I do a metric fuckton of note taking by hand because it helps commit things to memory the best for me...

I do a metric fuckton of note taking by hand because it helps commit things to memory the best for me, but it's a pain in the ass when my hand cramps and my grip sucks.
You guys always have really good taste when it comes to consumer decisions regarding PC peripherals, headphones, etc...
I need a smooth as fuck pen that makes not constant note taking easier please. Also just pen general.

Attached: 716L5Z9QeaL._SL1326_.jpg (1160x1326, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iAYPDxrTryA?t=36
youtube.com/channel/UC8vvvZUOQu8VErKCDvRVM9g/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

rotring rapid pro ballpoint

Attached: DSC_0249.jpg (1000x667, 250K)

thanks

also bump

Fountain pen. Pic related.

>Ballpoint
>Smooth
Gel pens are the only real alternative.

Attached: twsbi eco.png (1024x1024, 213K)

Get a fountain pen idiot.

Mitsubishi Uniball Eye Micro.

/thread

Attached: 0820016002 (2).jpg (900x900, 29K)

What advantages do fountain pens have over gel besides randomly staining your clothes?

Used to be a Uniball Eye Micro person but the Uniball Signo just blows it out of the water for smoothness.

Power rankings:
>Uniball Signo, always smooth, not as messy as a fountain pen
>Fountain pen if you want a huge selection of ink colors and you want to be different
>Rollerballs
>[massive powergap]
>All ballpoints

Attached: 538.jpg (600x400, 19K)

(not OP) thanks for the recommendation, is the drying time of the Signo any different to the Micro? I'm a lefty and the Micro is just about tolerable.

Signo dries quite quickly, but isn't it down to what kind of paper you use?

staedtler 0.5mm mechanical pencil, I prefer 2B leads.

Attached: staedtler.png (186x1200, 108K)

That does have an effect but I've seen variation on the same paper with different gel pens. The Micro isn't the fastest drying but it's very consistent and glides so I stick with it.

if you're randomly staining your shit with a fountain pen then you're doing something wrong, the pen is defective chinkshit, or you're retarded

Attached: 4902505085680-4902505085680_master[1].jpg (755x566, 11K)

I've seen those pens in /csg/, where can I find them?h

Brand name is Muji, amazon carries them

thanks user

Just a tip, if your having trouble with grip and cannot write for extended periods of time you might wanna get checked for carpal tunnel. I had it in college and my hand could not keep up with my brain during essay tests. I also had numbness in my hands. Thankfully the surgery is super easy so it wasnt a big deal.

Pentel energel 0.5mm

Attached: 27885.jpg (600x400, 25K)

I don't think anything beats the Pigma Microns from Sakura

They use fast drying archival ink, so unlike the Muji ones in your picture they dry and can't be smudged after the fact. You can even soak the paper in water or oil (even the oils from your fingers that can make even the sharpie pens run) and the ink won't run at all. The tips are superior to the ballpoint and if you have small handwriting like me you can go down in nib size lower than any conventional ballpoint. Also unlike ballpoints they leave consistent lines. Downside is that if you press hard enough you can ruin the felt-ish tip, but I've never done that before and I've been using them for years. They also make Plastic Nib versions called PNs that they say are better for notes vs. the drawing that these pens are intended for - but I have never tried them so I can't speak to em. They use the same ink, and knowing the brand, they'll be built well,

Got the advice not to grip the pen hard, ever, from a doctor that did this surgery on someone I know

Attached: pigma.jpg (798x684, 96K)

Many people have learned improper habits when it comes to writing such as unergonomic grips. Many people tend to squeeze the pen too much. It really helps to retrain that. Go back all the way and exercise basic hand movements, it helps very much if you use an actual fountain pen, as you can then hold the pen at a flatter angle and apply less pressure. Many people have difficulties adjusting at the beginning and in consequence even destroy the pen in the process. So make sure not to buy an expensive one.

WHERE THE FUCK CAN I BUY THIS

Don't /thread yourself you faggot

nwm found it on amazon

Their .38 line is nice, they have a store close by but it's expensive as fug.

I bought inks and shit but never used them because I'm a stupid lefty that smudges ink as he writes

don't get a fountain pen unless you aren't messy.

>hand cramps and my grip sucks.
>from writing

You sure you don't have carpal tunnel or arthritis?

Just bought them. What i'm in for?

>don't get a fountain pen unless you aren't messy.
I'm messy as fuck but use fp, get your shit together

I used to travel to south east asia a tonne for work. They have a an entire movement on collecting stationary and even 10 years on, they have some of the most amazing stationary known to man.

Try to everything from there. Take a trip to popular bookstore in singapore, or kinakoniya in Japan. It's insane.

Attached: 1407658187450.jpg (800x532, 182K)

How does Signo ink compare to Micro? I found that Micro ink bleeds heavily through thin notebook paper, and I have to use something denser like A4 printer paper or a specific kind of notebooks

Pilot drawing pens are my go to, the pigment ones.

I work in /gd/ and sketch quite a bit.

