that shit. My only complaint is occasional crashes.

It always was, I remember trying to use it on my nexus 5 and it was dogshit

Because it doesn't fully use Quantum yet, you retards.

Quantum is a browsing revolution that leaves the "competition" in its dust.

Chromium is much more responsive and loads pages much faster on my linuxified chromeboox

What about Pocket? They install that shit bu default. I don't respect any company which does that.
>Because it doesn't fully use Quantum yet, you retards
Quantum is a marketing tactic you ignorant fuck. It's not a brand new engine or anything. Also, the UI, and UX is more dog shit than the loading speeds.

Waterfox soon.

Pretty sure servo is new code, which isnt even done yet.

>Quantum is a marketing tactic you ignorant fuck. It's not a brand new engine or anything. Also, the UI, and UX is more dog shit than the loading speeds.
Someone this retarded should not be on Jow Forums.

Sure dumbfag. Waterfox is what Firefox should've been.

Firefox should've been behind on secury updates? No thanks

Everyone who has used FF knows that they push unnecessary updates. I stick to trusted websites, and browse the web with an ad-blocker. These security updates don't mean much to me.

> (OP)
>
>
>
>
>Because it doesn't fully use Quantum yet, you retards. Quantum is a browsing revolution that leaves the "competition" in its dust.

FFx for Android v60 (beta as of now) fully enabled Stylo, and I am barely seeing any changes in performance on my SD652 chinkphone compared to previous versions. I even enabled the WebRender flag in about:config to no avail.

Just for testing, I installed Brave and it seems to be way more performant. FFx is still my primary browser, but it sucks knowing that others are significantly faster.

Quantum in Android fucking when?

I didnt think it was done. And if it is its still in beta.
I'vre tried brave and firefox on my S8+ and there wasnt much difference. Maybe with default settings its different but no one uses defaults.

I used to like Brave till I went through their privacy policy. Won't recommend.

As a 1st Gen Moto g user I had to start using chrome about a year ago, Firefox was too slow.

Getting the Moto g6 when it's released in a month

Moto G6 will be good. Stupid me spent money on the G5s+.

Waterfox should never have existed. Mozilla had a silly vendetta against Win64 for some reason, but it's been over for years now and Waterfox should have died then.

Firefox with ublock origin blocking 3rd party scripts and violentmonkey with adsbypasser script is god tier on mobile.

Based

Violentmonkey sucks ass, for some reason it will occasionally stop injecting my scripts into pages untill I reboot firefox

uninstalled it yesterday from my phone.
I'm using it only on my older snow leopard install due the fact the esr is the last well working browser in such legacy os.

I was a fanboy of ff until I start using chrome on the desktop. For years I stick to ff because it was my main browser during windows xp gold age. It was so fast. And chrome still not the best browser and has some annoying details but they are more manageable than the slowdown ff has while firing up.

Browsing net were progressive as it was in the past, things that took a little freeze on ff just for loading, in chrome it simply loads faster and instantly.

The only problem is, it is not possible to run on older legacy systems like snow leopard and the available chrome version for it has not good compatibility to newer stuff on net while ff esr has.

This, you've gotta use Nightly. On mobile beta and stable have disabled all the performance improvements for stability.

Quantum isn't even finished yet. They held back webrender which is nowhere near finished and also a bunch of other features (tab warming, tab hiding api, min vid etc.)

>visiting Jow Forums
>stick to trusted websites
Choose one and one only

>Firefox for Android
battery whore

they put their money in lawyers an SJW activists not coders

You must be a retarded pajit. I use Clover on my phone for browsing Jow Forums. I browse Jow Forums on my desktop with uBlock Origin and some other privacy add ons. Stop trying to create a point. You're failing. Miserably.

Attached: images.jpg (251x201, 11K)

>Muh sjw boogeyman

Ah, all those unnecessary security updates, who even needs them? Waterfox best!

PEBKAC