Trickle charge laptop with nuclear battery

Would it be possible to use a beta voltaic tritium battery which has a low power curve to charge little-by-little a lithium ion battery while it's not being used.
let's say I wanted to charge my laptop battery while my laptop was turned off would it be possible to implement nuclear power like this?

Attached: Battery-Clear-Background-1024x602-1-1.jpg.pagespeed.ce.d50gpXSCRL.jpg (1024x602, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2015/08/f26/Cabauy Tritium Focus Group Presentation.pdf
citylabs.net/products/
youtube.com/watch?v=KKdzhPiOqqg
youtube.com/watch?v=r7M6Pb2roLs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

one, no. even batteries and the lines to it have some resistance and it's "lost" there before charging anything.

many, probably.

How many terrorist watchlists would you get added to for buying this?

how about using capacitors in series and sequentially discharging them to charge a battery for a sustained period of time ?

since tritium can't be weaponized And is used in pacemakers I doubt you would get any attention

this is pretty much already how a powersupply works

look into switching supply

I want a single core ARM phone with e-ink display powered by this.
Should be enough for sms and whatsapp and googling shit in wikipedia.

initially, I think I should have mentioned that batteries like this usually last for 20 years
with the power decreasing steadily over time.

there is a new type of nuclear battery called a carbon Diamond battery which lasts for 6000 years but that is just theoretical

No. Those are in the microamp range. Say ~200uA, that mean it could charge A 3000mAh phone battery in 570 years.

That's not how resistance works. It doesn't eat up all the energy just because it's low amperage.

Yes you could.

you admit it, it's possible

>energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2015/08/f26/Cabauy Tritium Focus Group Presentation.pdf
>Vmax: 2.4 V
>Imax: ~60nA
you'd need over 300000000 of them just to power a regular laptop cpu
>4500$ for the 2.4V model
forget it

the op image generates a maximum of 350 nanoamps open-circuit, and it can do 2.4v closed-circuit.
the rating in watts of a bigger P200 from the same company is 100 microwatts.
honestly, i'd be fairly impressed if you could run an fpga off of one of these, and they ADVERTISE that that's possible.

Yes. It's just that the power charged would be negligible.

Since we can't reliably steal nuclear power it is expensive.

You're severely overestimating how much power those things produce. Theoretically yes you could charge a battery with one, but it will take weeks before any significant charge builds up.
citylabs.net/products/
youtube.com/watch?v=KKdzhPiOqqg

>energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2015/08/f26/Cabauy Tritium Focus Group Presentation.pdf
"Suitable for low power robust applications
(nanoWatts - microWatts)
Power burst via secondary trickle charging
(milliWatt – Watts)"

You really think your 3Ah battery would store whatever minuscule amount of power you trickle into it for 570 years?

its nuclear waste and another man's trash is another man's treasure but It's a bit expensive I bought a tritium vial for like $15 and it was barely 10 millimeters

Attached: 20180406_121145.jpg (4032x3024, 3.74M)

yes

Fun fact: over it's 20 year lifetime, this thing can output 0.96768Wh.
That's as much energy as a fully charged 261mAh battery.

In other words, this thing is useless for anything except the lowest of power applications, that you want to run for several years.

>261mAh battery.
Lipo battery*

Attached: twice-tzuyu_1460464587_af_org.jpg (1000x666, 60K)

idk, could you power a clock or a wristwatch with it at the very least? That'd be cool.

This thing's current output is measured in nanoamps, user. Even a Casio wristwatch requires orders of magnitude more current than that.

fuckin' hell.

what the fuck COULD you even use it for then??
what industrial purpose would it even serve if it provides that little electricity? I mean shit could I just scale it up to the point where it could provide enough electricity to power a shitty digital clock? if I can do it with a fucking potato, I'd hope I can do it with a big ass box full of tritium

Sure, but the quantity required and it's volume would make it entirely impractical.
You realize many satellites and rovers use them?

kek

Pacemakers are one the major applications they cover.
You would need hundreds of thousands of these devices to power a digital clock.

>load some jewish newspaper
>2MB of javascript
>500kWh used up in one second

maybe a super low power range finder

Attached: burris_eliminator_iii_laser_rangefinder_rifle_scope_1304830_2.jpg (738x640, 23K)

I think similar devices only much bigger are used in satellites. They need to operate in extremely cold temperatures and for ~20 years where say a lipo battery wouldn't be viable. It's probably enough to keep some systems online when solar isn't available.

Powering tiny SRAM modules which contain encryption keys.

from the website data
this is how much energy you'd get out of the chip in Wy.
-0.000173123 e^(-0.0577623 t) + 0.000173123

your battery will be charged to ~4% after 1 year, ~45% after 10, after 20 to ~60%. this assumes no leaks.

>capacitors
super capacitors
youtube.com/watch?v=r7M6Pb2roLs