Maybe if you are used to using a ballpoint or a gel pen you will find the sensation of the tip more like a graphite pencil in that it is a tiny bit scratchy cuz it's not a gel and there is no roller. Other than what's in the first post you may find out you write too hard for that size nib (just check if the tip is bent to the side after writing) but that is pretty unlikely - only ever happened to one of mine after an unlucky drop so watch out for that, and be careful of mashing the tip with the edge of the cap if you jam it on hard

Also, people might comment on it or ask if you are an artist "like they are " hahaha. Some people have decided that they're a status symbol I guess When I use mine in lecture it isn't too uncommon that someone will have to tell me that they use them too or that they love them, what they are trying to make you think is that they're an artist or something cus they bought these pens that their fave story boarder or manga artist uses.

>DongA MyGel
can be messy on untrained hand and shitty paper, but writing can be solid af
one of my chosen daily drivers, dirt cheap
also with different color variations
>dat Bic pen with striped shiny&matte cap
i cant seem to find these in the internet
it is a gel pen too and if i remember it right, ballpoint
not retractable
>if im not using MyGel, i am using these Bics
i dont know if these pens suit your handgrip
or just that your grip sucks
but these might not hurt a lot to try

Attached: MyGel.jpg (640x480, 77K)

model?

I love microns

Muji gel pens on Amazon.

are all the mujis and microns on aliexpress fakes?

Attached: 46a.png (645x729, 97K)

/thread

Read the filename holy shit

Haven't had any bleed through problems with Signo on cheap paper yet.

The kind of person who stains himself writing with a fountain pen is the same kind of person who stains his clothes when eating pasta lmao
Anyway their advantage is that you don’t have to press hard but gel pens are like that too

why would you ever use anything else than Bic EasyClic™

Attached: lista-de-rechizite-stilou-bic-easy-click.jpg (600x600, 37K)

I am using some localy produced black 0,5mm ball point pens, just the thinnest pen available in nearby store.

opinions on the european version of the kuru toga?

Attached: 8245.jpg (600x400, 19K)

F/S Muji knock-type body with 0.5mm Pentel Energel refill

This combination is just right in terms of smoothness, thickness, and drying time (this helps if you need to highlight quickly afterwards).

These are great. Very smooth and fast drying. Good if you have to make notes with sketches in.

Attached: 9-x-staedtler-pigment-liner-fineliners-drawing-pens-full-range-0.05mm-to-0.8mm-2047-p.jpg (314x161, 8K)

How has no one said the pilot G2? Literally the best all around pen. Buy a pilot MR rollerball if you want a little bit more weight. (It uses the same cartridges.)

shit ink that smears and has inconsistent flow but can look nice in 0.5
trash tips prone to damage from normal use
gimmick, functionality wasn't even made for latin characters in mind

pens are trash.
use a 0.7 mm mechanical pencil with soft lead

personally I'm screwed either way as a lefty, my hand gets smeared with ink or pencil dust and I end up smudging up the whole page
I am not sure what can be done about it other than trying to start writing right to left like in arabic or something.

Muji. Ikea of small goods.

Signing papers?

This user knows whats up

Attached: 20180406_113716-1518x1138.jpg (1518x1138, 184K)

you get called an artist because they are art pens first and foremost, that said I replace fountain pen nibs with g nibs when I can because I like fine lines.

that said, have any idea where I cant get 005 microns in bulk, or a 005 micron size felt pen in bulk?
I like writing in fine lines, but spending 7-15$ on 1 pen sucks.

aside from being a gimmick, what do you think of it? to me, it's comfortable and the lead fits snugly

imo, uniball/mitsu doesn't make good lead mechanisms. The kuru and the alphagel are prone to breaking lead and not cycling out short pieces properly. I personally used the kuru and alphagel for long periods and imo they're inferior compared to a cheap pentel graphgear 500.

>pentel graphgear 500.
>not the GOAT graphgear 1000

Can't use pencil on basically any sort of financial or legal document.

They're both smooth so the only advantages:
Having any color/ink you want, some inks look beautiful
If it opens up like one of those dip pens you get to make the lines thicker
You can make the lines even thinner by writing with the nib the other way
If you put the line to the paper and move it will smear ink around like a ghetto watercolor brush (with a pretty gradient)

As far as messiness goes, don't go on a plane with it, don't use it if it leaks at all, don't be a lefty, and the worst that can happen is that your hand is colored a bit like your ink when refilling.

I'm really reaching here, if you couldn't tell. I have one but only because an old relative keeled over and I got his pen.

Here's a blogpsot:
After cycling through many different pens over the years, I've come to like rollerball based the best. I use a uniball alphagel jetstream with 0.5 refills. Rollerball is imo the best of the ballpoint and gel worlds, especially if you're left handed.

