/cyb/ + /sec/ - Cyberpunk and Cybersecurity General

Ω All are welcome here; the world is fucked and we are all in this together.

◙ Cypherpunk Manifesto >>activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html

◘ Cyberpunk Manifesto >>project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html

∆ Hacker Manifesto >>phrack.org/issues/7/3.html

± Guerilla Open Access Manifesto >>archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

▓ Fables, realities, prophecies and mythology of a community:

░ What is cyberpunk >>pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB

▀ The importance of a cyberpunk mindset applied to a cybersecurity skillset.: >youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk

● Cyberpunk directory: >pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH

▬ Cyberpunk resources >pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx

▐ Cybersecurity essentials/resources >pastebin.com/SCUbhpjP
>pastebin.com/VTXRAPxM

Cntrl + F Basic Knowledges, Basic Training, Arms/Arm >pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX

▼ Endware: Heavy armor for anons, by anons >>endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html

⦿ Shit just got real: >pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0

S archive: textfiles.com

Cybersecurity essentials/resources:
Reference books:
>mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw
>PASSWORD : ABD52oM8T1fghmY0

ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/

=== /cyb sec/ News:
>BBC - Culture - Film review: Ready Player One
bbc.com/culture/story/20180320-film-review-ready-player-one

>Sex doll 'brothel': Paris council to decide on future of Xdolls games centre
bbc.com/news/world-europe-43463625

>Life as a cyborg
bbc.com/storyworks/future/innovation-at-the-edge/life-as-a-cyborg

>Robot Wrangler jobs
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/

>Staying one step ahead of the cyber-spies
bbc.com/news/business-43259900

>Guccifer 2.0 outed
theregister.co.uk/2018/03/24/security_roundup/

Attached: 1521490883549.png (255x159, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sam.zeloof.xyz/
wowana.me/contact
mesh.gentoo.today/wiki/Main_Page
en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Knowledge_map&action=history
bbc.com/culture/story/20180320-film-review-ready-player-one
csoonline.com/article/3059461/data-breach/uber-fraud-scammer-takes-the-ride-victim-gets-the-bill.html
money.cnn.com/2017/11/22/technology/uber-hack-consequences-cover-up/index.html
whatsthatcharge.com/UBER-US
theregister.co.uk/2018/01/11/uber_ripley/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

B u m p

>tfw no neighborhood mesh net

How does one start by making a mesh network. Looking to make some out of some Pi zeros.

Yay! Good to see this thread back!

>and you don't seem to understand...

a shame you seemed an honest man...

and all the fears you hold so dear...

Some user uploaded an absolutely giant Cyberpunk arts gallery here
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Images,%20Art,%20Memes/cyberpunk/

"High Tech - Low Life, is commonly heard when discussing Cyberpunk. So how high tech can you go in a small scale operation? Pretty impressive in fact:
sam.zeloof.xyz/

So making your own chips free from backdoors is in fact possible. Pretty impressive I have to say, I used to work in labs with this kind of stuff.

Hello comrades. Nice to see the thread back. I've been talking with one of the two guys that keep pushing Meshnet everywhere and got some information in case someone wants to reach one of them if you need it or just want to join them or ask some things.
>wowana.me/contact

Also they fixed the wiki and now we can check progress, links and maps without having an active thread.
>mesh.gentoo.today/wiki/Main_Page

We had one of the latest discussions on the /mg/ thread which is usually active. If you're interested tell me and I will post archive link.

You have a lot to read, especially on self organising networks. Check out BATMAN.

Also radio amateurs use digital packet radio that are effectively dynamic long distance mesh networks. Check out the Radio FAQ for more.

Interesting, thanks for the info. I bet the guys at /diy/ will love this too.
Big meshnet networks are definitely happening, the technology has come to a point where is now cheap and easy for the tech savvy. What is next are specific websites living in the meshnet so people will talk about them like they do like darknets, unbeknownst of their actual presence and with a kind of fantasy for most people but with a small amount actually going there.

Will tend to whisper in your eaaaars....

Any good tips on knowledge management tools? In /cyb/ and also /sec/ there is a whole lot of things to keep in mind. Wackypedia is no help, bat crazed deletionists are determined to wreak havoc. The irony is probably lost on them.
en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Knowledge_map&action=history

haven't been here for a while, what's the irc rooms name again?

If you are just learning for fun remember to check out Harvards CS50 course too, helps a lot with sec to understand how programs work.

Is this something we can add to the /sec/ FAQ?

Yes, this gallery come from cyberpunk.asia
The author stopped the website, so I asked him to upload his gallery on the ftp.

