Daily reminder to love Kotlin!

Daily reminder to love Kotlin!

Attached: CB4840A3_01CB_4268_AF96_45E00B52A999.jpg (657x574, 58K)

Bump help me

>JVM
Poo.Init()

HP are the scriptures to atheists.

Weird how this works. Noticed this phenomenon about 2 years ago.

Anything remotely similar to java is poo tier, do not.

The students must have commited suicide so they could escape from the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 1459386328130.jpg (1600x2874, 558K)

I don't get point of kotlin.
if you want to do.java, why not code on java?

>god-tier
>atlas shrugged
I can't tell whether this chart is retarded or just pretending to be.

Why would you say that book is not good tier? Are you commie?

>proper functional programming
>lambdas
>null safety
>better verbosity
>reduce line count by 50%

I'm an atheist and i piss on it.
Maybe it's because i'm not a westcuck.
You need to narrow down your identifier.

If I told her all hogwards students should turn in their wands how would she respond to that?

>wands are for noob faggots
>a true wizard can cast magic even through their boner
>BAN ASSAULT WANDS, END OF SAUSAGE PARTY NAO!

Because it's poorly written and espouses an absolutely brain-dead ideology. I don't really mind either of those and did enjoy some parts of it while reading, but calling it "god-tier" is just stupid. Aside from meme value, why would you do that?

>proper functional programming
>reduce line count by 50%

Use ABCL or Clojure and you'll get savings a lot higher than 50%.

one of kotlins main benefits over java to large mobile apps is improved readability. I wouldn't say that for *lisp dialects

tfw you use Resharper, Kotlin, Idea, Pycharm and nginx on a daily basis and every once in a while you get panic attack that Russians can now take control of your computer any moment they please.

Attached: tinfoilhat.jpg (159x243, 15K)

no? the only thing that determines an atheist is the lack of belief in a diety or deities. that is it. fuck off

What I know is that you can compile to native code, without anything related to java? Is that right?
Anyway, I really do love this language. A lot of fun using it.

Yeah but then you won't be able to use Java libraries so what's the point really.

dynamic typing is cancer

Java 9 already has support for standalone native binaries which only contain bits and pieces of the library you use. It seems the future of JVM dependant languages is moving in the right direction.

Yeah and Bernie Sanders is independent, too.

based

How so

But I love it, it's the best ketchup, especially ten ostry one

this is supposed to be a kotlin thread

fact: less than 1% of stack overflow posts are related to kotlin. If that's not discrimination I don't know what is

Already do.

Attached: DX8Fki-V4AEbMhW.jpg (1024x576, 44K)

quoting or using examples from the bible is just as bad as the harry potter faggots

Sorry about your autism.

Attached: 3693bd0fc82607d710ebc74957ddb6dd451bce62ae115789aafa802cb8e99b8e.png (203x209, 14K)