Found this old G3 in my dead grandma's basement. It seems to be the Ruby model with the slot-loading DVD drive...

Found this old G3 in my dead grandma's basement. It seems to be the Ruby model with the slot-loading DVD drive. It's got the 450 MHz processor in it.

Approximately how much can I get for this turd?

Attached: imac.jpg (2016x1512, 352K)

user that's e-waste

You'll have to sell it locally, so I'd say maybe $50 to an Apple collector if you can find one, but don't hold your breath.

5 bucks if you're lucky
OP hipster shit thinks this is worth anything lol

50 maybe if it was mint condition with all peripherals and box and you actually find an autistic apple collector

Neat machine.

$30 to someone looking for machine to play older Mac games I would think. Doesn't support much modern software well, and Gentoo's probably the only Linux worth installing for a PowerPC these days.

you would earn more if it was stand alone apple CRT I had one but some idiot cut the cable :( couldn't find replacement vga cable.

I'm saying $50 Australian, by the way.

Pretty useless if you can get a G4 MDD that runs MacOS 9 also for around 20 bucks and a better Trinitron CRT for half of that.

All Apple CRTs, even the Trinitrons are flawed and WILL break, usually taking your GPU with it sooner than later when compared to other monitors with same tubes.

Citation needed.

I'll give you $5 if you drive to Kansas

If it does have the DVD drive, then maybe $50 USD? This assumes you have the color matching keyboard and mouse, but the DVD drive is rare, most had CD or CD burner. Old macs have the specs printed on them, IIRC slot load had them on the bottom

I'd give you $20 for it
It's cool and deserves a home but that doesn't mean it's solid gold.

I want to know where you live that you can go out and casually buy a nice MDD for $20 whenever you want.
It took me probably 7 years of recycler surfing before I pulled my dual 1 GHz Quicksilver. But I still run my 400 MHz B&W and 500 MHz Sawtooth and a couple iMacs too.

IIRC some of those old apple crt didn't use VGA, they had some apple proprietary cable that carried video, power, and usb data

yeah they used ADC which functioned as a kind of pre-HDMI rolling audio, video and USB all into one common cable

you can break them out into DVI/audio/USB but pre-built adapters are expensive

Estonia. Local sales sites have G4 and G5 Power Macs and Power/iBooks from 0.10€ to 30€ usually (depending if it's a auction or ad) and there's always a couple on sale. Same for (nice, i.e. actual brand Trinitrons) CRT monitors that people say are so extremely hard to find. G3 and 68k Apple shit is not as common though, but usually you can get a nice Quadra or related for 50€.

That's cool, definitely not the case elsewhere though. If you don't want to wait for something to come up you're looking at upwards of $100 for anything worth a damn (high-end Quicksilver or better) and even my preferred recycler that will just sell me whatever the fuck off the pallet for $5 a piece will high-grade the occasional Quicksilver and put it out front for $35-$40.

Really just saying that there's absolutely nothing wrong with using a G3 iMac like this as a legacy box, they're decently plentiful and plenty of applications worth having will run fine on them. Even my B&W somewhat gimped with its factory 8.5.1 image is well loaded with games and software and not really limited at all for what I like to do with it.

about $3.50 (if you can convince someone to take it)

I know this might be hard for you to accept, but just because it's an Apple product doesn't mean it's worth anything or in demand. Throw it on eBay and start around $50. You might get lucky.

It looks pretty cool so I'd probably pay $20 to have it set on my shelf

Boot it up, and find out how much of a perve, or Nazi your grandpa was