So this... is the power of the web?

So this... is the power of the web?

Attached: web.png (900x495, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Map_(higher-order_function)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no, this is what happens when you say everyone can be a programmer! You get shit like this.

Literally what is a "map" even?

This, I have no idea what map is or does sorry.

It's a Python thing

Attached: 1509179911180.png (403x448, 53K)

It's basically a glorified way to call a loop created to make idiots like feel superior.

You fools laugh at one of my fellow Code Artisans, but you still use our Android apps available on the Google Play Store.

Don't use a for loop if you literally just want to apply a function separately to every element of an array. Do use a for loop if you need to use some sort of iterative process on the array.

Imagine being so retarded you conflate a for loop with a map

I don't

>Don't use a for loop if you literally just want to apply a function separately to every element of an array
Why?

I prefer map to for loops fight me

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Map_(higher-order_function)

>web
Are you saying this is supposed to be a discussion about JS? I don't know of either map or forEach being defined in JS.

>his compiler doesn't negate the differences between map and a for loop

they're in ES6 I think.

And lodash has had map and foreach for a while

What does a person proclaiming to use a good python feature for an idiotic reason have to do with "the web"?

I will rape you

Because the interpreter can omit bounds checking this way making execution much faster.

Are you trying to pretend the compiler wouldn't be able to elide the bounds checks if you were using a for loop?

Because it's needlessly verbose and clutters the code. Borrowing the map pattern from functional programming can make your code easier to write, shorter, and clearer.

what happened to .clone()

Name 1 (one) difference.

there's no need, nature already won you are a fucking retard and probably ridden with other mental illness.

if you don't prefer working with higher order functions you're stupid

no a for loop is faster lol

map returns a new array

Take an array, take a function, the mapping of those is a new array made of the results of each of the elements in the first array being input to the given function.

Map is a very specific type of for loop. If your goal is to take data from some kind of reader and convert it into an array of classes, map is perfectly fine and will behave (and perform) pretty much exactly like a fully written out for loop.

For anything else it's overkill and stupid.

Just install nodeJs, pass the data to node and loop there
its more efficient