Newbie with ftps here. Filezilla says the certificate is unknow, and that hostname does not match certificate. Is this usual in this FTP?

it's a free course on edx.com, I guess it gets updated every 6 months or so? it has video lectures and problem sets to go by.

Is Hacking; The Art of Exploitation a good place to start if I have little to no experience with tech/coding/hacking?

Short answer: Yes...

Long answer: It starts you off with C and assembly so it can be pretty overwhelming at first..
But it generally does a good job at easing you into the subject.
You should also check out Vulnhub they have some really nice beginner CTF challenges that you can use to apply your knowledge..
I can also recommend LiveOverflow on YouTube..

Excellent contribution, please pass on my regards if you can. And suggest the author pop in here if possible. The more the merrier.

is this Jow Forumsternet logo ?

i didn't believe you were a real hacker at first but then i saw you were using random cp437 glyphs as bullets for your list. the government must be terrified of you.

It's the logo of coplandos from serial experiments lain you uneducated fuck

>=== /cyb sec/ News:
>>BBC - Culture - Film review: Ready Player One
>bbc.com/culture/story/20180320-film-review-ready-player-one
That was a shitty adaption if I even seen one.

>So making your own chips free from backdoors is in fact possible.
And expensive.

i use FTP, not FTPS. For reading/downloading any browser is fine. I have never seen any certificate errors since I don't use secure protocol.

If you want to upload you can use Midnight Commander.

Attached: CyberSuit2.jpg (1024x751, 97K)

I was using filezilla because tinfoil and it reported that. Just wanted to notify it.

Someone knows ClamAV? I was thinking on using it on a container inside of a server, so I can download things automatically and safe there for shady places.

Page 8 brothers.

And page 7 again. Quiet evening?

More comfiness to be found in which also relates to stuff discussed earlier here.

Attached: ff_walker_f.jpg (630x495, 71K)

Interesting...

So:
Let's say I have a lot of money, enough to buy a small company with the equipment to build ICs on a small scale and on a large (AKA old) node. What are some custom chips that /cyb/ autists would be looking for? I'm talking open source chips like
>microcontrollers
>dumphone SOCs
>radio modems
Any ideas?
Keep in mind that the open source part will have to be a major selling point because it will be impossible to be cheaper that major manufacturers. Also, a large an low-tech node means no "competitive" desktop or laptop chips.

>How does one start by making a mesh network

You can take a look at the gternet project. Read the image, download the gternet-cli and get started now. The setup works on rpi, debian, and will be expanded to more distros. Right now we need people testing this locally (ideally, 3+ nodes if you have some spare hardware), and setting up VPN to mesh with other existing nodes over the internet.
Over the weekend we'll test some p2p connection.
We hang on IRC, so you're welcome there.

The time is right to take back control over the network.

Nope, I'll bump with the logo later (yes, we have the logo already)

Attached: mesh10.png (1240x1754, 1.19M)

Ready player one has cyberpunk element alright, but it is NOT cyberpunk. The movie doesnt have the balls to do so, because it was designed to appeal to the broadest possible audience. The book also flirts with cyberpunk but it lacks darkness, and it is too fragile to take on the heaviest aspects of the genre, not that it is a problem, the book doesnt want to be full-on cyberpunk. Its the people that calls Ready player one cyberpunk whom are at fault.

I registered for the National Cyber League competition knowing close to nothing about CTFs or security. Am I fucked? I just joined since a senior told me I didn't need experience.

Attached: 1521412561761.jpg (800x670, 77K)

Earlier we had a discussion about light control The follow up never came, is that user still here?

You mean the user who wanted to move or the one who said the mirror thing?

Talking about the movie is a waste of time as it clearly shits on source.

It has pretty much all the cyberpunk elements, it's just that the nostalgia is the main drive and focus. I consider it cyberpunk, though less "noir" than many other works. it's as cyberpunk as the Hackers movie.

ClamAV is a complex matter. There are very few AV comparisons that used it and the few that are place it very low.

>and the few that are place it very low.
That's what I heard, that's why I wanted to know more about it. I sounded good to me to have a container which Clam (or whatever software) analyzed and assured it was clean shit before moving it. Such a pity.

Well, there are fewer malware on Linux than Windows, that's a start. You may as well use along side with common sense.

Posting pictures I like to keep this bitch alive.

Attached: 1456868738234.jpg (2560x1600, 3.93M)

Hopefully it doesn't stop me from posting.

Attached: 1522007183388.jpg (943x698, 260K)

>it's as cyberpunk as the Hackers movie.
wew lad

Reminder that 99% of you are larping retards
If you don't own an Ida license you aren't doing security

For OSINT? Maltego is the go-to in the industry. I just use google dorks and shodan tho, since Im cheap. There are hundreds of tools out there. So Im sure you can find some that work for you.