Was greatly disappointed in Pilot from my experience with the V5 precise and the hitec-c. Both lines suffered from inconsistent/poor inkflow after getting about halfway through the ink in any given tube.
Used dr. Grip ballpoints but never liked how large the grip was.
Used Muji and while they have good inkflow, it's not consistent and smears easily. Difficult to write in small print, even with 0.5.
Pilot G2 were decent but still smears.
Zebra F301 were good and compact.
Micron is leaky shit.

enlighten us, oh cynical one
what tf is your use case?

leaky shit? What does that mean user

damn I got my microns for a dollar each from an amazon order of 12 or 14 or something like that
If you know a size you like I am pretty sure it's cheaper to get the packs of 1 size as I know they overprice the variety packs

What would you suggest is a good fountain pen for someone who writes super small? I use a 0.3 mechanical pencil and my pen nibs are smaller

whats the consensus Jow Forums ? too lazy to read , help me pick a pen

fountain pens are more expensive, the mech kbs of pens
muji pens are nice and cheap but smudgy
pigma microns have the best ink if you're not buying ink separate
gel pens write the smoothest, run out fastest
the best ballpoint is the rotring

Jow Forums is mech pencil > pen consensus it seems

I like my rapid pro pencil but I can't stand the way the ballpoint lines are all patchy like that
do they do other pens or something? Even in that pic the line is splotchy. best I've seen for a ball tho

If your hand cramps from writing, lose weight and go to the gym

probably gain weight, if you're suffering from a pencil you are probably a skeleton

It's not based on extensive use so maybe my assessment is unfair but I've only owned one micron, that was brand new (sealed in packaging) and it was unexplainably leaking ink from the seal above the tip after a bit of use. I'm autistically gentle with my stationary so I know it wasn't my fault.

Attached: 1480617064272.jpg (4160x3120, 2.68M)

You could tell everyone you have a fountain pen.

seems odd to me, I've had loads and never experienced that. Damaged in shipping or left somewhere too humid in transit or something would be my guess

youtu.be/iAYPDxrTryA?t=36

this guy has used 100s and 100s of them, and his biggest complaint was that they weren't rubberized on the outside. I think you just got unlucky desu

Love your collection

How's the 0.3 Draftmatic? Would you choose it over the Graphgear 500? they're the same price on amazon where I life and I'm not sure how to decide

Attached: gg3.jpg (500x500, 20K)

notes, many locations a day
Imo, rollerball types and graphing pencils are best even if more expensive. Lower end almost always has some problem

quite similar, both have plastic upper bodies. I personally prefer the draftmatic tip compared to the graphgear.

Attached: 1470.jpg (600x400, 24K)

My niggggggga

>not using a jetstream model 33921
Why live?

Attached: 33921.jpg (640x480, 8K)

i use those you posted in the op (but thinner tip) because they are cheap

Use a wacom tablet to digitze all your notes. You also don't need to worry about paper or ink at all. If you absolutely must use paper, do it with a Palomino Blackwing. Sure they're expensive, but don't act like 20 dollars for a 12 pack won't last your for 4 or 5 months

>As far as messiness goes, don't go on a plane with it
I travel long haul international (and short haul domestic) all the time and never had a problem.
To ensure hassle free flights, make sure the pen is full of ink, or empty (or near that). You get problems when it's half full or not full to the brim because of the air pocket. Also, store the pens upright during takeoff and landing. That's all. No ink problems or mess.

There are certain pen models that can prevent any potential fuckery at all, but to be honest they're not needed just for that single feature.

yeah, it was probably just bad luck. Microns are pretty standard for art applications afterall

>Palomino Blackwing
meme pencil popularized by the usual round of cucks that bought into the same inispid marketing that made moleskine so successful, knockoff of overhyped pencil long OOP
it's the same deal too: new product that only superficially resembles old product that was once used by XYZ writer/famous people and that's now bought by idiots that fell for the marketing thinking they're going to be the next hemingway if only they used the same pencil or notebook lmao

If you're a real man, you'd use 0.3mm

I did write that unsupported on the toilet, generally the lines are more consistent. I regret getting the 2mm rapid pro. Wish I'd gone with a 0.07mm. I believe you can replace the ink cartridge with a FSP one.

That pen is amazing, only have thoses for at least 12 years

>sideways
Easier to read the pen name.
Pic related is the best pen I’ve ever had, 10/10 recommended.

Attached: 2B8E43A6-6FD5-4067-BD1F-566C977D05E5.jpg (4032x3024, 1.72M)

And now it's upside down, wtf. Anways, recommended.

The good ol faithful pilot g2

>smooth as fuck
>gel
>not the most expensive
>clicky
>has a holder so you can put it on a pocket while you move around

Attached: 84DDEDD5-B296-4D88-AB81-E5305309D78F.jpg (380x380, 7K)

Muh nigga you have some great taste

that looks like shit

ty mein nigga

Here, do your research and pick what you want, you can never go wrong with Rotring 600, 800 or Rapid Pro as recommended.

youtube.com/channel/UC8vvvZUOQu8VErKCDvRVM9g/videos

fuck you

Any recommendations for lefties?

The orange one is vastly superior, but apparently not sold in North America?

4th for pilot G2

paper matters too. a moleskine should be your minimal acceptance quality.

Get a roller pen, they are super smooth

Ystudio ballpoint. Available in bare metal and black.

Attached: ystudio-ballpoint_pen_classic3.jpg (1500x1500, 68K)