>website doesn't load without cookies
>website doesn't load without Google API
>website doesn't load without Google AJAX
>website doesn't load without Cloudflare JavaScript
>website doesn't load without Cloudflare cookies
>website doesn't load without ads
>website doesn't load without ...
Websites were a major mistake.

Attached: 1512531264696.png (1002x583, 249K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/WardCunningham/remodeling/issues/18#issuecomment-274288732
wiki.c2.com/?AccessibleWebPageDesign
gopher.floodgap.com/gopher/gw
youtube.com/watch?v=kxkrdLI6e6M
werc.cat-v.org/
learnbchs.org/
motherfuckingwebsite.com/
wiby.me/
wiki.9gridchan.org/public_grid/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Then why are you using this website.

Attached: 1516136265631.jpg (461x410, 26K)

My problem is with random news websites or forums or anything static that doesn't load unless you enable every botnet it requires. Why can't I read a fucking article without all this garbage?

Jow Forums and other dynamic websites you set it up once and you can use it, but even without them you can still read Jow Forums.

>implying it's not just a scheme to fuel meme companies
it's made shit willingly

can we get a revival of web 2.0 or is it never going to happen?

REKT

just get the fuck out now faggot, it's over

It's not websites, it's the creators and owners of those specific ones. Unfortunately as the next-generation of parrots gets their pieces of paper we are seeing a steep rise in sites that are checkboxes of what's trendy rather than effective tools for users.

It's nice to see websites like gnu, apache, java, c++, python, postgres, and even random sites like realtek that make efficient use of screen space and system resources to do what it needs to do and nothing more.

>site doesn't load at all without javascript
>enable javascript
>it looks like this

Attached: js.png (615x772, 70K)

Javascript frameworks are the new standard for web developing and user data analysis is mandatory to better understand your customer needs, just deal with it.

Web developers don't give a single shit to your autism, they want to make money.

Two workarounds:
github.com/WardCunningham/remodeling/issues/18#issuecomment-274288732

Gotta love how they don't follow their own advice
wiki.c2.com/?AccessibleWebPageDesign
>Accessible Web Page Design
>This is writing Web pages so as to ensure correct interpretation in as many browsers as possible.
>The techniques include:
>avoid depending on browser's support for scripting, and so on

>Images are great. They'll revolutionize how we see the web
Just used for ads
>Javascript is great. It will allow us to have dynamic websites that will engage the user even more.
Just used for ads
>Flash is great. It will revolutionize the web by allowing even more media and interaction.
Just used for ads.
>Ads are okay. I mean they show you things you might be interested in and help support these websites.
Either serves malware or shows you shit you already have.
>The Web sucks nowadays
Yep, letting the normies know about it is why its become corrupted by the latest cancer: social-shit.

It's cheap and easy to run a browser on a VPS and have it send screenshots back. What the fuck is wrong with you?

I'll enable JS for first party domains if I trust the site, and if it requires some other cdns and shit that I recognize, I'll enable those too, but beyond that if it doesn't load I'm just not going to use the site.

>the new standard
> data analysis is mandatory
>understand your customer needs

oh well, I wonder who could be behind this post?

Attached: index.jpg (283x178, 9K)

The truth is the type of people that disable javascript in their browsers and shit don't actually buy anything anyway. Your not the target demographic for revenue so they are not going to care.

>Source: work for a very renowned internet marketing agency in the valley.

You're

So you're saying we should take the Gopher Pill?

>>Javascript is great
>Just used for ads
MORE LIKE JUST USED FOR BOTNET

JAVASCRIPT IS THE MISTAKE OF ALL MISTAKES

Redpill me on gohper, why is it better than HTTP?

Yeah. You get something like noscript or umatrix and at first you might think "it's annoying I have to allow all this crap for all these sites to work", but after a while you realize that this is because the modern web is garbage. It becomes refreshing when you find a site that works without enabling anything.

Simpler, consistent hierarchical structure, mostly plain text, focused more purely on information sharing without the "pizzazz" of the Web like CSS, Javascript, ads, etc.

Also, you don't have to ask us, take a look:
gopher.floodgap.com/gopher/gw

WebAssembly has huge implications for the web platform — it provides a way to run code written in multiple languages on the web at near native speed, with client apps running on the web that previously couldn’t have done so.

WebAssembly is designed to complement and run alongside JavaScript — using the WebAssembly JavaScript APIs, you can load WebAssembly modules into a JavaScript app and share functionality between the two. This allows you to take advantage of WebAssembly's performance and power and JavaScript's expressiveness and flexibility in the same apps, even if you don't know how to write WebAssembly code.

And what's even better is that it is being developed as a web standard via the W3C WebAssembly Working Group and Community Group with active participation from all major browser vendors.

Attached: 13.jpg (205x246, 4K)

and then theres dark patterns as well
youtube.com/watch?v=kxkrdLI6e6M

good video

If gopher had taken off instead of http they would have bloated it up with css/jss type (((features))) over the past decade anyways. You could do what gopher does in HTML right now, just people prefer bloat and shininess over speed and simplicity

What, did you expect webdevs to be competent enough to leverage WA without somehow shoehorning JS into the middle?
They rewrote entire backend frameworks and databases on single fucking threaded javascript implementations, and then they brought that shit to desktop applications. They're fucking hopeless.

Sure, in fact you can bloat gopher up with HTML, CSS, Javascript, etc. right now if you wanted, most clients just won't know what to do with it besides ones like Overbite that run inside a web browser.

A light HTTP site is also a good idea. For me personally though, if I'm going to duplicate the functionality of gopher in HTTP, I might as well just use an actual gopher server plus one of several HTTP gateways so "normal" people can still access it.

>Website development
werc.cat-v.org/
learnbchs.org/
motherfuckingwebsite.com/

Attached: 1522957427034.png (700x2000, 164K)

WE HAVE TO GO BACK

There is no going back.

Use an adblocker.

You're a fucking idiot. Never had any of those issues while using an adblocker.

there are many things that need to be erased

I wonder who could be an author of this post.

Attached: which_pokemon_is_this.jpg (469x354, 20K)

Why don't you go to a cafe or a park and set up a laptop with a router connected to other routers
The idea is that each City should have it's own "internet"

This is what the internet was designed to be

>website doesn't load without JavaScript
nothing wrong with that

>website doesn't load without Active X

Attached: no eyes.jpg (772x397, 87K)

Yes, I'm a fucking jew and I want to destroy and eslave your ass. That's my daily job.

I use Javascript to do that, btw.

If the people who disable JavaScript are not the ones who are going to buy things due to ads, why force these people to see ads ? You're just pissing them off, and they will just stop going on your website if there is an other option.

>they will just stop going on your website
And nothing of value will be lost

yeah as a webdev, i learned the hard way to watch what cdns to use.

i think the number of ppl disabling js is getting pretty small, they just run into so many sites that render poorly, loose functionality.

The ad/autorun thing thing is getting worse by the day. 'webpages' are just one boatload of ads after another. so much bandwidth spent on ads not content, it's greed people. the webdev is just trying to make fit what mgmt wants in.

How do we do that?

wiby.me/

man, I have absolutely no fucking idea why they decided to fuck their site up so hard
it's a showcase for why adding JS to everything sucks

>using an image board
>images are just used for ads
wew lad

Secede from the web and join the /grid/: wiki.9gridchan.org/public_grid/index.html

Attached: beauty.png (1366x768, 70K)