Where do Jow Forumsternet people hang out? I know that there used to be threads, but is there an IRC now?

You need to sign your own root certificate for your ftps server and then upload it to your browsers certificate store.

Tp is on floor next to shower ewwww

>We hang on IRC, so you're welcome there.
I wish I know too.

Meh, it used to be worse. Maderas is still on null sec, larping tough after he promised a bunch of shit on here and never delivered. This is a good thraed to get started, but a bit disorganized. Im not sure how much has changed since, but the earlier pastebins were full of unecessary rubbish.

It's as good a movie as it was too. Though no one will remember it.

Didn't know whether to post this here or make a new thread

>Uber hacked from 2014 onwards
>Uber pays hackers to delete information
csoonline.com/article/3059461/data-breach/uber-fraud-scammer-takes-the-ride-victim-gets-the-bill.html
>Last year we have this
money.cnn.com/2017/11/22/technology/uber-hack-consequences-cover-up/index.html
>2018, people (including my mom and sister) are finding charges on their cards under "UberUSA San Fran"
whatsthatcharge.com/UBER-US
Is this all connected or am I jumping too quickly into conclusions? Also, I protect myself from things like these by not using any services I don't need to use, but how often do these things happen and how can regular people protect themselves?

>not using IDA to crack IDA
step up retard

I used to be on the IRC and then Opal flipped out and kicked everyone. Then it was back for awhile, but then I couldn't connect anymore. Took it off my auto connect after a week or two.

>Wasting your time
>Can't publish anything referring to using Ida
Congratulations, you played yourself

God, I'm retarded. Guess I can't read.

No problem user. Is always funny to throw this little taunts. No offense intended.

hackers is a fun movie, a stupid fun movie. One of those "its so bad its good" movie, having said that, Hackers is as cyberpunk as My left foot.

>>BBC - Culture - Film review: Ready Player One
>bbc.com/culture/story/20180320-film-review-ready-player-one
disgusting, the movie is a CGI shitfest, as deep as a fucking bowl of poorly made soup. Fuck that

Page 7

Anybody try Arch Black?

*Black Arch?

Page 7 again,altough I'm not that user

I was waiting for page 8 (and forgot name last post)

How does open-source security software work? Isnt it just making it easier for attackers to get around, since they know what they are working with?

The story was never meant to be deep. The darker parts of the story are actually toned down and they throw a resistance subplot that goes nowhere for no reason besides giving more screentime to Art3mis.

With the book at least you get a good sense of nostalgia, the movie is one of the most boring experiences ever. Gotta admit though that I loved to see the Gundam and the Mechagodzilla.

It's cool, but you can't stop comparing it with Kali and that kinda ruins the experience,

Also, how much botnet there's on Kali? Because the whole "breaking shit if you use Debian's repo" smells really bad.

Page 7 comrades. Have a good night.

>how can regular people protect themselves?
They can't, not until they start to value their personal data.

Page 9 bumping

Or worse, most of them dont even care.
As long as they have a place to share their "magnificent and ever so empowering" life experiences in the form of photo and video most of them dont give a shit which data is shared with whom.
Even worse, the new generations see sharing all kinds of personal data as natural as to breathe.

why would you pay for it? there are a bunch of leaked versions already, including the SDK, hexrays for ARM, etc.
also, not everyone does or has to do RE as a job...
but I agree, this thread usually sucks, mostly because of the /cyb/ fucks, and also, because /sec/ people don't come here much.

>>Uber hacked from 2014 onwards
kek

Can I dump a bunch of books into the collectivecomputers.org FTP? Most aren't tech related but they're good books

If you want yo can open a new category under Books. What do you have in mind? Poetry? Interests around here are pretty wide ranging.

Attached: 2159_posternormalsize_trappist.jpg (804x1152, 186K)

thanks for making this thread op, i always enjoy these type of friends.

irc is at
/server irc.jollo.org +9999
/join #gternet
(the + before the port it's because of SSL, dont skip that) Certificate is self signed, so it might or might not give you errors depending on your client configuration. Server has almost 99.8% uptime, so if you can't connect it's probably a problem on your end. Report back here, we'll try to help.
If you announce yourself and don't get answers don't worry, chat sometimes is slow, hang in there.

For as much as I don't like how they handled the data breach, I love kill switches, and they had one.
>theregister.co.uk/2018/01/11/uber_ripley/

Attached: Mesh_designv1.png (888x631, 153K)

This

So I was sick of my cheap shitbox router not getting security updates, because I was getting scared by hearing stories about routers getting pwned. so after much banging my head against the wall, I managed to build my own. It's an old i3 with a dual-port NIC running Debian (stable). My question is, how do I know if I've secured the thing properly? I think I've covered all my bases but I'm not sure. I have:
>an nftables firewall that drops everything inbound except for established connections and ICMP
>A DHCP server that should only be listening on the LAN, because I only told it about that interface in its /etc/default/ file
>Unbound, configured to forward queries with DNS-over-TLS to a server that supports it, and only listening on the LAN subnet and loopback
>SSH, with ListenAddress set to only pay attention to the LAN subnet, with root login disabled and (once I set it up) public-key only login
>Should be no surprise IPv6 leaks, since I'm too much of a brainlet to tell my WAN interface to do DHCP6 in /etc/network/interfaces anyway

Am I missing anything here? I don't think I am but the amount of groping in the dark I had to do to figure out how to build this thing makes me worried that I overlooked something. Do I need something like AppArmor or SELinux?

Attached: ssl gets added and removed here!.jpg (320x220, 6K)

You could have just installed pfsense.

You are doing good with your own setup.
Have you installed anything for monitoring your outbound traffic ? If you want greater control of the network flow, I would install something like a proxy (or better, vpn+ssl mitm) and tunnel traffic there, then regularly inspect the logs for unexpected activity. Also, if you have phones connected to your router, you want to keep an eye on those. You don't imagine how much shit travels out from those things, you might find really funny things. Even the most secured firewall won't prevent leaks if the threat is already inside your network.

I actually did that first. Then I was poking around in the DNS settings and apparently the web console doesn't provide a way to force DNS over TLS. I could just turn on SSH and poke in its config file myself. But going behind the back of something that's meant to have a nice fancy front end sounded like asking for trouble. And if I was even thinking of doing that, I figured, that's probably a sign I should just build the damn thing myself, I wasn't gonna learn how all the bits and pieces went together unless I did. And I actually did wind up with at least a rudimentary knowledge of firewalling, instead of just saying "well, pfSense does it right by default, yes?"

just tcpdump, which I used along with staring at journalctl with unbound's verbosity turned up to verify that the DNS packets I hoped were using TLS actually were. I suppose that's a pretty labor-intensive way to monitor things though.

I don't have any phones on it now since I haven't set up hostapd yet. My plan is to set up two virtual interfaces from the wireless card and then put the APs on them on two different subnets so I can handle them easily in nftables - a trusted one for my shit where I let stuff flow between it and my LAN subnet, and a "guest" wifi that can only go out to the internet.

I'm gonna guess that my other main point of leverage for monitoring traffic is gonna be DNS, since it should be easy to log my own queries. I've trusted my own phone so far since it has Lineage and lacks gapps, but I suppose that now that I have the means I should actually take a look. Any particular kinds of traffic I should look out for? Should I be worried about someone else's phone on my guest network doing things under "my" IP, or do you think it's enough to just keep it away from the local network?

How do you know if you have talent when it comes to security/pentesting?

Attached: e6a.png (500x279, 153K)

The mere fact you asked that question shows that
no, you do not.

Attached: wallhaven-603083.jpg (1920x1920, 2.09M)

>just tcpdump
next step could be coupling with sslsplit so you can inspect enctypted traffic too
>that's a pretty labor-intensive
if you have a dedicated machine for that, it should be no problem. If you see this hangs your traffic, you can offload to another machine, or simply tune down the monitoring.
>two virtual interfaces
network isolation is good, you might consider using 2 different phisical adapters
>other main point of leverage for monitoring traffic is gonna be DNS
you can try pihole as a start. I did that, it works great.
>Should I be worried about someone else's phone on my guest network
They might have malware that map your internal network and call home, or worse, but if you put them in a isolated network, you are already minimizing the damage and easy spot that.

Attached: 67b7a3f8fe04024.gif (500x360, 1.26M)

or that I'm incredibly insecure and rely on validation from strangers on the internet

Page 7 brothers.

What happened with maderas.

Fucking gommie

rude

No it doesn’t

Last thread someone said he had been observed elsewhere. He has not been seen here nor has OH been online for a long time now.

>buy cheap ass tp-link router that supports openwrt or LEDE
>replace its firmware with openwrt or LEDE
>???
>profit
it's not even difficut, m8

How can you secure anything when you yourself are insecure?

Attached: 1520801502660.png (200x200, 45K)

Not tsame user but you could think the insecurity will make you overextend or overkill. So it could be even more secured.

How do I into networking? It seems cool as shit but I don't know where to start.